2nd Cue from Coos Cues

NevadaP

Cue was just shipped, so I don't have it yet. But John was kind enough to put a video together for me before he packaged it for shipment.
Birdseye Bocote forearm and butt with Pheasant wood handle. Full core of Purple heart, so weight is about 19.75. Rings are Satinwood and ebony. The second shaft is keilwood, which is another story in itself. This one comes with an extension. Note the detail in the joint protectors!

Looking forward to playing with this one.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two really nice cues now for you. I see on his website that he asks $350 to do a matching wood rear extension such as yours. Did you happen to ask if he would either do a Carbon Fiber rear extension system at a more economical price point, or would he at least install a rear bumper that would accept a current CF on- the -market extension?

Your cues are so nice that my question comes from my strong itch now to possibly order a Coos cue :):)

NevadaP

I did not ask about a CF extension, and I honestly don't know how John would respond to such a request. I suspect he'd be reluctant, since he is so passionate about the exotic woods. But if you can find an 'on-the-market' extension which employs the same threads, it should work on one of John's cues. You'd just need to remind him to leave the thread exposed in the butt as opposed to a standard bumper.

I did mention to John along the way that I may some day want to explore having him fit a CF shaft to one of these butts, but after shooting with his shafts that desire has waned.

BTW, I got the extension for the second cue (Bocote). I would have happily paid for an extension for the first cue (burled walnut and cocobolo), but John didn't have enough of that beautiful piece of burled walnut to make a matching extension. Even if I rarely use the extension, they are beautiful works of art with the matching wood and rings.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks- I also have a feeling that he is not a CF guy - his craft is wood and with good reason! Your cues are terrific!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Cue was just shipped, so I don't have it yet. But John was kind enough to put a video together for me before he packaged it for shipment.
Birdseye Bocote forearm and butt with Pheasant wood handle. Full core of Purple heart, so weight is about 19.75. Rings are Satinwood and ebony. The second shaft is keilwood, which is another story in itself. This one comes with an extension. Note the detail in the joint protectors!

Looking forward to playing with this one.

Ew who uses rumble?