Where to find Tap and Dies

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Split dies have a very good use. If nothing else, you'll have more respect for threading. I bought this die long before the screw size was offered in joint screws and joint protectors like Southwest. The original thought was delrin joint protectors at tournament's I set up at.
It paid off!

Attachments

• IMG_20200217_054138.jpg
    IMG_20200217_054138.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 107

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You realize they do offer stuff other in store.

Special order out of their warehouse.

Think you need GOYA and work on all those Cue orders, customer want their Cues, and quit being asshat.

Btw Lows, and Home Depot also sell tapes & dies.
3/8-10 and 5/16-14 are NON STANDARDS SIZES, no, they don't. Like 4 people have already told you that.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Lots of non standard taps out there if you look around. I rounded up a 5/8-16 tap for threading the inside of my joint and shaft collars. Makes building them so much easier than live threading that particular piece. I wanted 16 threads instead of the standard 11 or 18 to make it easy to keep track of my half nut setting when live threading the wooden parts they screw on to. And sure enough it was a mouse click away.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It looks like that home depot listing is probably legit. Here is the actually manufacturer/company product link to a 5/16-14 taper tap. They also have plug and bottoming.