Diamond dual polisher

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember once a well known cue builder asked me to borrow a Gus, Barry, Bushka and a Tad to x-ray for “information purpose’s”, I didn’t help him out. He got permanently banned. Not cool.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was stolen? No patent on it. This nonsense was covered before.
It wouldn't matter if it was patented. One of the principles of patents is to obtain a patent you have to disclose the invention. If it was patented, he could search the patent office records and see diagrams of the patented intellectual property.

There is nothing improper about examining a patented item and figuring out a way to build your own version that accomplishes the same thing in a manner that doesn't violate the patent. He's not doing anything wrong.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm building it for myself anyway, just wanted to see how not to do it.....lol.....it's noisy, I'm going to use a worm gear drive system to make it quiet.....
Worm drive motor is 4× the cost of the Dayton motor in the polisher, and good luck installing a worm driver motor in the box frame, then driving the second platter at the same time, at the speed it currently spins!!

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It wouldn't matter if it was patented. One of the principles of patents is to obtain a patent you have to disclose the invention. If it was patented, he could search the patent office records and see diagrams of the patented intellectual property.

There is nothing improper about examining a patented item and figuring out a way to build your own version that accomplishes the same thing in a manner that doesn't violate the patent. He's not doing anything wrong.
Exactly! You can copy any patent you want. You are just not allowed to sell it. Or, you could just wait for the Chinese to copy it. They don't give a damn about patents anyway.

JC

Coos Cues
Exactly! You can copy any patent you want. You are just not allowed to sell it. Or, you could just wait for the Chinese to copy it. They don't give a damn about patents anyway.
You can bet your ass it would be noisy then. The Chinese don't give a damn about how the stuff they steal works as long as it looks the same.