CTE Stepping Cue Ball.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
no you wouldn't. if I showed my daughters using cte it wouldn't change your stance one bit.

because, you're truly an evil person in my opinion.
Or you're just a whack job.
Any professional pool school would not teach pivoting to beginners .
Beginners should be taught a straight line to the the shot and go down on it .
Your daughter is already off to a bad start .

In my opinion , you are just like those who are stuck in some aikido school who's carrying the big lie from the sensei .

All those professional instructors who are NEVER going to buy your bullsh8 are evil too then .

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's actually more than that. It's business, too. At $100 per book let's say 3/4 of the facebook page has the book. That's 2500 people or $250,000 in sales. Now imagine you are a competitor selling your own instructional book but your sales are lagging because some guy out there is trashing every other method of aiming by claiming his is the only professional system and is objective and the Filipino's all probably use it and every top pro might even use it without knowing about it. Throw in a handful of unfounded claims and you start getting into false advertising territory. So, just because it doesn't mean anything to you does not mean it isn't harmful to someone else.

Longterm/continuous book sales are more reliant on positive wide-open public reviews and worldwide satisfied customers, not on any competitor's tag lines, personal opinions, blurbs, or private/closed/well-monitored facebook groups. In that sort of setting, every group member is vetted and verified to already believe/support the opinion of the group leader. And such groups have zero influence on other people's book sales or dvd sales or whatever.

It's like joining a Ford forum where only Ford lovers are allowed to join and comment with each other about Fords. Such a group has no influence on the sale of Chevrolets. Lol

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
It's actually more than that. It's business, too. At $100 per book let's say 3/4 of the facebook page has the book. That's 2500 people or $250,000 in sales. Now imagine you are a competitor selling your own instructional book but your sales are lagging because some guy out there is trashing every other method of aiming by claiming his is the only professional system and is objective and the Filipino's all probably use it and every top pro might even use it without knowing about it. Throw in a handful of unfounded claims and you start getting into false advertising territory. So, just because it doesn't mean anything to you does not mean it isn't harmful to someone else.
Dan, that's really part of the real world .
If you are one of those who forked $100, you can always resell it for a loss .
Or profit if it gains value.
It's really nothing more than Meucci claiming their shaft has zero deflection.
Nobody has sued them but their sales have plummeted .

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Dan, that's really part of the real world .
If you are one of those who forked $100, you can always resell it for a loss .
Or profit if it gains value.
It's really nothing more than Meucci claiming their shaft has zero deflection.
Nobody has sued them but their sales have plummeted .

Exactly. For any product, if advertising claims don't quite match up with customer satisfaction, the product will not have great sales. Initially the sales may be great, because people want a great product. But if the product turns out to be not so great, long-term sales suffer.

That's why the average pool book only sells about 5,000 copies within 10 years. The newest books typically do well out of the gate because pool players are always looking for improvement. But if the book is no good, or offers nothing new for improvement, buyers tell their friends not to waste their money or time on it, and they go to facebook and online forums to share their negative opinions. Then the book sales decline and that book becomes just another average book that, with luck, might sell 5000 copies or so in 10 years.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. For any product, if advertising claims don't quite match up with customer satisfaction, the product will not have great sales. Initially the sales may be great, because people want a great product. But if the product turns out to be not so great, long-term sales suffer.

That's why the average pool book only sells about 5,000 copies within 10 years. The newest books typically do well out of the gate because pool players are always looking for improvement. But if the book is no good, or offers nothing new for improvement, buyers tell their friends not to waste their money or time on it, and they go to facebook and online forums to share their negative opinions. Then the book sales decline and that book becomes just another average book that, with luck, might sell 5000 copies or so in 10 years.
Stan has a captive audience of about 3200 times a $100 that's not too bad to start.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And some books become collector items and the value keeps increasing

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Or you're just a whack job.
Any professional pool school would not teach pivoting to beginners .
Beginners should be taught a straight line to the the shot and go down on it .
Your daughter is already off to a bad start .

In my opinion , you are just like those who are stuck in some aikido school who's carrying the big lie from the sensei .

All those professional instructors who are NEVER going to buy your bullsh8 are evil too then .
lol, since I am not selling anything much less bullshit I don't have any concern about what professional instructors choose to do.

many current professional instructors teach several aiming systems.

don't try to equate yourself with professional instructors. you are not one and nor do you speak for them.

you're a low level player who does cue repair. that's the perspective you bring to this topic. you want to appeal to the authority of professional level players and instructors BUT only the ones who don't explicitly endorse or teach objective aiming systems.

You want to post examples of people teaching ghost ball as a way to knock cte but you fail to understand that ghost ball is merely the most common aiming system and the easiest to teach. almost any player at any level, including you, can teach ghost ball. and if that's all you know and thus all you know then it is natural to knock other methods that you don't understand if you want to retain some relevance in an environment where there are many more aiming systems with many being advanced technically.

all of these years you haven't made a single point that is actually relevant. your attempts have been easily rebuffed.

the thing is that you don't want to be a part of seeing this sport grow. you're a super nobody who thinks he is somebody. a player who failed to learn and then blamed the information instead of his own inability.

My daughter is off to a bad start you say? see I told you that you aren't interested in seeing beginners successfully pocketing balls using an objective method of aiming.

i understand, it hurts to try and make what you think are logical points and then see them get shot down.

but keep on trolling. you're good at it. the true trolls don't even need logic, just targets. you're kind of a baby troll right now and likely at the upper limit of your intellect.

this conversation is about a member asking about how to do something inside the cte method. you, pat, Dan and everyone else here who doesn't know, or know how to apply the process shouldn't be here at all in this thread. only because of your self-insertion has the topic n moved away from original question.

so for me, sticking your nose into a topic that you can offer zero useable instruction with the intention of being a jerk to other members is an example of trolling. deliberately causing harm is an evil act.

prove me wrong.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Stan has a captive audience of about 3200 times a $100 that's not too bad to start.
is that what the sales have been? captive in what way? the group members have joined willingly and they are free to leave at any time. there are more than 25 videos from Stan available for free. there is no charge for posting questions and questions are answered by Stan and other proficient cte instructors and users.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
prove me wrong.
Go ahead .
Show a professional snooker and pool instructor showing pivoting to BEGINNERS .

Quit pulling rank . You're 40 yr C player with a wonky stroke who has been promoting a system BEFORE you even learned it correctly. Made erroneous videos before even learning it .

Beginners should be taught simple aiming system and correct fundamentals .
Are you this nutty or you're a real deep pathological liar ?
I already shared Mark Wilson's video showing it . How many more snooker videos do I need to show ?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Longterm/continuous book sales are more reliant on positive wide-open public reviews and worldwide satisfied customers, not on any competitor's tag lines, personal opinions, blurbs, or private/closed/well-monitored facebook groups. In that sort of setting, every group member is vetted and verified to already believe/support the opinion of the group leader. And such groups have zero influence on other people's book sales or dvd sales or whatever.

It's like joining a Ford forum where only Ford lovers are allowed to join and comment with each other about Fords. Such a group has no influence on the sale of Chevrolets. Lol
exactly, a forum dedicated to one brand, one model, one genre has either no impact or negligible impact on the commercial success of anything else. good point.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Go ahead .
Show a professional snooker and pool instructor showing pivoting to BEGINNERS .

Quit pulling rank . You're 40 yr C player with a wonky stroke who has been promoting a system BEFORE you even learned it correctly. Made erroneous videos before even learning it .

Beginners should be taught simple aiming system and correct fundamentals .
Are you this nutty or you're a real deep pathological liar ?
I already shared Mark Wilson's video showing it . How many more snooker videos do I need to show ?
huh? why would I need to show anything to a professional instructor?

you shared a video of Mark teaching form not aiming.

if I am a c player then you're worse than that.

I meant prove me wrong that you're not an evil troll wannabe.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
huh? why would I need to show anything to a professional instructor?

you shared a video of Mark teaching form not aiming.

if I am a c player then you're worse than that.

I meant prove me wrong that you're not an evil troll wannabe.
Yup. So, there are NO PROFESSIONAL instructors teaching pivoting to beginners .
Stop arguing then.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Even more than the business - it's misinformation about how aiming and aiming systems work in pool, being touted over and over here on this pool discussion forum. Take that back to your Facebook fanboy club or expect a rebuttal here.

pj
chgo
what misinformation? in your opinion but the reality is that people are learning and using that information to play better pool. more importantly they are enjoying the game more because of having increased their aiming accuracy.

they are experiencing real world results on the pool table, making more shots, doing better in tournaments and league play, making more money, etc...

so yeah, that's like your opinion but it doesn't match actual experience.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

I would guess only a fraction of those captived followers have actually purchased his book. I hope they all have, but I seriously doubt it. The 5000 DVD'S took nearly 10 years to sell out. I hope the book does better than that. I hope he sells every one in record time, then orders another 2500, or however many copies he originally had printed with that $40k.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would guess only a fraction of those captived followers have actually purchased his book. I hope they all have, but I seriously doubt it. The 5000 DVD'S took nearly 10 years to sell out. I hope the book does better than that. I hope he sells every one in record time, then orders another 2500, or however many copies he originally had printed with that $40k.
Why would you hope that a book with serious logical errors in it sells quickly? I said earlier that maybe the non CTE parts of the book are useful, but how thick would that book be? A pamphlet?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is that what the sales have been? captive in what way? the group members have joined willingly and they are free to leave at any time. there are more than 25 videos from Stan available for free. there is no charge for posting questions and questions are answered by Stan and other proficient cte instructors and users.
They are captive in the sense that if they don't want to get kicked out they will not make waves. It is clear that he runs the group with an iron fist, or whatever Low said. The emperor is free to roam naked in such an environment.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you hope that a book with serious logical errors in it sells quickly? I said earlier that maybe the non CTE parts of the book are useful, but how thick would that book be? A pamphlet?
Another shit post from you. You don’t even have the book. Pretty sad life to be so Butthurt over an aiming system.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are captive in the sense that if they don't want to get kicked out they will not make waves. It is clear that he runs the group with an iron fist, or whatever Low said. The emperor is free to roam naked in such an environment.
It’s a group for positivity and learning. Nothing like the shit show here thank God