Southwest Cue Wait

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are so great why can't they make a straight cue. When I see some for sale most say it has the Southwest roll or
lift at the joint. 15-20 years for that, Not a chance in hell!

Right? I just don’t get the attraction at all. Neither from a visual or playability. Very few that I would say hey i would like to play that. Then have a warp. That’s another no thanks for me.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
It like Alcohol before 21, then you hit 21 not a big deal.

I come up for order this year, Meroe Widow is my preference.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys -

I am not bitching so dont think this thread is about that. In fact, I had to laugh a little. I sent a note to Laurie and told her that many years ago I asked to be put on her waiting list. I am usually pretty good about writing down dates, but this one I hadn't.

I told her that I thought it had been 8-10 years ago, but wasn't sure. I explained that life and time passes and if you aren't careful they both pass very quickly. The last I had heard the wait was around 10 years or so, so I thought I might be getting near the top.

Laurie explained that they are working on the list and where they are at on the list January 2006. I was put on the list in June of 2006. She further explained that because of the Covid they are down to only half of their normal crew so my cue is probably about a year out.

So my brothers (and sisters), it has been 15 years. My question is if I die before I get this cue am I still on the list? LMAO

Best of rolls,

Ken

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
When did you get ON the List ??

And how long were you quoted when getting on the list ??

Quote mean nothing, I went on late 06, I am not even sure I can swing a Cue without some lucky scratchers.

Prices have gone up in 15 years, and build time from Order is unknown.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I had a newborn grand child, it might be worth ordering one. The kid might want to play pool by the time it's made. But then I'd have to leave money in my will to pay for it.
I wonder who will run the business when Laurie is retired? I can't believe she won't be done with it in the next 5 or six years.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I wonder who will run the business when Laurie is retired? I can't believe she won't be done with it in the next 5 or six years.

Maybe she will sell the business to someone who can carry on like she carries on.

I am sure this this could happen like when Pete Tescarella took over another Cuemakers operation.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe she will sell the business to someone who can carry on like she carries on.

I am sure this this could happen like when Pete Tescarella took over another Cuemakers operation.
I forget the name of her main guy there but, I don't think he's any spring chicken.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Built by Jerry?
Of course. I met him on 7-1-86 (I remember because it was my dads birthday) I got the cue $350 + $24(fedex) in early April 87.

I was good friends with Jerry until he passed. I need to call Laurie we haven’t spoke in too long. I used to go to the shop often when I lived in Vegas 91-2012.

Laurie didn’t change anything when Jerry passed. She stuck to his formula, didn’t hire a huge crew, didn’t increase production. I know the whole story-but not mine to tell. They are all wonderful people at SW, the cues are hood as when Jerry was there. The wait is getting longer and longer. I’m glad Laurie handled biz the way she did. Look at how many cue makers went for the cash grab and cues turned into trash. Not SW

Best
Fatboy

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the long wait list the business should have a nice value to it. Like 15 years of guaranteed business

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well Laurie has unique business until some one decides to reverser engineer he product.

Then there will be clones, and counterfeits on market
At that point unless you have money to spend, lots of money, your product will be compromised.

Gentleman I know just spent 2k getting Copy Kay product pulled from Amazon. He has no way to recover, but has fund for these fights.

Seller on eBay sell counterfeit S.S. Dupont ping lighter daily, one is removed, another one is offered.

Sure Dupont don’t like these Chinese knock offs, but there product is made there also.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Guys -

I am not bitching so dont think this thread is about that. In fact, I had to laugh a little. I sent a note to Laurie and told her that many years ago I asked to be put on her waiting list. I am usually pretty good about writing down dates, but this one I hadn't.

I told her that I thought it had been 8-10 years ago, but wasn't sure. I explained that life and time passes and if you aren't careful they both pass very quickly. The last I had heard the wait was around 10 years or so, so I thought I might be getting near the top.

Laurie explained that they are working on the list and where they are at on the list January 2006. I was put on the list in June of 2006. She further explained that because of the Covid they are down to only half of their normal crew so my cue is probably about a year out.

So my brothers (and sisters), it has been 15 years. My question is if I die before I get this cue am I still on the list? LMAO

Best of rolls,

Ken

You can have them bill me and send it to me if you die!
Have them write it down!

Wishing you the best! :)

After all wouldn't want someone truly appreciative of the cue to get it?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Does anyone know if Ken4_Fun is OK? He used to post here alot but hasn't been since April.