J. Shaw's wife...................

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's upsetting to see this conversation break down like this. There are many people, including myself, who still come to AzBilliards to try and get the latest information in a concise fashion (Facebook threads can be hard to follow sometimes).

Many of us know the Shaws and I'm sure everyone here is very concerned with what happened. I think it's prudent we don't rush to conclusions but the timing of this incident is terribly suspicious. I sincerely hope this is just a coincidence. Either way, I hope we can all take a moment to send our best wishes and, if this was malicious, hope that justice is served swiftly.

Rusty in Montana

I don't have a dog in this fight however if someone did slip a " Mickey " in her drink to win a pool game no matter what the prize money amount was is just wrong and if it did happen the person or persons who instigated this act deserve some jail time or at least a butt kicking !

May her recovery be swift and complete .

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Keith McCready just told me that there was an unnamed well-known action player competing against another player in Vegas a while back. The well-known action player used to have something that would knockout somebody if you put it in their drink, and he'd use it when he was betting big money. He spiked a drink of this guy he was playing, and the guy almost died. He started getting real dizzy, tried to sit down on a bar stool, and fell on the floor. Paramedics came, and he went to the hospital.

It is my understanding this challenge match happened in Oklahoma City. I'd be checking out who had big money bet in this match-up with Shaw and Orcollo. Follow the money. Somebody knows something.
I was there all three days. The room owner is a straight shooter and is on top of investigating this. I have not talked to him since Sunday but I can tell you that Jayson's wife was not taken to the hospital on Sunday morning when the room was closing. I don't know what type of drug test she was given or by whom on the Monday following the match.

I will say this publicly. All of these matches where it is "advertised/insinuated" that there are hundreds of thousands bet on the side and matches where the promoters are booking bets with games spreads creates motivation for such things to happen. I can say that SOME matches by SOME promoters are not trusted to be on the level even before the first ball is struck. That's the sentiment on the ground by the fans. And obviously no promoter has to involved for people to bet on something and for some of those people to then have incentive to try and jar the person they are betting against. This type of stuff, even when accusations without rock solid proof are made, is a drag on our sport.

I will say that I am confident that no one I know in Oklahoma who regularly bets on pool would ever do such a thing.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there all three days. The room owner is a straight shooter and is on top of investigating this. I have not talked to him since Sunday but I can tell you that Jayson's wife was not taken to the hospital on Sunday morning when the room was closing. I don't know what type of drug test she was given or by whom on the Monday following the match.

I will say this publicly. All of these matches where it is "advertised/insinuated" that there are hundreds of thousands bet on the side and matches where the promoters are booking bets with games spreads creates motivation for such things to happen. I can say that SOME matches by SOME promoters are not trusted to be on the level even before the first ball is struck. That's the sentiment on the ground by the fans. And obviously no promoter has to involved for people to bet on something and for some of those people to then have incentive to try and jar the person they are betting against. This type of stuff, even when accusations without rock solid proof are made, is a drag on our sport.

I will say that I am confident that no one I know in Oklahoma who regularly bets on pool would ever do such a thing.
I believe you 100 percent because I know you shoot from the hip and tell the truth. As you can see, this thread erupted into conspiracy theories on how the incident happened. Some of the theories shared in this thread were, of course, far-fetched and unbelievable, yet they were posted as if they were, indeed, a possibility, yet there is no rhyme or reason to them. It's the same old song here. Members hide behind their AzBilliards identity and nobody knows who the f*** they are, and they like it like that. That way, they can post whatever they want and never be held accountable for their lunacy.

I was waiting for someone to say that without proof, it could have been a UFO that hovered over Oklahoma City and sent a pharmaceutical to Ara Shaw's drink with an invisible beam that nobody could detect, not even video cameras.

I have lost respect for some AzB members that I used to hold in high regard, thanks to this thread. Lesson learned.

Thanks for bringing some truth and fact to the thread, John.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As far as I know Mrs. Shaw was never taken to the hospital. She was attended to be the medics who did take her outside on a stretcher. From there as I understand it she was either treated in the ambulance or in the car and released at some point. By the time I left the room they were gone. I do not think that she was administered a toxicology test in a clinical setting nor do I think that the test was done on Sunday, the last day of the match.

So far nothing on video indicates that the shots she drank were handled by anyone other than the wait staff. I do not know about any other drinks or food that were consumed. My friend who was sitting in the VIP seats I bought about ten feet from the table that Jayson was at says that she rarely moved from that spot. Where it was was NOT easily accessible to the general public without everyone watching seeing the activity. That said, a person with motive will certainly be looking to exploit all opportunities especially the non-obvious ones.

If I find out more from the owner I will report it.

No matter whether she was drugged or not the incident was truly scary and the ambulance taking an hour to get there is unconscionable in my opinion. Jayson was truly distracted and seemed listless on Sunday. Unbelievably his distracted game was still world class as he ran many tough racks but it was clear to the entire room that the player who fought so hard on the first two days was barely there on the last day. World class is not Elite World Class and it showed. Jayson on the first two days was elite world class, with ebbs and flows on both sides. Both players put up packages and had streaks of unforced errors.

Having to deal with your wife passing out and getting a concussion and having a space of time where she was not breathing, not getting to sleep until 7am on the morning of the last day of the match which started at 3pm........I don't know that I would have expected Jayson to play at all and the fact that he showed up showed a tremendous amount of heart. Dennis was literally freewheeling after he got to 100 in a race to 120.

Mrs. Shaw was right there at his side the first two days and my friend reported that one time Jayson went outside for air and Dennis broke dry and she went to get him and said, "Dry Break! Get in there and get it!" So for me her not being there and him being worried about what happened and not having your rock and biggest supporter by your side had to be a huge psychological negative.

I sincerely hope that she was not drugged but if she was then I am positive that none of the employees were involved in that. I am of the opinion that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that she was drugged or that Jayson was the intended target if she was. I would consider it attempted murder to introduce any prescription medication into a person's body against their will. Simply because the perpetrator would have no idea how the target would react physically.

I really just want the readers to know that the crowd here in Oklahoma regularly bets high amongst themselves and in the past seven years since I have lived here I have never heard of a single instance of anyone getting jarred at the pool rooms in the metro area or anywhere else in Oklahoma. If it happened then I reiterate that I believe it was much more likely someone from out of town who had a big interest in Jayson not beating the spread.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not believe anybody in that pool room bar was trying to drug Ara Shaw and take advantage of her. Come on, man!

Why is it that people in this thread are trying to come up with other reasons that this happened when it is quite obvious this crime was an attempt to shark Jayson Shaw into losing? Nobody was trying to pick up his wife. His wife is not a closet drug addict with needle marks. The fact is Ara Shaw was drugged. How and by who and when is the mystery.
JAM, Howdy;

When I mentioned the nurses and Doctors should have examined her for needle marks I was not implying, as you have misconstrued it,
that she was a " closet drug addict " my mind did not wander in that direction at all. I was referring to the practice of "Needle Spiking"
which is gaining traction in the UK and spreading to other countries. Please read the article attached;

Thank you and it's not everyone that points in that direction, ...

Sincerely;

hank

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've read through this thread and the only conclusion I can come up is that Ara fainted and hit her head for reasons unknown. Everything else is pure speculation at this point in time. Simply put - We don't know why this happened!

Being Hypoglycemic myself I know how weak I can get very quickly if I'm not careful about my food intake. If Ara sat there for hours on end, not eating anything, I have no doubt she could have been very weak when she stood up. To then fall would also not surprise me. And when you pass out and fall abruptly it is entirely possible you will hit your head on a hard surface. The answer to this riddle could be as simple as that, or not.

bmeek

Registered
I've read through this thread and the only conclusion I can come up is that Ara fainted and hit her head for reasons unknown. Everything else is pure speculation at this point in time. Simply put - We don't know why this happened!

Being Hypoglycemic myself I know how weak I can get very quickly if I'm not careful about my food intake. If Ara sat there for hours on end, not eating anything, I have no doubt she could have been very weak when she stood up. To then fall would also not surprise me. And when you pass out and fall abruptly it is entirely possible you will hit your head on a hard surface. The answer to this riddle could be as simple as that, or not.
Stop trying to spread rational sounding conspiracy theories, the mob genie has been let out of the bottle. The only useful information to come out of this thread is that Chicagoplayer is very easy on the eyes.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM, Howdy;

When I mentioned the nurses and Doctors should have examined her for needle marks I was not implying, as you have misconstrued it,
that she was a " closet drug addict " my mind did not wander in that direction at all. I was referring to the practice of "Needle Spiking"
which is gaining traction in the UK and spreading to other countries. Please read the article attached;

Thank you and it's not everyone that points in that direction, ...

Sincerely;

hank
Thanks, Hank, for the clarification, and I appreciate the link.

One post in this thread said Ara Shaw could be taking meds without her husband's knowledge or words to that effect and that the mixture of those meds and alcohol could have caused the fall. I don't buy that theory either, but for some reason, some folk don't like it when people mention she could have been drugged by an unknown entity at the pool room, yet it's okay for them to mention their conspiracy theories.

There is obviously a contingency in this thread defending the pool room owner ad nauseum, but I have not read one word, at least in this thread, where anybody is casting blame on the pool room owner. Not sure why the pool room needs defending to the degree that people are bickering about it. I don't think it's liable or should be blamed.

Best regards to you! :)

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
does anyone know why jason's wife fainted?
Nobody knows at the time of this writing, and if anyone suggests their opinion, they could be slammed by the trolls and banned members posting in this thread.

There is one school of thought that she might have a medical condition that weakened her so much that she fainted. There is another school of thought that a "mickey" was put in her drink, maybe as a target for Jayson instead of her or maybe some secret admirer hoping to spend time with her. The theories are running rampant.

The only thing for sure is that she is in the hospital with a cracked skull. She still remains in Oklahoma City hospital. The ambulance did not show up for an hour after she fell and was unconscious and did not take her to the hospital and instead took her to their hotel room. She later went to the hospital because her condition worsened. That's what the facts are at the time of this post.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As of 8 hours ago, according to Scott Frost. He spoke to Jayson at the hospital on the phone.

ee.JPG

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
FIrst thing I want to do is wish Ara well. Head injuries can cause problems for a long time to come and not a lot to be done. Hopefully not the case here! They can also be minor and forgotten in a few days or weeks. Fingers crossed that the worst is passed.

Just to get it out of the way, very possible she was drugged. I don't use the thinnest insulin needles but even so most mornings I don't feel the shot. A bump or somebody seeming to brush by a little clumsily could easily give an injection. There are needles that use a bulb that are easily hidden in the palm of a person's hand. I think it is a mistake when pursuing this avenue to focus on large bettors alone. It has been my experience that dirt bags with fairly small bets won't hesitate to try to influence a match. While it is technically possible, my guess is that no malicious drugging was involved however, just acknowledging it is possible.

I suspect it has already happened with Mrs Shaw in the hospital but an extensive lab work up may turn up an unknown health issue. Then again we can all get a short term imbalance in our bodies that disappears allowing us to pass all common lab tests. I think the probabilities are greatest that alcohol compounded another problem. The OTC drug test's accuracy seems to be suspect so while I am not ignoring it, I am not giving it the weight I would a test in a medical lab, particular with specimens obtained at the optimum time.

Scary times especially when no pulse could be detected. All I have put forward here are speculations however I hope these words help calm the waters.

Nobody knows at the time of this writing, and if anyone suggests their opinion, they could be slammed by the trolls and banned members posting in this thread.

There is one school of thought that she might have a medical condition that weakened her so much that she fainted. There is another school of thought that a "mickey" was put in her drink, maybe as a target for Jayson instead of her or maybe some secret admirer hoping to spend time with her. The theories are running rampant.

The only thing for sure is that she is in the hospital with a cracked skull. She still remains in Oklahoma City hospital. The ambulance did not show up for an hour after she fell and was unconscious and did not take her to the hospital and instead took her to their hotel room. She later went to the hospital because her condition worsened. That's what the facts are at the time of this post.

Jennie, my "like" wasn't for the news but for getting some information from someone in a position to get real information. As always, your information as well as any from Keith is much appreciated! Just a gut feeling rather than knowledge but I think a medical angle will come into play. My experience has been that most pool players and bettors are great people. At random, I would rather trust somebody in a bar than in a church too.

Hoping Mrs Shaw is much improved this morning,
Hu

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As of 5 hours ago, Jayson posted this in an effort to squash drink spiking rumors because of the effect it would have on the pool room owner. Being a pool room owner himself with his wife, Jayson empathizes with the pool room owner's stance in this, though I can't imagine why anybody would cast blame on the pool room owner. Poor Jayson and Ara Shaw. Breaks my heart.

Capture.JPG

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

thanks for the reply Jam
i pray for a speedy and complete recovery for her...🙏🙏

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
As of 5 hours ago, Jayson posted this in an effort to squash drink spiking rumors because of the effect it would have on the pool room owner. Being a pool room owner himself with his wife, Jayson empathizes with the pool room owner's stance in this, though I can't imagine why anybody would cast blame on the pool room owner. Poor Jayson and Ara Shaw. Breaks my heart.

View attachment 617484

The news about his wife isn't what I wanted to read! Pure hell to be that concerned about someone you love and be fairly helpless to do anything about it. My wife ran a fever high enough to cause brain damage, even kill you, and there was very little I could do. We were already all in with medicines we had, couldn't risk OD'ing her on top of everything else. Just a fast moving infection but as we are seeing now, those can be deadly!

This is a tough thread to read and I ignored it for days. All I can do is cross my fingers. In a contradiction, I have seen prayer circles be almost unbelievably effective. Just a bunch of hunters praying but it worked three times in that many weeks when the odds predicted other outcomes! Those aware of such things might give them a try.

Hu

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The news about his wife isn't what I wanted to read! Pure hell to be that concerned about someone you love and be fairly helpless to do anything about it. My wife ran a fever high enough to cause brain damage, even kill you, and there was very little I could do. We were already all in with medicines we had, couldn't risk OD'ing her on top of everything else. Just a fast moving infection but as we are seeing now, those can be deadly!

This is a tough thread to read and I ignored it for days. All I can do is cross my fingers. In a contradiction, I have seen prayer circles be almost unbelievably effective. Just a bunch of hunters praying but it worked three times in that many weeks when the odds predicted other outcomes! Those aware of such things might give them a try.

Hu
Ara Shaw's condition is much more serious than I had originally thought. I hope Jayson has support nearby. I cannot imagine going through this alone, away from their children, in another State. Poor guy.

I also pray they have good medical insurance. The cost of a medical stay of this kind will be horrendous. Of course, money is not the imperative at this juncture. It's her coming out of the danger zone and healing 100 percent, so they can leave and return to their children and Home Sweet Home.