2022 World Snooker Championship (Apr 16th - May 2nd)

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
One of the key moments in that 16th frame was when O'Sullivan fouled by fluking a red when he potted an "on" blue. I take it this is an example of the foul called "causing a ball not on to be pocketed."

Does anyone here know the logic of applying this rule when the ball "on" is also pocketed? And bear in mind that this is a game in which flukes are usually counted and in which potting two balls on the same stroke is legal in certain other circumstances.
All balls 'on' are potable in any stroke. That's why you can pot any number of reds when reds are 'on' and score them all, and why you can pot both the nominated (free) ball and the snookered ball 'on' in a stroke, as they are both 'on'. Potting any ball that is not 'on' in a stroke is always a foul. It's pretty simple.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark Williams benched, and Judd Trump has pressure on every single shot from here.

888.png

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OMG! I can't believe it. Judd Trump overcuts a ball and leaves the red hanging in the corner. Mark to the table with a chance to steal.
overcut.png

Attachments

• overcut.png
    overcut.png
    678.1 KB · Views: 33

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
It seems to me to be the opposite of what you say. It allows luck to play more of a role in things than it should. See the shot at 2:45 below for just one example. That wasn't lack of skill on Ronnie's part, that was just sheer bad luck.
No it was lack of foresight. The first thing I was ever taught was "They only go where you hit them". You might not know why or how you hit them there, but that's not bad luck. The laws of physics hold true in any venue.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that pocket just bit Trump

I’ve seen more balls bobbled in that pocket. It’s no good. I said it yesterday in this thread. They need to have the fitters look into it. Something isn’t correct

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s then2nd cross corner Trump hit today. Maybe he should take up bank pool j/k

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well that pocket just bit Trump

I’ve seen more balls bobbled in that pocket. It’s no good. I said it yesterday in this thread. They need to have the fitters look into it. Something isn’t correct
I don't think there is any real controversy about any of the pockets at this point anymore.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there is any real controversy about any of the pockets at this point anymore.
I realize there’s no official complaint. I’ve just noticed that pocket isn’t taking balls very well. I noticed it since they went to one table

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder of Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins are sweating this decider match. They're up next in less than 30 minutes.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 3 balls left on the table. Mark Williams needs 3 snookers to stay in it.

8888.png

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Great win for Trump, and a tough loss for Williams after it looked like the momentum was on his side earlier in the day. I hope the final is as exciting as this semifinal was.