EMERALD TIP ANY ONE USE THEM REGULARLY??

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I BOUGHT A CUE WITH EMERALD CUE TIP-
SEEMS TO PLAY GOOD...
Years ago I tried emerald ,
wasn't impressed at all"
Has Tiger redesigned for better quality and performance??

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SEEMS TO PLAY GOOD...
wasn't impressed at all"
I tried one a couple of years ago; tip was harder than Chinese arithmetic. Never will use Tiger tip’s again. YMMV

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been using the emerald greens for awhile. I like them although I’ve not tried kamui’s or moor I’d or any of the others.

Zerksies

I tried a tiger Icebreaker for my cue tip on my jump cue and didn’t like it too much. I switched to a samsara Jump Break.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SEEMS TO PLAY GOOD...
wasn't impressed at all"
I nearly never get involved in these discussions.
Here's the thing IMO. You personally know what you like to feel when striking the CB.
Your new cue may be softer to you than other cues you've swung that feel harder with softer tips.
In other words, if you have a soft feeling/hitting cue....... A harder tip my feel better to you. Maybe not??

I'm no expert, but I've experimented of course with with a cue I've used for 15? years..
I suppose why I'm commenting is, a while back I installed a Hard tip. I like it just fine. BUT 2 weeks ago a US 3C Champion handed me a "Semi Soft" tip for me to try. Never heard of a Semi Soft Tip.

Problem is, I need to compare (If I'm going to me scientific) with the same shaft (favorite) rather than another, then I waist lots of Cash AGAIN on tips.

CONCLUSION: If you're happy? ..... Don't "Crowd Source" for an Opinion about what YOU LIKE!!!!

"Am I Wrong for thinking I like Hard tips?
Should NEVER be a question.
If you like what you have, don't question it.
Just play and have Fun. And of course, Pay attention and learn from mistakes.

Zerksies

Second Generation.
I went with it because it was specialized for jumping. I didn't like the feel/hit and felt it was too difficult for jumping. I did try a Samsara for a break cue a few months back. It was extremely hard. I put that on my jump cue since it could be used for both.