Who makes conical tapered shafts

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
I recommend asking in the ask the cue maker section on the forum as well, Mezz wx900 is the closest to your mm specs but is still 12mm, I'm unsure if they offer uni-loc quick release though.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Hi

I'm looking for a uniloc, 12.5+ mm conical taper shaft. Anyone makes them? Seems like all have pro taper
As others have said, if you are looking for a wood shaft most experienced custom cue makers should be able to build one. One person I am positive has the set up for it and has made lots of them is Jacoby Cues. It appears they now make the Schuler Cues cue line, and the conical taper (sometimes called a "constant taper") has been one of the Schuler shaft taper options for decades and Jacoby is still doing that taper for them today so they do a lot of conical tapers in the Jacoby shop. You should be able to call Jacoby toll free at 800-461-6066 to get a quote on one with a uniloc joint and at 12.5 mm. Make sure you also tell them (or whoever you end up having make the shaft) what your joint diameter is, or at least who made your cue butt if you don't know it and don't have the calipers to accurately measure it, so Jacoby can build the joint end of the shaft to the correct diameter as well.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator makes Revo's in what they call 'modified conical' in both low-deflect. and reg. deflect. Reg. Deflect. is in their Carom section.

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
One person I am positive has the set up for it and has made lots of them is Jacoby Cues. It appears they now make the Schuler Cues cue line, and the conical taper (sometimes called a "constant taper") has been one of the Schuler shaft taper options for decades and Jacoby is still doing that taper for them today so they do a lot of conical tapers in the Jacoby shop. You should be able to call Jacoby toll free at 800-461-6066 to get a quote on one with a uniloc joint and at 12.5 mm. Make sure you also tell them (or whoever you end up having make the shaft) what your joint diameter is, or at least who made your cue butt if you don't know it and don't have the calipers to accurately measure it, so Jacoby can build the joint end of the shaft to the correct diameter as well.

I asked one of the guys who works at Jacoby Custom Cues and he said they do make conical shafts.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Z is the closest to true conical i would use. I've hit balls with a true conical and i hated it. Jacoby makes the current Schuler line and they have some conical/modified conical tapers they can make for cues other than Schuler.

I'm partial to conical tapers myself, so anything in that vein I'm at least interested in
how it works out for an individual player tho I think depends on several factors..size is one
the z is 11.85, and I definitely agree that smaller tip diameters are more universal, as conical tapers rise more quickly
snooker and c8b cues come to mind that way..coincidentally(?), snooker players use open bridges, better for conical I think, etc.