Just because it's published, it doesn't mean it's right.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The internet is becoming overrun with trash, mostly nonsensical articles written by AI (that haphazardly cobble together information grabbed from other websites), and I suspect this is one of them.
True, but this is AZ Billiards. The owners are in the industry. They're not just publishers who know nothing of the material they publish. This is unusual.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
The internet is becoming overrun with trash, mostly nonsensical articles written by AI (that haphazardly cobble together information grabbed from other websites), and I suspect this is one of them.
It's getting to where it's difficult to find any genuinely useful information. Very often when you go looking, the first few pages of google results have low quality and trite information, I'd guess not AI, but written by people without insight who are just looking for clicks. Perhaps the internet's golden age has already passed!
I'm surprised Google don't do more to try to promote better content. But I guess it's difficult because any site that's big enough to be worth picking out is going to be at best inconsistent in the information it provides.

A browser that lets users rate pages, and factored that into search results could be good in theory, but would probably be easily exploited by bots.

BlueRaider

Registered
True, but this is AZ Billiards. The owners are in the industry. They're not just publishers who know nothing of the material they publish. This is unusual.
I wonder if the blog was outsourced to someone who used an AI to write it (and perhaps tweaked a few things here and there for specificity) and then passed it off under their own name.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went back and read it again and it has to be the all time worst how-to pool article I've ever seen.
No, there are worst. I think this is from a Google News feed that you get on your phone or tablet. I get them with the heading " Best Cues to Buy" and that sort of trash. The AZ linkage is to give credibility. I have to admit reading about nailing the ball I was expecting an analysis of the "World Famous Ram Shot". Last time I thought of that, Bob Jewett pulled it right out of his memory bank.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No, there are worst. I think this is from a Google News feed that you get on your phone or tablet. I get them with the heading " Best Cues to Buy" and that sort of trash. The AZ linkage is to give credibility. I have to admit reading about nailing the ball I was expecting an analysis of the "World Famous Ram Shot". Last time I thought of that, Bob Jewett pulled it right out of his memory bank.
Anyone who doesn't know the Ram Shot doesn't know pool. I wonder whatever happened to the Ram Shot guy. The Trilateral Commission probably has him in a dungeon in the Alps.

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Just looked it up; is it the 'happy gilmour' break? I think this could be the piece I need to complete my game!