People bitching about 7’ tables

JimmyJaymes

Get over yourself. I play on both 9’ and 7’ why? because, both of them help you to be a better pool player. Whether it’s a shorter shot on a smaller table or a longer shot on a big table. Yes I agree it is a more satisfying game on the big table, but you can still learn to play well on a small table and you can you use that to learn how to play smaller/shorter shots or shape by playing on a small table. You can use that knowledge to play smaller/shorter shots or shape on a big table. Don’t get me wrong everyone knows they got to take the longer shot some time but you can learn to shorten that shot If you play on a smaller table. For Fuc$ sake some of you people seem to not like pool at all. Just play on whatever and have fun. Be happy to be able to play on both and put your ego aside. You can still learn and be happy on a smaller table if you don’t have a stick up your ass. Some of you die hards for the 9’ only, I want to play on the small table just to see what you can do on the kids table as some call it. Would you be able to compete with Shane or orcollo in a race to 100 on the little table? That’s what I thought…. then STFU and play some pool on whatever and get better at whatever. Love pool however it is and support it. Otherwise it will die with all the asshole rules here that you can’t play or pool is going to die if you play on a certain table GTFOH. Pool is going to die because of your piss poor attitudes.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Get over yourself. I play on both 9’ and 7’ why? because, both of them help you to be a better pool player. Whether it’s a shorter shot on a smaller table or a longer shot on a big table. Yes I agree it is a more satisfying game on the big table, but you can still learn to play well on a small table and you can you use that to learn how to play smaller/shorter shots or shape by playing on a small table. You can use that knowledge to play smaller/shorter shots or shape on a big table. Don’t get me wrong everyone knows they got to take the longer shot some time but you can learn to shorten that shot If you play on a smaller table. For Fuc$ sake some of you people seem to not like pool at all. Just play on whatever and have fun. Be happy to be able to play on both and put your ego aside. You can still learn and be happy on a smaller table if you don’t have a stick up your ass. Some of you die hards for the 9’ only, I want to play on the small table just to see what you can do on the kids table as some call it. Would you be able to compete with Shane or orcollo in a race to 100 on the little table? That’s what I thought…. then STFU and play some pool on whatever and get better at whatever. Love pool however it is and support it. Otherwise it will die with all the asshole rules here that you can’t play or pool is going to die if you play on a certain table GTFOH. Pool is going to die because of your piss poor attitudes.
Feel better?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing pool on a 7’ table is like playing basketball with a 8’ tall basket you’ll find at some elementary schools.
You shoot baskets & might even dunk it if you’re tall enough but then go play with 10’ baskets. It ain’t the same.
But it’s definitely the trend for leagues & becoming more popular, plus more tables fit in the same space as before.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
7ft tabels are a different game. Similar to Judd Trump playing pool, just different. I have a big Diamond but have recently bought a 7ft Valley and upgraded rails and recovered with Simonis. Put that in my oldest sons cave in the Chicago area. It plays good and is a lot of fun. I recently helped my youngest son put a Diamond 7ft in his house in Denver. We had it professionally installed, its a lot of fun.

I have played cue sports for over 55 years and I play Snooker, 3C billiards and darn near every game that has ever conceived. And yes to me they are a lot of fun.

Each game takes a different route to the fun zone.

There are plenty of guys that I cant beat on the small table but I own then on the big track. Too me it seem kind of silly to argue about which one is better, when they are all a lot of fun.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the variety of being able to practice on a 10 foot, a 9 foot, and a 7 foot table in our room. Different challenges presented on all three size tables.

joninnorfolk

Account was hacked - Pending verification
Silver Member
I far and away prefer to play 1p... I have no interest in a 7', but I guess I'm ruining pool!

Whatever.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate the sentiment- just shoot pool.
but we do have options within the world of billiards
I know the more I play, the more I learn what I like, and don't
I can play on 7' and have fun- but I prefer playing on a bigger table
some folks might prefer the small table, and that's ok too
in this crazy world (and also the one covered by felt)
I reckon there's room for us all

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of the better players prefer 9 foot. I may or may not fit that category, but I love a 9 foot table. That said, I own a 7 foot. It's all I have room for. I installed new cushions, and recovered. Plays great.

Most people fall in the recreational category. They play occasionally for fun...leagues and otherwise. A 7 foot table makes more sense.

PracticeChampion

Ive always had a barbox, mostly because of room fitment reasons and I was a league player, that's played of course on a barbox but now I recently got an os 8' and I actually find the bigger table easier. Of course a full length of the rail shot is damn tuff but there's just so much room to move around to get shape vrs all the congestion on a small table

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 6.43.00 AM.png

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

Just an observation, BUT, in the background in some of Darren Appleton's videos when he
changes the camers angle and he's facing towards the foot end of his 9 footer you can see
that he has a 7' table behind where his main table camera is located. (must be nice :rolleyes:).

hank