TAOM V10

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Anyone got some feedback on this new green stuff :p Im a sucker for my pyro. From what I heard thus far is it's more grippy and goes on hard tips better than pyro, and still is just as clean if not more.

libtrucker

I'm psyched. I have a piece coming. I found some guy on FB selling it.

Other than that the only place I could find it was on E-bay and the shipping made it too expensive

libtrucker

I play with a hard tip, and used to chalk with masters after every shot. The pool hall had red felt, and i would leave little blue explosions all over the table. Switched to Kamui, worked great but left shit all over the cue ball and lag ball, and made my hands disgusting.

I payed $20 for the V10, plus $5 for shipping (with some other stuff). So I'm not as big a snob as you think.

Funny, before I tried the Kamui, I always called the predator guys premadonnas, then i went out and spent $30 on a piece of Kamui :censored:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a hard tip, and used to chalk with masters after every shot. The pool hall had red felt, and i would leave little blue explosions all over the table. Switched to Kamui, worked great but left shit all over the cue ball and lag ball, and made my hands disgusting.

I payed $20 for the V10, plus $5 for shipping (with some other stuff). So I'm not as big a snob as you think.

Funny, before I tried the Kamui, I always called the predator guys premadonnas, then i went out and spent $30 on a piece of Kamui :censored:
I am merely basing this on what Taom V10 sells on ebay right now.
This just seems stupid but it’s not my money being spent on chalk.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No chalk is ever worth $40-50 per cube……..period.
Just read Dr. Alciatore’s extensive research on chalks.

if you regularly chalk after every shot or even every other
shot, all chalks are the same. Taom V10 is for pool snobs.
And Dr Dave also uses Taom... ;)
And Taom cost to13€ for us here. I bought my Taom Pyro 2020... So not so expensive if i use it about year..
And it saves money for me also because i don´t lose games by getting bad contacts.
I can see more and more pros use it. Some that are even sponsored by Kamui or other brands lol...

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And Dr Dave also uses Taom... ;)
And Taom cost to13€ for us here. I bought my Taom Pyro 2020... So not so expensive if i use it about year..
And it saves money for me also because i don´t lose games by getting bad contacts.
I can see more and more pros use it. Some that are even sponsored by Kamui or other brands lol...
I can understand that when you pay $10-15/hr. playing pool, the price of chalk seems inconsequential.
Heck, look at what some of us have spent on our pool cues so relatively speaking, chalk prices seem
diminutive in comparison. And if the chalk last a long time, any cost amortization makes it less costly.
But gotta say $45- 50 for a cube of chalk, when there are so many other choices, just seems ludicrous.

Nyquil

I am all for having nice equipment and buying once crying once etc. but I am with ya on this. I bought a brick of 144 cubes of sky blue masters that will likely out live me for like 25 bucks. Works great and matches the 860hr darn near perfect.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

An $80 piece of chalk will be better.
It has a bigger thumb to grip the cue ball with.
Combined with a $600 shaft and a $40 tip you may never miss a shot or shape again.

Hoogaar

Registered
I am all for having nice equipment and buying once crying once etc. but I am with ya on this. I bought a brick of 144 cubes of sky blue masters that will likely out live me for like 25 bucks. Works great and matches the 860hr darn near perfect.
I've recently switched to the Pyro and I can't tell you the difference it makes on my table. So much cleaner than any other chalk. In a pool hall, I don't really care because they pay people to clean the tables. But at home? I'll never have anything but. Unless they come out with this 10 in blue, then I'll try this one.

MurrayNevada

I'll try v10 too but until then I'm sticking with Taom Pyro. No mess and no miscues. Mess free on table, balls, hands and shafts. Some think it too expensive but it lasts a very long time. For a home table there is no cleaner chalk.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Actually, you do NOT want it to match your cloth color exactly. If there are chalk marks, or lot of chalk on your table, you want to know about it. Might be a reason they used blue chalk on green tables for DECADES. I'm not saying use black or red on blue, but certainly, matching it makes no sense to me.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stick with the same color……your table will look better as a result.
And don’t let people core their chalk and play on your table either.

Why let people make a needless mess on your cloth. Everyone that
plays should use the chalk you provide. Don’t like it, tell em to stay
home. You see someone twisting their chalk on their cue tips, you
tell em to knock it off or don’t play on your table. Same applies to
eating food and then not washing your hands before playing again.

Remember it is your house, your table and your rules or they don’t play.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stick with the same color……your table will look better as a result.
And don’t let people core their chalk and play on your table either.

Why let people make a needless mess on your cloth. Everyone that
plays should use the chalk you provide. Don’t like it, tell em to stay
home. You see someone twisting their chalk on their cue tips, you
tell em to knock it off or don’t play on your table. Same applies to
eating food and then not washing your hands before playing again.

Remember it is your house, your table and your rules or they don’t play.
I am more interested in how my table plays, than how it looks, so blue chalk (on green cloth) is best. Regardless of Dr. Dave’s chalk test results, I don’t believe pyro gives as good a grip on the CB as some others, and when playing out where your opponent is using stickier chalk, you might as well also. On my home table though, it is pyro ONLY!

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

my free chinese sneaky with a brass insert plays the same as any 5k custom with ivory, hits balls to the hole.
custom cues are for pool snobs