Advice, please.

DireMcCain

Registered
The market is fickle. Sometimes you don't wait long enough. Sometimes you wait too long. My plea for advice concerns Schon. I understand they are no longer.
So what would be your thoughts relative to selling a Schon now or waiting...? Would vintage collectible Schons be increasing in value or decreasing as time goes on? Since there won't be any more, it would seem existing Schons would become more valuable. Then again, not having a company to support the cues might be a liability. Opinions, please.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The market is fickle. Sometimes you don't wait long enough. Sometimes you wait too long. My plea for advice concerns Schon. I understand they are no longer.
So what would be your thoughts relative to selling a Schon now or waiting...? Would vintage collectible Schons be increasing in value or decreasing as time goes on? Since there won't be any more, it would seem existing Schons would become more valuable. Then again, not having a company to support the cues might be a liability. Opinions, please.
What Schon do you want to sell? Sharp point 80s cues have never been higher

DireMcCain

Registered
Fellow at the local billiard sales/repair place....said Schon was history...was he maybe referring to evan clark leaving?.

Last edited:

DireMcCain

Registered
What Schon do you want to sell? Sharp point 80s cues have never been higher
Don't want to break any forum rules. It's a 10-point Schon from 1993...Schon 13 on the shaft, unusual/atlas joint pin..etc...I have seen only one like it
in the past 10 years...

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Don't want to break any forum rules. It's a 10-point Schon from 1993...Schon 13 on the shaft, unusual/atlas joint pin..etc...I have seen only one like it
in the past 10 years...
The oddball joint cues sell alright. PM me photos if you want any guidance, there's also a huge Schon following on Facebook

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're still open. EC's been gone a long time. His replacement has even been re-placed.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just bought another new Schon SP no wrap, yesterday. Place I bought from gets new ones all the time. Was just at Schon's place a few months back, and they are pretty busy. When you go there you see alot of cues you never see for sale.

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
At this moment, nothing. My question is whether now would be a good time to sell or later, given that things at Schon have changed with Evan Clark having departed. The cue in question is 1993 10-pointer.
Of course it has changed, but he has been gone for a few years now. Schon prices have gone up in some circles, in others it hasn't.