Mosconi cup pockets

Maybe you're being misled by this view where the facing might look like it's curved away from us - but that's an optical illusion caused by the curved top of the cushion (notice that the facing nearer to us looks like it's curved outward).

View attachment 674666

Here's an overhead view of the same pocket, showing that the facings are flat, not curved:

View attachment 674669

pj
chgo

P.S. It's not uncommon for older pocket facings to be a little concave from being beaten by balls - but these haven't (yet).
You can see they are curved...the top is covering it from this view...but you can still see it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you're being misled by this view where the facing might look like it's curved away from us - but that's an optical illusion caused by the curved top of the cushion (notice that the facing nearer to us looks like it's curved outward).

View attachment 674666

Here's an overhead view of the same pocket, showing that the facings are flat, not curved:

View attachment 674669

pj
chgo

P.S. It's not uncommon for older pocket facings to be a little concave from being beaten by balls - but these haven't (yet).
Nice overhead of the pocket. Appears to be 4” at the mouth (front of the facings) and I’d estimate 3-3/4” at the back of the facings. The tight pockets were somewhat cancelled out by the extremely shallow pocket shelves and the new cloth.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I didn't expect such a reference from a pool forum. :cool:

Athough I am almost sure the only reason any of you know about Schrodinger is because of Big bang theory talking about it.
Even if we didn't already know the BS theory about the cat, interweb savvy people have memes to teach them.

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
I don't know much about cats, but those shallow shelves ABSOLUTELY make those tighter pockets play MUCH easier.
Reminds me of particle board 6 footers lol

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
… those shallow shelves ABSOLUTELY make those tighter pockets play MUCH easier.
Unless the slate is replaced, reducing the corner pocket openings automatically reduces the shelf depth by half as much - reducing openings by 1” automatically reduces shelf depths by 1/2”. (Doesn’t apply to side pockets.)

pj
chgo

forabeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shallow shelf or not, calling them buckets is not accurate or fair in my opinion. A 4" opening is tough regardless. Tyler's 8 ball shot would have dropped if the pockets were "buckets". There were also other shots that rattled besides that one.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I deep shelves suck. However these are too shallow. GC’s have it right.

The side pockets on this box are treacherous.

I haven’t noticed any funny rolls anywhere on the table or big bounces with the cushions or dead bounces.

It doesn’t appear to be a bad table at all. No skids either(which can happen often in Vegas with the dry air) the cloth was pulled properly from what I found see.

Overall while it’s not perfect (what table ever is?) this table ain’t bad. I’d like to see it used again anytime.

Deep shelf’s piss me off, roll-offs even more so.

Best
Fatboy 😃
Next 3 yrs.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Just put a tape measure. Side pocket slate edge to edge 50 1/8''. Corner pockets slate edge distance approx 110''.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next 3 yrs.
Is the the contract with Rasson?

I got no beef with that table. The pockets were a little gaffy-but I’ll take that 8 days a week over a table that rolls off and deep shelf’s. The cushions seemed to bank nice as well. I haven’t played in one, but from what I saw it ain’t bad.

Best
Fatboy😃

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Cats should not be let anywhere near pool tables - dead or alive. Or both.
i beg to differ
FB_IMG_1630763004069.jpg