AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 22 1 2311 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Wanted/For Sale (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Stolen Cues (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=100318)

Fast Lenny 05-27-2008 04:12 AM

Stolen Cues
 
Just curious if we could make a sticky with pictures of stolen cues in it so none of us out there buy one or might be able to help someone recover theirs.Just an idea,so post your pics and any info here. :)

CocoboloCowboy 05-27-2008 04:49 AM

Great idea.

steveinflorida 05-27-2008 06:33 AM

Stolen Cues
 
Great idea! Photos, the date and location stolen from and any other helpful info and maybe AZer's could really help each other out on this. I'm all for it.

snowmon34 05-27-2008 06:50 AM

Lenny great idea..A little greenie for ya..:)

gwjackal 05-27-2008 07:00 AM

Could we add a cue alert bulletin that pops up on your screen kinda like they do with the amber alerts (no joking intended) please don't harp me for saying that.

Lenny great idea.... We could also start a national cue database with all the particulars of purchase, etc.

Q-Street 05-27-2008 07:47 AM

Like the idea, too. Since this is about stolen cues, what happens if you unknowingly purchase a stolen cue only to discover later one that it was stolen? Is it returned no questions asked? or is it bought back?..etc.

RackRunner 05-27-2008 08:54 AM

I think this is a great idea...if the thieves know it will be hard to sell a stolen cue because of this forum, maybe they will think twice before stealing a cue in the first place. It sure won't hurt having more people aware...

xpatcan1 05-27-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q-Street
Like the idea, too. Since this is about stolen cues, what happens if you unknowingly purchase a stolen cue only to discover later one that it was stolen? Is it returned no questions asked? or is it bought back?..etc.

I had a cue stolen not that long ago and recently posted it on this form.
I think if I ever came across someone who bought it without knowing it was stolen I would compensate them what they paid for it or I would make them an offer that seems fair. I could get it back without paying a cent because I have proof and a police report.
When it comes down to it though I think they would have to return the cue without any compensation. Obviously they would need to have proof it belonged to them.

classiccues 05-27-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpatcan1
I had a cue stolen not that long ago and recently posted it on this form.
I think if I ever came across someone who bought it without knowing it was stolen I would compensate them what they paid for it or I would make them an offer that seems fair. I could get it back without paying a cent because I have proof and a police report.
When it comes down to it though I think they would have to return the cue without any compensation. Obviously they would need to have proof it belonged to them.

Your a good man with your solution and I'll leave it at that.

But send me pics of your stolen cue and the info and we'll post it here...

http://www.classiccues.com/cues/stolen_cues.htm

Joe

Retail1LO 05-27-2008 11:36 AM

I think the idea's a fantastic one...personally.

Retail1LO 05-27-2008 11:36 AM

I think the idea's a fantastic one...personally.

Retail1LO 05-27-2008 11:37 AM

I think the idea's a fantastic one...personally.

Rift 05-27-2008 01:15 PM

Should make this permanent
 
Should make this a permanent sticky thread so it's always up top and easily viewed

cyrex 05-27-2008 11:06 PM

Stolen cues
 
Great idea. I was thinking about a web site specifically for stolen cues. Or maybe a way of 'registering' a cue. Have pics, specifics, etc.. and offer some sort of registration card.

alstl 05-28-2008 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveinflorida
Great idea! Photos, the date and location stolen from and any other helpful info and maybe AZer's could really help each other out on this. I'm all for it.

I don't know Steve. It seems like if I post all that information about my stolen cues somebody might see it and want their cue back.

Actually the only decent cue I own is a Schon and it has been in the Mens room of every pool hall I've been in, it never leaves my sight. My wife would shoot me if I tried to spend that much money on another pool cue.

Good idea, maybe it will help somebody find their cue.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.
Page 1 of 22 1 2311 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.