AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 3 1 23

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jin is now 9 years old and working harder than ever.... just some updates (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=492567)

TEAM SLO 04-19-2019 08:05 AM

Jin is now 9 years old and working harder than ever.... just some updates
 
Hey everyone, just a few updates of my son Jin for those that may be curious. He has been practicing coming up on 2 years in a couple months. What a journey it's been so far...

Thank you to his sponsors:
Pechauer Custom Cues
Kamui
Brutal Game Gear

Here he was playing SVB, some of you have already viewed it.
SVB @ Wyoming Sept 30, 2017
https://youtu.be/duqmG5eV7VA

Recently at Super Billiard Expo 2019 he had the opportunity to play some legends: Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohman, and Emily Duddy
Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohmann, and Emily Duddy
https://youtu.be/_oYm2bVwuAk

The next week after SBE, we were in Wyoming and Jin had a chance to play a few racks with Billy Thorpe, Billy and other Mosconi team members all stuck around for well over an hour with by little man.
Billy @ WyomingThorpe April 6th, 2019
https://youtu.be/FZpecWIxpIo

JazzyJeff87 04-19-2019 08:17 AM

He is awesome. Are you a pretty serious player yourself? How early did he start?

TEAM SLO 04-19-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 (Post 6379990)
He is awesome. Are you a pretty serious player yourself? How early did he start?

I wouldnt consider myself a serious player currently. I used to consider myself decent about 15 years ago lol.

Jin start mid 2017.... I had no idea he was interested until one day and he has been hooked since. Besides school, he lives and breathes pool.

JazzyJeff87 04-19-2019 10:29 AM

I was just wondering if maybe he’s grown up seeing you play all the time. I guess school has a place in life ;) I hope things work out for him, he’s a talented little guy.

TEAM SLO 04-19-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzyJeff87 (Post 6380096)
I was just wondering if maybe hes grown up seeing you play all the time. I guess school has a place in life ;) I hope things work out for him, hes a talented little guy.

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I started to play lightly in 2017 after a trip to the Philippines where I got I to my first game in over a decade lol.

One day on our way to Dave n busters I stop to pick up chalk and he saw a tiny cue... I asked if he wanted arcade day or try out pool. We went to play pool and that was it.... he did 20-24 hours a weekend at a pool hall until I got him his own table.

couldnthinkof01 04-19-2019 10:58 AM

So much fun watching him play with Billy.
The mosconi guys were all class.
I also like how pechauer gets behind alot
of young players.
Thanks for posting these. This is what pool is
all about.

TEAM SLO 04-19-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 (Post 6380115)
So much fun watching him play with Billy.
The mosconi guys were all class.
I also like how pechauer gets behind alot
of young players.
Thanks for posting these. This is what pool is
all about.

They definitely were.... they could have easily walked off. Even Billy could have played a quick rack and gone about his business.

Pechauer does give so much back to pool and the juniors...

PoolBum 04-19-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAM SLO (Post 6380059)
Besides school, he lives and breathes pool.

Just make sure he keeps his priorities straight.

Get him out of school and playing pool full time.

jrctherake 04-19-2019 01:10 PM

As always, it was a real pleasure to see Jin play.

He is improving at a very fast rate. All his and "your" hard works shows in his fundamentals.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Rake

pwd72s 04-19-2019 05:33 PM

I enjoy these Jin threads...reminds me that "The beat goes on".

hang-the-9 04-19-2019 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAM SLO (Post 6379977)
Hey everyone, just a few updates of my son Jin for those that may be curious. He has been practicing coming up on 2 years in a couple months. What a journey it's been so far...

Thank you to his sponsors:
Pechauer Custom Cues
Kamui
Brutal Game Gear

Here he was playing SVB, some of you have already viewed it.
SVB @ Wyoming Sept 30, 2017
https://youtu.be/duqmG5eV7VA

Recently at Super Billiard Expo 2019 he had the opportunity to play some legends: Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohman, and Emily Duddy
Ralf Souquet, Thorsten Hohmann, and Emily Duddy
https://youtu.be/_oYm2bVwuAk

The next week after SBE, we were in Wyoming and Jin had a chance to play a few racks with Billy Thorpe, Billy and other Mosconi team members all stuck around for well over an hour with by little man.
Billy @ WyomingThorpe April 6th, 2019
https://youtu.be/FZpecWIxpIo

He shoots great, another foot on him and he'll be a top regional player. All focus on the table and shots. First game bank to side to get shape on the 8 was an advanced shot, I know people that played for decades that would not have seen that, much less been able to execute it.

He can probably play even with Emily now from the way he ran out on Thorsten. That look on her face was not "what a nice kid" it was "I can't beat him".

PoolBum 04-19-2019 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hang-the-9 (Post 6380414)
He shoots great, another foot on him and he'll be a top regional player.

What's the advantage to having three feet?

TEAM SLO 04-19-2019 09:26 PM

Jin and I are both laughing here

Dead Money 04-19-2019 09:32 PM

He plays real good. He did not seem to be bothered by all the random activity around the table either!! The last guy that showed up with the hat near the end was kind of odd. I suspect a lot of the posters here would be bothered by that based on a bunch of posts about stuff like that happening to them.

TEAM SLO 04-20-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Money (Post 6380454)
He plays real good. He did not seem to be bothered by all the random activity around the table either!! The last guy that showed up with the hat near the end was kind of odd. I suspect a lot of the posters here would be bothered by that based on a bunch of posts about stuff like that happening to them.

Thanks for that..... We are still working on the mental game very hard which also includes tuning everything else out.

That guy.... not sure exactly who he is but both last year and this year, he was with Emily getting tons of video with his gopro. Not sure where it goes.....


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:36 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.