Arizona Open (CSI Predator US Pro Billiard Series) 28-31 July, (10 Ball/9 ft table) Winner $13K

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're up early, did you roll over and fall out of bed😅

Interested after the fact just means you missed out on the beginning, therefore, missed out entirely😉
It’s 336 in the afternoon where I’m at-Monte Carlo.

I have been known to fall out of bed, wake up on the floor wondering how that happened. But I never hit my head in the process.

Best,
Fatboy

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I had a dream once about producing a big pool tournament. And then I produced it.
Talk is cheap. If nothing ever happens, then it's just a nice conversation.
I remember a guy who was going to sell a lot of glue and produce an entire pool tour. Where did he go?
Here's something for you to think about Jay. Let's say Domino's Pizza was going to jump on board and throw millions into pool events, but they all had to be played by Pros only, had to ALL be live streamed events, with a PPV fee of $30, ok. BUT Domino's told everyone, that if they ordered at least $30 in pizza before each event, THEY would pay YOUR $30 PPV fee FOR you so you could watch the live event, leaving you with only the $5.99 SVOD monthly subscription to pay, which would allow you to watch all live recorded matches just like watching Netflix.....would you eat Domino's Pizza, they do have about 18,000 locations in 90 countries around the world!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Here's something for you to think about Jay. Let's say Domino's Pizza was going to jump on board and throw millions into pool events, but they all had to be played by Pros only, had to ALL be live streamed events, with a PPV fee of $30, ok. BUT Domino's told everyone, that if they ordered at least $30 in pizza before each event, THEY would pay YOUR $30 PPV fee FOR you so you could watch the live event, leaving you with only the $5.99 SVOD monthly subscription to pay, which would allow you to watch all live recorded matches just like watching Netflix.....would you eat Domino's Pizza, they do have about 18,000 locations in 90 countries around the world!!
Jay, the problem is not with getting sponsors on board, the problem is with pool NOT being organized enough to support the sponsors!!!!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost me at 'Let's say'. More delusional drivel.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, because that would just go right along with your fake support of pool already.
I support by buying gear and playing in tournaments.

Also, this forum is a place to talk to other people interested in the same game you are. Some want to grow it, some want to pretend to grow it, and others just want to chat about it and bust each other's balls. I know which group I sit in, and EVERYONE knows what group you sit in.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I support by buying gear and playing in tournaments.

Also, this forum is a place to talk to other people interested in the same game you are. Some want to grow it, some want to pretend to grow it, and others just want to chat about it and bust each other's balls. I know which group I sit in, and EVERYONE knows what group you sit in.
Yeah, I sit in the group determined to do something positive with this sport, NOT the group just willing to sit back and accept that pool is what it is, and will never get better!!! I also sit in the group that believes the Pro's should be separated from the amateurs, 100%

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I sit in the group determined to do something positive with this sport, NOT the group just willing to sit back and accept that pool is what it is, and will never get better!!! I also sit in the group that believes the Pro's should be separated from the amateurs, 100%
I think you need to sit in the short bus.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You really need help. You keep spewing this drivel about some pro pool that you're involved with and it NEVER happens. Last thing this full of gas was the Hindenburg. Things didn't go too good there either.

Well we should wait till April Fools Day 2022, as RKC’s Big Event is March 2022. By April fools day dust will have settled, and people will be cheering or booing RKC.😎

Years ago Ed Sullivan would pump that ninth show, end with something about really big show. Ed always delivered. Introduced Beatles to USA, people freeked out.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well we should wait till April Fools Day 2022, as RKC’s Big Event is March 2022. By April fools day dust will have settled, and people will be cheering or booing RKC.😎

Years ago Ed Sullivan would pump that ninth show, end with something about really big show. Ed always delivered. Introduced Beatles to USA, people freeked out.
Don't forget, Elvis Presley too😅

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member

Pool has not been introduced to most Americans properly.

Its like drinking or smoking people learn the wrong way to enjoy it.

Earl knows how to promote the fun and excitement to get people interested in live pool matches.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
It looks to me like $6550, $48,000(entries/added)-41,450(payout), was taken out of this one. Part of running one? Jay,what say you?

I wonder if Predator waived the entry fee for its sponsored players? Would that account for some of the missing $6550?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Back in Pre WW-ll USA, pool was big, it was promoted by Brunswick & Mosconi.

Today it competes with 200 other things.

If this is pool competing then it needs all the free help it can get.

The Arizona event did have good commentary I heard the young players promoting billiard rooms and equipment.

The only lacking advertisement was pool instruction or book recommendations or youtubers to follow.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder if Predator waived the entry fee for its sponsored players? Would that account for some of the missing $6550?
Chickenshit move but in this game nothing would surprise me. Admin.,ref's, etc. would be my guess but who really knows. I msg'd CSI about it. See what, if anything, they have to say.