AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Cue Accessory reviews (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Taom tip review (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=384501)

Kim Bye 12-12-2014 02:30 PM

Taom tip review
 
I got some Taom tips here the other day. I have been very curious about these tips. They are made in Finland and use by pro`s like Mika Immonen, Jayson Shaw and Rodney Morris.
I don`t have a durometer yet, but they seem pretty hard, close to the Mezz Sonic tip I have been using the last year.
They seem to be made of some sort of plastic (thermoplastic??) easy to glue on, but not the easiest tip to install without a lathe. But with some sharp tools and some patience it`s possible :)

I`m no SVB, but I have been working very systematic to improve my break and all that practice has resulted in a break that is fairly consistent and with good controll over the cueball.
I use a SVB type break and I have had some instances where i loose controll of the CB and it goes flying of the table. Today I played about five hours and all my breaks were close to perfect. I have never had so many runouts before as I had today.
The Taom tip gives me great controll, yet is hard enough to make bonecrushing hard breaks.
This is by far the best break tip I have ever tried.

This is how they look on a Mezz Deep Impact Pro H shaft:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...bye/Taom-1.jpg

suharsh 12-12-2014 08:41 PM

Thanks for the review. What chalk to you use on these and does the chalk stay well on the tip. Also how much was the cost?

Kim Bye 12-13-2014 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suharsh (Post 5003928)
Thanks for the review. What chalk to you use on these and does the chalk stay well on the tip. Also how much was the cost?

The tip holds chalk fairly good. I use Predator chalk.

suharsh 12-13-2014 09:26 AM

Thanks again. I tried to find this tip here in the US but couldn't. Hope they start selling it here.

Nuts4Tascarellas 12-14-2014 09:08 PM

tip
 
How much are they - and how can we get some to try? Can we get them through you?

cammel8 12-30-2014 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Bye (Post 5003459)
I got some Taom tips here the other day. I have been very curious about these tips. They are made in Finland and use by pro`s like Mika Immonen, Jayson Shaw and Rodney Morris.
I don`t have a durometer yet, but they seem pretty hard, close to the Mezz Sonic tip I have been using the last year.
They seem to be made of some sort of plastic (thermoplastic??) easy to glue on, but not the easiest tip to install without a lathe. But with some sharp tools and some patience it`s possible :)

I`m no SVB, but I have been working very systematic to improve my break and all that practice has resulted in a break that is fairly consistent and with good controll over the cueball.
I use a SVB type break and I have had some instances where i loose controll of the CB and it goes flying of the table. Today I played about five hours and all my breaks were close to perfect. I have never had so many runouts before as I had today.
The Taom tip gives me great controll, yet is hard enough to make bonecrushing hard breaks.
This is by far the best break tip I have ever tried.

This is how they look on a Mezz Deep Impact Pro H shaft:
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...bye/Taom-1.jpg

I've tried finding these but no luck, anyone know where to get them?

Jdm34 01-09-2015 07:06 AM

theres a facebook page for them.I have on on my break cue.

Maik 01-14-2015 01:01 PM

Jason Shaw sells them in the us

suharsh 01-23-2015 11:18 PM

I got one and installed. Mine is blue. I am certainly breaking better. Break is my weakest point so long way to go but this Tip is now my choice of break tip. The others that I have used are some stock phenolic (came on Elite break cue), Samsara and Mezz Sonic. I got this installed on my Mezz Break II (the shorter break cue version).

Poolmanis 01-25-2015 12:42 PM

Only tip for me what made me say WOW. I tried jumping with it and it's TOO GOOD!
Cueball jump so easy I could not keep it on table..
It got nice normal tip feel also..
I got phenolic tip jumper and Players break\jump but those cannot even talked in same neighborhood than Taom Tips.
Only reason why I did not purchased those when I tested because they were first time ever present happening and they were outrageous priced then...
I gonna get em near future.
I'm just surprised how it does not yet be big thing on players here. It just Overpowered.

The Renfro 03-25-2015 11:52 PM

lots of photos online of these exploding... They are thermoset plastic pressed into duty as break tips at $25 a pop.. They were not designed for impact. Buyer beware and take real good look at yours before it's installed.. If you can see color striations it is only a matter of time......

Kim Bye 03-26-2015 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Renfro (Post 5131981)
lots of photos online of these exploding... They are thermoset plastic pressed into duty as break tips at $25 a pop.. They were not designed for impact. Buyer beware and take real good look at yours before it's installed.. If you can see color striations it is only a matter of time......

A matter of time before what??
Have you seen the tips up close or tried one?

Kim Bye 03-31-2015 04:58 PM

You still need to come with those pictures Renfo!
Your making claims about the product possibly being defective, I would like to see the abundace of proof you are talking about.
I have tried google and no broken tips show up.
I have installed about ten Taoms + the ones I use myself and I have had nothing, but positive feedback.

The Renfro 04-03-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Bye (Post 5137841)
You still need to come with those pictures Renfo!
Your making claims about the product possibly being defective, I would like to see the abundace of proof you are talking about.
I have tried google and no broken tips show up.
I have installed about ten Taoms + the ones I use myself and I have had nothing, but positive feedback.

posted 1 here http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=394632

Kim Bye 04-04-2015 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Renfro (Post 5141259)

Thanks. I saw that, but you talked about lots of photos.
Your picture is one incident.
I also wonder what the black stuff on that picture you posted is?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:21 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.