AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   BK Rush (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=477481)

Rooster1161 07-10-2018 12:54 PM

BK Rush
 
Just received a new BK Rush, has anyone changed the tip and tried something different on it? if so what did you switch to and what results did you find?

Kim Bye 07-10-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster1161 (Post 6183002)
Just received a new BK Rush, has anyone changed the tip and tried something different on it? if so what did you switch to and what results did you find?

I have installed the Longasy break tip, Taom, White Diamond, Zento and Samsara.
They all seem to work better than the stock tip, I think White Diamond and Taom works very well with BK Rush.

Marky Mark 07-10-2018 08:02 PM

Hi Kim,

Interesting that you find the White Diamond works best with the BK Rush. I have the White Diamond on my OB Break Speed shaft and I thought it was just OK. My Rush still has the factory tip and I did not think of putting it on the Rush until I read your reply just now.

Can you pls expound on why you chose the WD along with the Taom?

Thanks!
-Mark

KMRUNOUT 07-10-2018 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marky Mark (Post 6183221)
Hi Kim,

Interesting that you find the White Diamond works best with the BK Rush. I have the White Diamond on my OB Break Speed shaft and I thought it was just OK. My Rush still has the factory tip and I did not think of putting it on the Rush until I read your reply just now.

Can you pls expound on why you chose the WD along with the Taom?

Thanks!
-Mark



I have a BK Rush and I think the factory tip is excellent. I've tried a white diamond long ago a time or two and never could warm up to it. I think if I was going to try anything different, it would either be a Samsara (a bit softer than the factory), or the Hammerhead (a bit harder). I'm a huge fan of the Hammerhead and have one on my BK3 and OB speed break shaft.

KMRUNOUT


Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

DWreckTheBoss 07-11-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMRUNOUT (Post 6183268)
I have a BK Rush and I think the factory tip is excellent. I've tried a white diamond long ago a time or two and never could warm up to it. I think if I was going to try anything different, it would either be a Samsara (a bit softer than the factory), or the Hammerhead (a bit harder). I'm a huge fan of the Hammerhead and have one on my BK3 and OB speed break shaft.

KMRUNOUT


Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Mine also has the factory tip and it works very well. I have been consistently able to hold the cue, and I have a pretty nice break. I am not sure how much more "power" it has given me, but I can definitely tell it helps with my accuracy when I cue slightly off center. One thing I have noticed is it really seems to help out players on my league team that have a rather slow/soft break. They definitely get a better hit and spread, but it could be because of the weight of my BK-rush.

Speaking of...what weight did you guys go with on your Rush? Mine has no weights in it, I am thinking its somewhere around 17.5?

Rooster1161 07-11-2018 11:49 AM

Weight
 
Mine came with no weight either, the shaft is around 4 oz, the butt weighed 14.05 oz, I have ordered a weight kit for it, I like a heavier breaker

Quote:

Originally Posted by DWreckTheBoss (Post 6183583)
Mine also has the factory tip and it works very well. I have been consistently able to hold the cue, and I have a pretty nice break. I am not sure how much more "power" it has given me, but I can definitely tell it helps with my accuracy when I cue slightly off center. One thing I have noticed is it really seems to help out players on my league team that have a rather slow/soft break. They definitely get a better hit and spread, but it could be because of the weight of my BK-rush.

Speaking of...what weight did you guys go with on your Rush? Mine has no weights in it, I am thinking its somewhere around 17.5?


YIRMASTER 12-30-2019 03:26 PM

Replacing Tips on the Revo and BK-Rush
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster1161 (Post 6183002)
Just received a new BK Rush, has anyone changed the tip and tried something different on it? if so what did you switch to and what results did you find?

I highly suggest sending back to predator to replace the tip aka seyberts, that's who actually does all the work for predator, check the address.

I tried cutting the tip off without a lathe like normal trying to be careful not to remove the grey pad but it came off completely. You need a lathe to do this properly.

I tried putting a Tiger Icebreaker cue tip which is also a hybrid leather/phenolic tip and man that tip is so hard I bent my Xacto knife trying to cut it down to the diameter of the ferrule. I gave up until I get a lathe so sent it in to Seyberts/Predator for not only installing a replacement tip and silencer pad but also to replace the vault plate because apparently I trimmed half that off as well. My warranty has been voided big time, it is if you don't leave at least .10 of the silencer pad.

Anyway they wouldn't tell me how much it will cost until I send it in. Uhg...

I want to get it back to factory condition and can't buy a new vault plate so have no other choice.

Here is some interesting news, I couldn't find any info so asked predator group and was told that their tip on the BK-Rush is NOT phenolic but a Hybrid, I asked if it was a a combo leather phenolic and they said no so I don't know what they would inject in the leather to make it hard or if they are bs'ing me.

Upon further reflection I will not be installing another Tiger Icebreaker Tip because it is a hybrid leather phenolic and appears to look just like the predator tip I removed, which breaks hard but also miscues often if off slightly and doesn't hold chalk well at all. The hardness rating of the Samsara is comparable so I'm going to go with that giving it a try.

I'm also going to install it on my Jacoby Jump Cue and BK3 before I sell it and another BK Rush I will be raffling off from my www.PoolJunkie.com facebook page, not the main one but the group you need to request access to because of FB issue with raffles
and
Replacing the Victory Soft tip on my P3 Revo with a Kamui Clear Soft


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.