Should other members be allowed to reply in sales posts?

Should other members be allowed to reply to a sales post?

• Total voters

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
It's a pretty simple question.
Should other members be allowed to reply to a sales posts?
Reply here with your reasoning as to why or why not.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I think so. It’s an internet forum, a place for talking to people with the same interests. The for sale section is a spot designated for discussion involving sales.

If someone is known to be shady, or if there are some kind of red flags in a post that newer members/players might not catch I would hope someone who did notice would say something. That’s on the more dramatic end of the spectrum.

People posting just to say “nice cue” is kind of annoying but I have absolutely done it myself when a cue was just so freaking sweet I felt like I had to say something. Both types of comments add to the whole of the sale though I think. It’s all information that can help someone decide.

If you’re worried about what kind of info people will put out about what you’re selling...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted yes but i don't really care either way. If the mod's don't want them then they need to police the rules. I don't think a simple "wow, nice cue" or similar statement is a big deal.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think all For Sale posts should have a brief description of the item AND the PRICE in the subject line.

For example:

Gus Szamboti Ebony 4-point with two shafts, 19oz, - $99,000

From that simple description, I know if I want to open the thread or not.

Last edited:

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I would rather see replies in the For Sale forum than see multiple threads on the same subject by the same member in the main forum, neither having anything to do with pool.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think all For Sale posts should have a brief description of the item AND the PRICE in the subject line.

For example:

Gus Szamboti Ebony 4-point with two shafts, 19oz, - $99,000

From that simple description, I know if I want to open the thread or not.
I agree - and if there is no price anywhere in the post I should get the cue shipped to me for free.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I voted no...as members commenting (usually shitting all over) people's ads is a real annoyance...I've removed public replies to classifieds listings on several forums I run just for this reason. If interested or have a question, contact the seller privately.

the usual:

1) you've got that priced too high
2) billybob is offering a cheaper/better one else where
3) I've got abcxyz I'll trade
4) this seller is a ripoff, he hurt my feelings in another discussion

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I voted no...as members commenting (usually shitting all over) people's ads is a real annoyance...I've removed public replies to classifieds listings on several forums I run just for this reason. If interested or have a question, contact the seller privately.

the usual:

I have not seen too many of the type of comments you listed on here.

If the guy ripped someone off on another sale, I would like to know that.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the usual:

Don't see that stuff here. Maybe on other sales forums.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My only gripe with stuff For Sale is crappy, tiny pictures, that give potential buyers no idea what is being sold.

Take you stuff outside in over cast day? Or cloudy day when light is right. Shoot lots of photos, enhance, edit to show off what your selling.

Not rocket science? Just take longer than 15 seconds, wam, bam, thank you mam.🤬🤣

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I have not seen too many of the type of comments you listed on here.

If the guy ripped someone off on another sale, I would like to know that.
Don't see that stuff here. Maybe on other sales forums.
I don't follow the classifieds here....but automotive forums apparently are completely different animals.... We know who the rip-off artists are real quick....but the rest is common thread-wrecking banter.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
There are some not so good deals. Most of the folks looking know that. And if there is scammer that gets posted. The community is pretty good that way. Feedback is king.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Until people start listing price, specs, and location then the answer is yes.

Half the damn people listing cues on the internet can't even weigh the cue, tell you if it is straight, or measure the shaft(s) dia. And with the amount of scams in billiard items not allowing posts just helps people get screwed as well.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd guess that sellers mainly get annoyed at commenting because it pushes other listings in front of theirs. Maybe there could be a special privilege given to members who pay a fee. Their ad could stay on top regardless of comments.