Fight at pool bar in Dallas

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
When I was at Big Tyme a few weeks back in the bar table event I was in a match.
I asked my opponent nicely to stop swingin' his cue butt while I was shooting THEN....EVERY thing changed.
He was a stud/30 yr old, dressed to the 10's and either on Steroids or??
It go soo bad I had to get the TD involved.
I buckled down, beat this kid and then he threated me, enough that I was VERY concerned.
Never had this happen in a large event.
He actually started complaining about my Visor and My pool glasses.
He followed me around in the pool room, even into the bathroom.
I told the owners.
Every time he saw me....and he was doggin me at times, coming and going he would call me names, like in elementary school.
He wan't to pick a fight with me, but I just ignored his actions.
I'm finding the Demographics of the pool room now-a-daze not quite the same/safe as during the 60"s 70's 80's and 90's.

He drank a Pitcher of ice water during our match, 64oz.

Last edited:

MurrayNevada

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
"He drank a Pitcher of ice water during our match, 64oz."

Increased thirst and difficulty urinating are both side effects of anabolic steroids. He was probably just very thirsty, couldn't piss, and was depressed about his steroid shrunken testicles. You played this out correctly.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yep. but i'm a bit surprised that he managed to fool the guy with an attempted handshake twice. should've learned the first time that trick was followed by a punch.
Yeah, and that dude was pretty big. He should’ve tied the little shit up in a knot and stuffed him into a corner pocket.

I can’t believe the entire room didn’t get involved when he hit the woman working there. If that had happened in my pool hall, they never would’ve found his body…

middleofnowhere

Registered
There's an old saying a dog never s**** where he eats. In other words it's not a good idea to make enemies and especially if it's where you live. These bar room altercations need to be avoided at any cost even if it's your own ego.

You can't even tell from somebody's demeanor what they're really like. Here's a fast story. A real good bar player in Florida I because it's like 40 years ago I can't remember his name. I went for about a 90 mile drive cuz I wanted to play this guy.

I'm in the bar for a short time and finally I just asked to barmaid when he comes in. She tells me he's in the hospital. Here's the story.

He's playing some guy in the bar a couple nights earlier for like $5 a game. They told me that during the game there was no real arguments or anything that would indicate what was about to come. The guy loses about 30 or $40 and while he looks kind of annoyed just leaves the bar.

At closing time the bar player I'm referring to is leaving the bar and he's in the parking lot. The guy he had been playing earlier is sitting in his car and calls over to him. He walks over thinking maybe the guy is going to say something like I'll play you some more tomorrow or something.

Instead when he gets to the guy's window the guy just shoots him in the face and drives away.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those 2 guys fight like girls
Round house punches with no weight or torque behind them ,no combos either.
Left hook to the liver followed by a straight right to the jaw would have stopped red shirt.
In my prime with my Marine Corps training and some boxing I've done the guy in red would have lasted 10 seconds.
What a couple of sissies.
Maybe even today I could have handled him, I'm 74 and can get real nasty when attacked.
Although to be honest these days I would walk away from a confrontation unless I am assaulted.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Left hook to the liver followed by a straight right to the jaw would have stopped red shirt.
In my prime with my Marine Corps training and some boxing I've done the guy in red would have lasted 10 seconds.
Maybe even today I could have handled him, I'm 74 and can get real nasty when attacked.
Although to be honest these days I would walk away from a confrontation unless I am assaulted.
I was thinking that too. I work with a lot of young kids - a surprisingly high number of them are into MMA. These guys work doing physical labor and are strong, hardworking kids with a lot of stamina. Guy in red is lucky he didn't run into someone like you or them who know what they are doing.

And then I see guys fight like this. Most of my bar pool playing was in Denver - mostly 90s. Any bar I went to in those days this fight would have been over in about 6 seconds.

I think the guy in the red was lucky because it seemed like everyone else was trying not to hurt him. Just control him and get him out of the bar. He was aggressive but not skilled. The people he was fighting were not aggressive and not skilled.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
reminds me of a song..... ;)

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I gave up playing drunk bar box players a long time ago
Yep! And there is not a damn thing you can say to them to convince them otherwise. It’s really just a case of a ticking time bomb. I swear they go out on the town with one goal in mind. All the more reason to avoid the bar pool scene.