Could a B player run 100 balls on the world record table?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Possible. Could a B player win one game of 9 ball in a race to 7 vs Shaw? Possible.

He ran 700. 7 X 100.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I find it humorous how players will boast about their high run. After you set the height of the bar,
how often do you again come close to clearing it? I think that’s important because if you cannot
repeat your performance or consistently at least approach matching it again, you really are using
a false yardstick. I once….and it was only once, shot 80 on a tough golf course in Monterey, CA.
And I 3 putted the next to last hole (#17) too. I could have broken 80 for the first time but nonetheless,
it was the lowest score I ever achieved. And despite years and years of continued play, I never came
that close again. My lowest handicap index was a 12-13 and often a little higher. But my best score
says I was a better player but it was one time score only and I never came close again to breaking 80.

What’s my point? When people talk about their high run, it might have been an extraordinary feat for
them never to be duplicated. Instead of your 1x high run, we should talk about what your average is
for consecutively pocketed balls. All these B players that think they can run a 100 balls is either a player
that sandbags to get a lower rating or they are delusional. They couldn’t run a 100 balls without missing
even scattering 15 balls on the table, running all 15 and repeating that same routine sans any break shot
seven times consecutively. Just toss balls on the table and run a 100 balls. If anyone comes even close,
imagine the added difficulty of doing that having to rely on 7 break shots…..B players can’t run a 100 balls.

Nuf Ced!
Totally agree.... When I managed to across the 100 ball milestone a second time I felt a higher sense of complishment. That said, my average would probably hover closer to 30.

I still don't know what a B player actually is. The letter system has so many random increments it's hard to stay on top of.

What I do know is. I know a fair amount of players between the 650-700 fargo gap that would have a hard time reaching 100 without dedicated effort.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I consider myself an “A” player by whatever metric you want to use. I love 8-ball more than 9/10-ball, but probably play more 9/10-ball because that’s what others play.
Straight pool takes a lot more than just being able to run balls. Any balls tied up, or on the rail, or inside the rack area are problems that will keep a “B” player from getting to 100. I’ve never hit 70 (I don’t play it much) for those reasons. Even with big pockets, the intricacies will catch up to them within 14 racks. Once they manage to be able to do it, I’d say they’ve graduated to an “A” player.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a table set up with 6" corners, 6.5" side pockets, and whatever cushion angle and shelf depth you want, I doubt anyone on here will get close to 714. How about 7" corners and 8" sides, shelf and angles to your design, how many will hit 714 then? lol

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Find a table like it. Stream it live. Need proof you are a B player. I'll bet you the first $100 you don't do it.

Everyone that says this thinks it's just making balls...
I've never in my life seen a table with pockets that big....bring me a table with pockets that big and ill do it.

dendweller

With a table set up with 6" corners, 6.5" side pockets, and whatever cushion angle and shelf depth you want, I doubt anyone on here will get close to 714. How about 7" corners and 8" sides, shelf and angles to your design, how many will hit 714 then? lol
I have a habit of hitting into a pack to break them up and getting the cb stuck on an object ball. Doesn't matter how big the pocket is, I'm done.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a big difference in difficulty when the balls are scattered by hand vs breaking them.
I don’t care how you set it up……let them set up a break shot for the 14.1 rack every time.
You seem to be singing a different tune. 15 balls scattered is much easier than a 14.1 rack.

The clusters aren’t there and you get to trim the table developing an easier map to run out.
I can run 15 balls scattered on a table twice, even three times in a row but my high 14.1 run
Is 38. I’ve run two racks lots but that 3rd rack just seems to escape me. I usually blow a key
shot setting up shape for the next object ball. Scattered balls on a table can be easily run out.

Having the consistency to run the table, especially as we originally started, in 14.1 format for a
B player is just a ludicrous notion. Why? if you can do that, you are not a B rated player….Nuf Ced!

pw98

Registered
I don’t care how you set it up……let them set up a break shot for the 14.1 rack every time.
You seem to be singing a different tune. 15 balls scattered is much easier than a 14.1 rack.

The clusters aren’t there and you get to trim the table developing an easier map to run out.
I can run 15 balls scattered on a table twice, even three times in a row but my high 14.1 run
Is 38. I’ve run two racks lots but that 3rd rack just seems to escape me. I usually blow a key
shot setting up shape for the next object ball. Scattered balls on a table can be easily run out.

Having the consistency to run the table, especially as we originally started, in 14.1 format for a
B player is just a ludicrous notion. Why? if you can do that, you are not a B rated player….Nuf Ced!
Uhh, I was replying to a guy who said a B+ can't even do it with the balls scattered by hand. It is pretty much established that they can. The question was about straight pool.

tomatoshooter

Come to cleveland ohio and try to make a high run at a pool room and tell me about proper equipment....we play on garbage and we can still play.
Pocket size is debatable but would you expect someone hosting a high run event to have poor equipment? There's a reason why Mosconi bought his own balls.

pw98

Registered
Pocket size is debatable but would you expect someone hosting a high run event to have poor equipment? There's a reason why Mosconi bought his own balls.
Having the event in zero humidity vegas and using a template rack is more than just having good balls, good cloth and easy pockets.

tomatoshooter

Having the event in zero humidity vegas and using a template rack is more than just having good balls, good cloth and easy pockets.
Where did you see Vegas? Street Light is in Virginia. I haven't come across anything that says this was remote.