Jayson Shaw 14.1 Run Story to Air on "60 Minutes"

telinoz

Registered
This is awesome, but the timing sucks a little bit.

Any persuasive story should include a call to action. How great would it be for 10 million people to be told, “show your Stars and Stripes by cheering on the USA, next week, at the Mosconi cup.”

It’s a bit of a bummer that this will air a day after pool’s biggest event.
After watching this:

I am glad it airs after the Mosconi Cup.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ehhh I'll skip. They probably will somehow make it 12 minutes of gambling this and hustler that and all the other crap that the majority feels pool still mainly is.

On a side note, and i admit I did not go through the whole thread, but why was this not considered for airing before the mosconi cup? Wouldn't it make more sense to have this piece showing up for their viewers to possibly get more eyes on the mosconi cup?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
If Jayson had a book to sale, it would measure the effectiveness of a CBS story to translate into sales. It is a lot easier to order a book online than it is to visit a pool room or pool event.

Jayson has matured the most and it shows in his communication.
book to SELL justin,

• Haha
Reactions: ACL

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ehhh I'll skip. They probably will somehow make it 12 minutes of gambling this and hustler that and all the other crap that the majority feels pool still mainly is.

On a side note, and i admit I did not go through the whole thread, but why was this not considered for airing before the mosconi cup? Wouldn't it make more sense to have this piece showing up for their viewers to possibly get more eyes on the mosconi cup?

Yeah, we tell CBS what to do all the time.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
When you buy the almanac I hope you can spot all the errors. It will be fun to see what people believe and what they dont.
how will it be fun when no ones gonna read it and report back to you what they think?

Reactions: ACL

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
60 minutes preview Dec 3

Lou Figueroa
It is odd that there is no mention of Jayson Shaw: https://www.memorabletv.com/episodes/60-minutes-tonight-cbs-sunday-december-4-2022/

123.JPG

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
The only delay hopefully will be a football game that runs long. They still always run the full 60 minutes shows when that happens btw.
This is very likely to happen, folks need to be prepared for the possibility of a late start to the program. CBS does have a 4pm football game this week (they alternate weeks with Fox for the 4pm game, for those who don't watch football. The 4 pm game is the feature game of the week for networks) so it's likely to delay when 60 Minutes starts.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is very likely to happen, folks need to be prepared for the possibility of a late start to the program. CBS does have a 4pm football game this week (they alternate weeks with Fox for the 4pm game, for those who don't watch football. The 4 pm game is the feature game of the week for networks) so it's likely to delay when 60 Minutes starts.

The new start time for "60 Minutes" tomorrow is 730PM EST.

Lou Figueroa

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jon Wertheim profiles Shane Van Boening, the top-ranked pool player in the world for 2022, and explores how pool is trying to shed its rambling, gambling image and thrive as a proper professional sport.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
What reactions/representations are you looking for?