Sky and Shane Squabble

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am disheartened to learn that there is a riff between Sky Woodward and Shane Van Boening. Of course, there's three sides to a story, I guess: Sky's, Shane's, and the truth. Sky has posted on his Facebook page words to the effect of how Shane disrespected him, and so he felt the need to post his thoughts, his side of the story to set the record straight.

Considering the lack of professional players in the United States, these two are shoe-ins for the Mosconi Cup. Having them be at odds with each other will affect the Team USA spirit. I hope they can mend this broken fence before the Cup.

I respect both players, but a squabble like this, especially on social media, may affect their performance at the Cup and other events. It already is starting to divide the fans. Thoughts?

PracticeChampion

I'd rather seen that said face to face instead of the internet but any issues need to be aired to get it over with. Seems like I remember Shane and Corey having issues a few cups ago, definitely make for some uncomfortable moments playing team matches

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. Two pool players arguing?? How novel. Look, these guys are competitors not running buddies. This stuff happens all the time. If it wasn't for soc. media we would rarely,if ever, hear this stuff. They'll be fine in the MC.

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am disheartened to learn that there is a riff between Sky Woodward and Shane Van Boening. Of course, there's three sides to a story, I guess: Sky's, Shane's, and the truth. Sky has posted on his Facebook page words to the effect of how Shane disrespected him, and so he felt the need to post his thoughts, his side of the story to set the record straight.

Considering the lack of professional players in the United States, these two are shoe-ins for the Mosconi Cup. Having them be at odds with each other will affect the Team USA spirit. I hope they can mend this broken fence before the Cup.

I respect both players, but a squabble like this, especially on social media, may affect their performance at the Cup and other events. It already is starting to divide the fans. Thoughts?
If the riff continues—assuming it happened in the first place—I doubt it would continue long. Both are reasonable, very nice guys. Sometimes ribbing can get out of hand or be misinterpreted, especially in text on social media. I expect they will resolve it before Mosconi Cup. After all, Shane is an assistant captain, so I’m sure he’d want it past them before the match.

chenjy9

Who are these so-called fans getting divided? I legitimately want to know this and am not trying to be an ass. For example, I am a fan of both players and I don't give a damn. In fact, neither I nor my own personal pool friends even knew there was drama going on. Like are we talking about SVB or Sky groupies? Who is getting divided here?!

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well at least they are not married! I watched a snooker match on Youtube the other day between an ex wife and her former husband. She refused to shake his hand to begin the match and when she lost she refused to acknowledge him packed up her cue and walked out. It was brutal and cold.. Guess they did not enjoy a good divorce..

I expect Shane and Sky will talk and get over their grievance. It will help them both to do so, dragging that baggage around will hurt them equally..

chenjy9

Well at least they are not married! I watched a snooker match on Youtube the other day between an ex wife and her former husband. She refused to shake his hand to begin the match and when she lost she refused to acknowledge him packed up her cue and walked out. It was brutal and cold.. Guess they did not enjoy a good divorce..

I expect Shane and Sky will talk and get over their grievance. It will help them both to do so, dragging that baggage around will hurt them equally..
She probably took half and still wasn't happy.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This is not big deal, guy getting killed over Pool game/set bet because looser refitted to pay up money lost. Is big deal.

NFL & NHL players are alway mixing it up.🤣

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who are these so-called fans getting divided? I legitimately want to know this and am not trying to be an ass. For example, I am a fan of both players and I don't give a damn. In fact, neither I nor my own personal pool friends even knew there was drama going on. Like are we talking about SVB or Sky groupies? Who is getting divided here?!
Read some of the replies to Sky's Facebook thread and you might be enlightened.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope you are right. That would be the best of all outcomes for sure.

I kind of wish it wasn't aired out on social media for thousands of pool enthusiasts to read, but on the other hand, it's kind of difficult for one party not to respond to another party's comments when they are derogatory in nature.

About snooker pro Mark Evans and his ex, snooker pro Reanne Evans, they have a child together, and she wants child support, yet he's getting ready to file for bankruptcy, according to the media. There's probably more going on with these two behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you are right. That would be the best of all outcome for sure.

I kind of wish it wasn't aired out on social media for thousands of pool enthusiasts to read, but on the other hand, it's kind of difficult for one party not to respond to another party's comments when they are derogatory in nature.
I totally agree Jen. But now it is and once you see it you can't unsee it! Hopefully they will both realize for professionals to act like children is unprofessional. Billy learned so there is hope!!!

Reactions: JAM