The British Open, 2022, how to watch?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd like to watch the British Open. It's not on DAZN. It's not on matchroom.live. I'm in the US and have subscriptions to both of those platforms already.

Any idea how I might watch it?

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you get yourself a UK proxy or VPN (like windscribe) that has a UK bounce, you can watch it on ITV4
Windscribe has a free 15GB limit so that should last you about a week.

Then you still need to find a link to a ITV4 stream. The below works.

Well well, turns out that link to ITV works without a UK VPN!
But at this point, might as well work on getting the VPN settled....

Additionally there are always the Eurosport 1/2 links

Last edited:

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've written up how to use a proxy here:

It might take a few tries before you find a working one, but that's a small price to pay to watch snooker in the USA!

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's more the BBC license fee, rather than WST. But yeah, try the ITV4 link. Still works, watched Selby's 147 followed by the Trump-Allen match.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think it's more the BBC license fee, rather than WST. But yeah, try the ITV4 link. Still works, watched Selby's 147 followed by the Trump-Allen match.
The ITV link only works if they think you are not in the US. For the British Open, I think the BBC is not involved.

I have a question in to WST but I suspect they are the kind of organization that does not answer questions. I tried their help bot and it ended up asking for a $51 PayPal payment before they would send my question to an "expert". No thank you.

drsnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just click on the link. Nuppon on a 147!

itv4_link.jpg