AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Other Item reviews (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Kamui chalk make a difference for the average player? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=432559)

Magnumsk 08-04-2016 11:09 AM

Kamui chalk make a difference for the average player?

I'm new to playing pool after many years. I don't don't play in a league, or even with other people. Pool is a stress reliever for me.

I've been watching videos & products & came across this 20 minute video on chalk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imkX...pvZaSk&index=6

Kamui is (according to this) very different than other chalk. My question is, "Is it going to make That much difference in MY game to make it worth the $28.00?"

madhatter44 08-04-2016 12:05 PM

Short answer is no.
Get yourself some Magic Chalk . a lot better and a lot less$

Magnumsk 08-04-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatter44 (Post 5630197)
Short answer is no.
Get yourself some Magic Chalk . a lot better and a lot less$

Thanks for the info. I'm not finding it in the websites I'm looking at. Can you send me a link when you get a chance? Thanks!

measureman 08-04-2016 12:47 PM

Look in the for sale section.
Magic chalk is very good.

madhatter44 08-04-2016 01:30 PM

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showth...ht=magic+chalk

Magnumsk 08-04-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madhatter44 (Post 5630291)

Thanks! I asked the question a day late, apparently.

Bavafongoul 08-30-2016 12:05 PM

Look up what Dr. Dave has written about chalks....then decide what you want.....but remember this...
if you chalk every shot, then any chalk will perform equally. Just make it a point to chalk on every shot.

Matt B.

WoodyMPW 08-30-2016 12:53 PM

Kamui definitely makes a difference....in your bank account.

ronscuba 08-30-2016 01:38 PM

I chalk before every shot as part of my routine, so the free chalk is fine for me.

MalibuMike 08-07-2017 09:22 PM

Never noticed much difference until I Tried TAOM Chalkl

TAOM Chalk puts just a thin layer of chalk on your tip, which lets your $30 tip do its job. Some people cake it on so thick they could be playing with anything!
The Toam chalk takes some effort to get on but lets my Dennis Searing PerciSion Tip grab the ball like it should. And surprisingly the Chalk stays on the tip and not on the CB, or table or all over the place! The Only Chalk that had made a difference in my game.

garczar 08-08-2017 05:53 AM

Uh, no. Most over-hyped/priced gimmick in years. Magic at 5bux/cube is the nuts. My buddy asked Efren about chalk at DerbyCity. Efren just chuckled and said he used whatever was on the table. Oh yeah, and use it on every shot. Pretty good advice from the best ever.

L I F D 1 10-28-2018 02:49 AM

If you can't find Magic Chalk, try finding Pre-Flag Masters .

Both same price.

garczar 10-28-2018 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L I F D 1 (Post 6254350)
If you can't find Magic Chalk, try finding Pre-Flag Masters .

Both same price.

Flag/pre-flag is same stuff. I bought some thinking it was different and its the exact same chalk. I bought into that story until i a/b'd the two AND heard from Tweeten that all they did was change the wrapper after 9/11. Magic for the $ is the best. Its basically a less dusty Master. Good stuff.

mister__p 11-23-2018 01:34 AM

Keep it simple

Buy yourself a few cubes of master or triangle chalk and get into the habit of chalking before every shot.

If you do this, you will minimize the risk of miscuing due to an insufficiently chalked tip and in the event you do miscue, you can be fairly sure it is your stroke that has the problem and not the tip/brand or chalk or the frequency of chalking.

I see lot of beginners waltzing in to my local with really nice cues and other expensive gear. There's nothing wrong with that but there is when they try to blame their equipment for their own bad technique. Then the following week, they have more new gear to replace the gear they thought was ruining their game. Don't be one of them.

RickLafayette 11-23-2018 07:51 AM

"...if you chalk every shot, then any chalk will perform equally. Just make it a point to chalk on every shot."

THIS

TEAM SLO 11-23-2018 10:04 AM

For us to play at home, the newer Roku is much more table friendly. Makes much less mess, we used to clean our table and balls almost everytime we would practice. Some chalks leave so much on the table and cue ball it was crazy if your getting in significant practice.

Now with the Roku, it's much cleaner, ball cleaner gets used once a week or so depending on how much practice my son gets in. Take a cue, chalk it with regular chalk, and tap the shaft and watch how much comes off in a dust cloud.

Not saying its the be all end all but my son wont use anything else now. And for me... im tired of racking for him, setting up shots every few seconds.... and on top of it all, the cleaning and maintenance of the table and balls. Roku does its job for us....

My name is Jay and I approve this message :thumbup::thumbup: