Who will be Europe's 5th Mosconi player

geoff_182

So now Europe has Ouschan, Alcaide, Shaw and Filler. Who will be number 5?
Plenty of good options... Kaci, Kazakis, Sanchez Ruiz, Feijen, He, one of the Polish guys... so much talent in Europe.

Europe could create a second team of 5 players that would still be a favorite over the Americans. Which got me thinking, what if no European player could play in consecutive years? That might slightly even the playing field, and also give more guys a chance that deserve to be there, and they would still have a killer team. Even if this isn't an official rule, maybe the captain should use his picks to give new players a shot.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’ll be Gorst or Kaci more than likely. Won’t make a difference in how big of a favorite the European team will be.
It is interesting that they are announcing European players back to back. Seems like they usually alternate announcing one from each team.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe already has the most recent World 9 Ball champion in Ouschan, they should add the second most recent in Gorst.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The better question is who will be USA's team? Not so many good choices here. Now if we could only nationalize some of these filipinos who are winning all our tournaments!

terpdad

Registered
I would take Kaci, Kazakis, Gorst and Feijen over Alcaide. There's a chance the Euro coaches & captains know better than me, though:LOL:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Makes one wonder what happened to pro pool in the USA. As recently as 15-20 years ago we were the dominant force in world pool, with most of the top players coming from our shores, with a handful of Filipinos and Euros mixed in. Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago? :oops:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes one wonder what happened to pro pool in the USA. As recently as 15-20 years ago we were the dominant force in world pool, with most of the top players coming from our shores, with a handful of Filipinos and Euros mixed in. Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago? :oops:
Over there they treat pool like a sport and train accordingly. Over here we gamble and play on bar-boxes. I live in an area(Ok,Ks,Tx,Mo) that used to be a hotbed of pool. Now its hanging on by a fingernail. Almost all play is league and/or bar table . Virtually ZERO big-table. Pretty sad. What's worse is the near total lack of players under 18. Europe(and Asia of course) is SO far ahead its a joke.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Ethics and upbringing.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorst because he would be the first Russian. He because he deserves it and he would make a great doubles team with Ouschan.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot