Seybert shipping....buyer beware

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Changing the UPS destination address has a significant cost
Didn't used to. I never use them anymore so i wouldn't know. Only cue i ever got broken was by these morons. Never had an issue with USPS. ever. My luck the cue will suck and i'll be selling it in a week. ;)

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After you place your order, the timeliness of one’s decision to revise the shipping destination is important.
Same day changes within a few hours of purchasing but still hours before end of the day closing should
work okay. But once you go into the next business day, your order is now processed and moving. The
item might have already been picked up or dropped off by the shipper. Once they change the flow, it only
complicates the delivery process and if anything goes awry, the shipper is who’ll get blamed by the buyer.
There’s nothing but possible headaches, cost & risk for the seller whereas the buyer thinks this is like changing
the address for a meal they just placed on Grubhub. It looks simpler than it actually is which is why it’s not done.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After you place your order, the timeliness of one’s decision to revise the shipping destination is important.
Same day changes within a few hours of purchasing but still hours before end of the day closing should
work okay. But once you go into the next business day, your order is now processed and moving. The
item might have already been picked up or dropped off by the shipper. Once they change the flow, it only
complicates the delivery process and if anything goes awry, the shipper is who’ll get blamed by the buyer.
There’s nothing but possible headaches and risk to the seller whereas the buyer thinks this is like changing
the address for a meal they just placed on Grubhub. It looks simpler than it actually is which is why it’s not done.
UPS told me that Seyberts made the call. Item was still in Illinois when i tried to change it. Is what it is. Just have to watch some pool, have a bourbon(or three) and a few gars tomorrow while i wait. ;)

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to heat this. Seyberts is my go-to...has been for a long stretch. Really sorry to hear what happened.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Affirm is a finance company, did you finance the stick through Seyberts? If so then Affirm has rules in place for returns.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There’s nothing but possible headaches, cost & risk for the seller whereas the buyer thinks this is like changing
If you compare tracking between seller and shipper, one or the other can be an itinerary rather than actual progress. I chalk this up to theft protection. Never tried to change delivery instructions though.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered a cue from them. Its coming via UPS. I wanted to change delivery location to a UPSStore up the street so i don't have to waste a fkng day sitting around. Seyberts said they can't do that and the only other place they could send it(free) is to the main UPS hub which is a long way from my apt. To have it dropped at the local store is an extra 20bux. It gets better. To send it back i'd pay ship/insurance which is ok but then because i got free shipping they would deduct what they were out for shipping from any refund. Also, because i used Affirm to buy it i'd pay a 15% re-stock fee. I'll just keep it and sell it if i don't like it. Last time i deal with these guys.
Two guys locally have had bad experiences also.
I don't know the details but I know these 2 guys.
I'll not give Seyberts a chance to make me mad!

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I ran into some surprising expenses many years ago. The deal was that the local UPS store was a franchise store instead of belonging to UPS. Several things were substantially higher if I went through the franchise store than if I dealt directly with UPS.

You know that free shipping isn't free, the shipper is paying and it is in the price of what you are buying. When you think about it, there is no reason for shipping not to be charged back to you if the only reason for not purchasing was that you changed your mind. Likewise free or low cost financing, somebody is footing the bill. When you go as far as you did on a purchase and then change your mind all the processing fees fall on you. The loan may have gone through and Seyberts been billed for all of the processing and a few days interest.

If you look at it from the seller's standpoint it mostly makes sense and might all make sense. Profit margins have gotten razor thin and losses are being charged back to customers more and more. Simple reality, a business has to make a profit to survive. Is it fairer for you to pay for changes you decided to make or all the rest of Seyberts' other customers have to pay?

People used to come into my business on a pretty much daily basis wanting to trade things for my used auto parts. I told them I would trade, but I wouldn't trade even! In the mid-eighties my overhead was between fifteen and twenty thousand dollars a month. Trading even was just like selling at cost. If I did either one I wouldn't be able to keep the doors open three months. Too, they were wanting to trade something they didn't want for something they did. Most of the time what they wanted to trade was going to sit on the shelf for months or years, I might toss it for scrap.

You are annoyed. When you cool off and look at things fairly I think you will realize that there is no reason for other people to take a loss because you changed your mind. If the cue arrived defective or damaged and they couldn't promptly replace it then you could expect them to eat some loss. However, they are going to keep making their margin so the costs of eating the losses has to be passed on to other customers along with all the other costs of doing business.

Best I recall you had a storefront business so you are well aware that nothing that you described as free really was. "Free" stuff just goes into the overhead. Net is pretty fixed when the margins are thin so other customers pay for any freebies anyone gets or like original shipping, the freebie is built in the price of the item.

Hu

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
For no cost to me, I have requested all packages thru UPS or FEDEX be held at their local shipment hubs. They are kind enough to call me and I go pick the packages up. You might talk to them.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
You don't have a Seyberts problem...you have a you problem. Now your bum hurt. As others have mentioned nobody ships for free. They pay UPS and it's part of their cost model. Changing ship to addresses after the fact is always dicey. Next time get the details right and you will make everyone's day go a little smoother. Alternatively if you make a mistake or change your mind it's not on the seller to make you whole. Effort + Actions = COST.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have a Seyberts problem...you have a you problem. Now your bum hurt. As others have mentioned nobody ships for free. They pay UPS and it's part of their cost model. Changing ship to addresses after the fact is always dicey. Next time get the details right and you will make everyone's day go a little smoother. Alternatively if you make a mistake or change your mind it's not on the seller to make you whole. Effort + Actions = COST.
I agree.
All because he didn't want to wait at home for the cue.
Perhaps someone he knows was free to do it for him.
I do not know.
Anyhow, I have a feeling he won't like the cue when he gets it.
The whole thing is soured for him.
I have used Seyberts lots of times and have never had a problem.
I do hope he receives his cue intact.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.
All because he didn't want to wait at home for the cue.
Perhaps someone he knows was free to do it for him.
I do not know.
Anyhow, I have a feeling he won't like the cue when he gets it.
The whole thing is soured for him.
I have used Seyberts lots of times and have never had a problem.
I do hope he receives his cue i
WTF?????? I live by myself and really don't like having to waste a fkng day waiting on UPS. I got a call from their cust serv this morning. They told me that it was Seyberts that specified the delivery options: wait all day or drive to main hub after THREE attempts meaning not til next Monday could i go get it. They also told me that i still have an active acct and preferred access point but that Seyberts, not UPS, made the call to not use it. Also, there is NO surcharge to do it. Seyberts flat out lied about that. Why they can't leave it at office is beyond me. I've had lots of sign. req. items delivered that way. Fk UPS and Seyberts.

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see this as a simple problem. Build a lockable box and attach to house or concrete.... leave delivery instructions for the driver to place item in box and lock it. People want something they can snatch and run with. Probably wont bother with it.

It's what all of us are going to have to do to battle porch pirates. Short of two loads of rock salt out of a double barrel, it's the only deterrent we can use at the moment.

xX-Wizard-Xx

WTF?????? I live by myself and really don't like having to waste a fkng day waiting on UPS. I got a call from their cust serv this morning. They told me that it was Seyberts that specified the delivery options: wait all day or drive to main hub after THREE attempts meaning not til next Monday could i go get it. They also told me that i still have an active acct and preferred access point but that Seyberts, not UPS, made the call to not use it. Also, there is NO surcharge to do it. Seyberts flat out lied about that. Why they can't leave it at office is beyond me. I've had lots of sign. req. items delivered that way. Fk UPS and Seyberts.
you can track UPS delivery from the UPS app ... last cue i bought i watched it arrive on the phone.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
My company uses UPS and we get a ridiculously low rate compared to retail prices. When I buy from Seybert's, they have the lowest UPS shipping charges to Europe out of any U.S. retailer that I've done business with, and I mean any retailer not just pool stuff. So that tells me that they have a very good deal going on with UPS and they are passing on the savings to their customers.

That being said, delivery to any other address other than the billing address of the payment card used is discouraged due to fraud. I've had this experience with Seybert's where my PayPal primary delivery address was different from the address that I wanted a cue delivered. Seybert's cancelled the order, but explained to me why when I contacted them. They have been hit by many fraudsters. I just changed the address on PayPal, problem solved.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't write this shit. So, i wait around all day so i can sign for it. Around 4pm i open my apt. door and what is sitting on the fkng ground??? Yep, the cue. No knock, no signature just drop it in front of my door. In a fairly busy apt. complex. Ridiculous. So much for Seyberts requiring a sign. Better to drop at the office(which is what USPS does btw) than this bullshit. As for the cue, its pretty cool. Basic wrapless JOSS. Pic from the ad:https://www.seyberts.com/joss-cues/joss-jc-purple-play-cue/ Lot darker than in this pic. Nice basic cue. Try it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can't write this shit. So, i wait around all day so i can sign for it. Around 4pm i open my apt. door and what is sitting on the fkng ground??? Yep, the cue. No knock, no signature just drop it in front of my door. In a fairly busy apt. complex. Ridiculous. So much for Seyberts requiring a sign. Better to drop at the office(which is what USPS does btw) than this bullshit. As for the cue, its pretty cool. Basic wrapless JOSS. Pic from the ad:https://www.seyberts.com/joss-cues/joss-jc-purple-play-cue/ Lot darker than in this pic. Nice basic cue. Try it out tomorrow.
Well all's well that ends well.
Enjoy your new cue.
To my way of thinking Joss's hit great.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just maybe you had a few too many bourbons while waiting for it to arrive, and that's why you didn't hear the doorbell. Just teasing.