So you don't think Matchroom is making a difference...

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
When have we ever seen this in the last 20 years. Nice to see.

1632027296828.png

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biado's people might have powered him because of that BS foul call. Or Matchroom powered him because of that BS foul call. Or he dug it out of himself because of that BS foul call.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
When have we ever seen this in the last 20 years. Nice to see.

View attachment 610219
Great tournament, and great by both. Yapp was clearly the story of the tournament. He really has entered into the elite space,

Not for nothing with the press report, but it has been less than 20 years for Pagulayan’s US Open win. Alex is both a Filipino and is often officially representing the Philippines in international competitions. His win should be counted as the last time a Filipino won the event as well as the last Canadian to win it.

Freddie <~~~ not the next Filipino US Open winner

• Love
Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom is making a difference and is creating more opportunities for professional players to compete. By them putting it on TV with DAZN and SkySport, even though I can't stand DAZN, with interviews of the players and expert commentary providing a glimpse of the personalities of pool, it's a win-win for me. If non-pool-related industry members come forth with sponsorships monies and paid advertising, pool as we know it now will be no more. We will have higher payouts and more young people entering the sport like Yapp who aspire to be a professional. What a great story that is!

A few screenshots I took from the finals. When Carlo got emotional and could not hold back his tears, well, I started crying too. This is the stuff movies are made out of.
888.png
989789.png
66.png
111.png
5555.png
12.png

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I watched the match with Chang and Biado was on fire. I'm not surprised he rose to the top.
Great play!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
All around great event. This is the turning point. It would not surprise me if the cash payout exceeds 500K within 5 years.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool players never stop complaining which has pushed me a way from the game more and more.

Match room is doing for pool what we have been waiting since the 90s when camel backed out to do. Infusing real money and attention. Everything is first class and players don’t have to wonder if they are going to get paid or not.