2022 World Snooker Championship (Apr 16th - May 2nd)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I thought Robertson would win the decider. He played so good today and has the momentum. I’d have bet on him in the last frame & laid a small price 6/5 favorite.

That 147 was so good!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I thought Robertson would win the decider. He played so good today and has the momentum. I’d have bet on him in the last frame & laid a small price 6/5 favorite.

That 147 was so good!
Amazing match. Lisowski had every excuse in the world to just fold but he played some amazing snooker to win. His safety game is not at the very elite level but he made some incredible pots and never gave up. Bravo for him

telinoz

Registered
So happy for Jack, this is big moment for him.
Looks like the chats with Peter Ebdon are paying off, keeping concentration and self belief.

Shame to see Robbo go out again, fellow Aussie, but he will be back again.
The thing now with 1 World title, the monkey on his back to win a 2nd one to be seen as a true great is turning into a gorilla.

telinoz

Registered
What a line up of matches now for Quarter finals...

Screenshot_20220426-074415_Chrome.jpg

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So happy for Jack, this is big moment for him.
Looks like the chats with Peter Ebdon are paying off, keeping concentration and self belief.

Shame to see Robbo go out again, fellow Aussie, but he will be back again.
The thing now with 1 World title, the monkey on his back to win a 2nd one to be seen as a true great is turning into a gorilla.
Very well said. I agree 1000%

He’ll be back, he’s got plenty of time. And heart. That 147 was wonderful. Imagine doing that there, nothing better except winning the championship. That IMO is 2nd prize. A maximum at the crucible theatre. How would that feel to do?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very well said. I agree 1000%

He’ll be back, he’s got plenty of time. And heart. That 147 was wonderful. Imagine doing that there, nothing better except winning the championship. That IMO is 2nd prize. A maximum at the crucible theatre. How would that feel to do?

No idea. Getting a 147 seems completely unobtainable and impossible to me. Back when I could play I had a 108 but it had a good bit of fortune and some pots I'd make like 1 in 10 but I was excited about it for a month. 147 requires almost perfect snooker in front of a rabid knowledgeable crowd and ridiculous pressure it's sort of mind boggling. And he had a 151 total score which makes it even more unique. The QF are an amazing lineup. Snooker is so much more exciting than pool, they are not even in the same world.

CanadianGuy

Robertson's opening pot of the final frame was incredible, his opponent has massive heart

Mcgill is a pitbull but if I'm not mistaken has been crushed by Trump in the past, I think he's like 1-9 against him, Trump not with his A game today

hoping for a Trump / Ronnie final

telinoz

Registered
Robertson's opening pot of the final frame was incredible, his opponent has massive heart

Mcgill is a pitbull but if I'm not mistaken has been crushed by Trump in the past, I think he's like 1-9 against him, Trump not with his A game today

hoping for a Trump / Ronnie final
Ronnie vs Judd final would be epic...

telinoz

Registered
It would be, but maybe not the final you want if you're rooting for Ronnie. Out of everyone left, his win % is the lowest vs Judd, at 48%.
This is true.
Judd has had a bit of an off season so it might be a bit more even, and Ronnie is massively on form in this tournament so far.

I am hoping for Ronnie's 7th title, not lying about that! Ha ha!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
selby got selbyed. ran into another grinder, and a clutch player at that. hats off to the kid.

williams is the polar opposite of selby, all offense. will bingtao try to grind him down or step up his scoring game?
For those who have nothing else to do for an hour and a half, here is the longest frame between Selby and Yan.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who have nothing else to do for an hour and a half, here is the longest frame between Selby and Yan. ...
Fortunately, the video can be sped up with the controller in the upper left of the picture.

The frame is said to be 85 minutes and 22 sec., but it is over 87 minutes on the YouTube video. What accounts for that?

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's funny when you see pool players walking to their match. Case in hand with separate cues for breaking/playing, a jump cue, multiple shafts and other assorted tools.

Then there's the snooker player, with just their cue and an extension.