Ned Morris Cue Owners, Only Enter Here. Are These the Best?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a few pictures of the "twins" as I call them, but Ned Morris calls these his "pillars" because of the butt section. Everything white is ivory. I have four more that I will be posting in the next few weeks. These cues have never been used. One butt has abalone in the rings and shafts. The other has silver in the rings and butt. These came to me in a Porper case,

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 84
  • full size.jpg
    full size.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 82
  • pair 1.jpg
    pair 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 71
  • pair 3.jpg
    pair 3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 76
  • pair.jpg
    pair.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 71
  • Porper case.JPG
    Porper case.JPG
    134.5 KB · Views: 88

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Will I had a few fancy Cues that were stored away for safe keeping. Decided if I don't play with a Cue, it got turned into Cigar or hobby, so I enjoyed something

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Will I had a few fancy Cues that were stored away for safe keeping. Decided if I don't play with a Cue, it got turned into Cigar or hobby, so I enjoyed something
I have more of his excellent cues that I play with. But these I thought I'd leave them as unplayed. Ned only made about 20-25 exquisite cues like these in his life. About now he is only doing repairs which takes up all of his time. Probably no more self determined cues like these. No time.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you a cue collector to have pretty cues in your closet
or aplayer that has a cue that feels great to you
or both?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I have more of his excellent cues that I play with. But these I thought I'd leave them as unplayed. Ned only made about 20-25 exquisite cues like these in his life. About now he is only doing repairs which takes up all of his time. Probably no more self determined cues like these. No time.

Could be a wise move to focus on repairs, as it is a lot less hassle then dealing with the building process.

Would also think that you do not need major investment in inventory of exotic wood, and shaft material.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Could be a wise move to focus on repairs, as it is a lot less hassle then dealing with the building process.

Would also think that you do not need major investment in inventory of exotic wood, and shaft material.
Ned has tons of exotic wood, fiber shafts, kielwood shafts, and everything he would need to produce anything anybody wanted. Maybe someday he'll get back to building fabulous cues. I have a few. The playability is among the best I've ever felt.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you a cue collector to have pretty cues in your closet
or aplayer that has a cue that feels great to you
or both?
I didn't mean to be, but here is a cue builder that vertually no one knows about. His fabulous cues should easily equal Tascarella's, SW, and many more in price. People that know his work are sending him for repairs on their cues as he's the best. Just tell me WHOSE cues should be the best? I'd like to know.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I didn't mean to be, but here is a cue builder that vertually no one knows about. His fabulous cues should easily equal Tascarella's, SW, and many more in price. People that know his work are sending him for repairs on their cues as he's the best. Just tell me WHOSE cues should be the best? I'd like to know.

Well there are many little know Cue makers, some do good work, other no so good work.

Personally would rather have the Skill & Knowledge of say any great player in their prom. Then an exact sublimate of their Cue.

Will the skill & knowledge you can turn a house cue into a magical magic wand.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ned makes awesome cues, I picked one up from Martin several years ago and it was top notch. Beautiful set here.

Thanks for sharing
-don