AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Which cues goes up in price over time? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=498979)

pinoyincalgary 09-01-2019 01:23 PM

Which cues goes up in price over time?

HI. Just talking about monetary value. I noticed that southwest seems to go up as time goes by. Any other cues you notice doing the same thing? Thanks for your input.

RichSchultz 09-01-2019 03:27 PM

I feel like McDermott D series....nothing scientific to back it up though

Also, certain Scruggs.

franko 09-01-2019 04:07 PM

Possibly

Possibly some of the well known CueMakers from the 90's who have either retired or died.

DecentShot 09-01-2019 04:10 PM

I would invest as much money in Carbon Fiber shafts as you can afford.

JoeyInCali 09-01-2019 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecentShot (Post 6469461)

Why? So many are being resold at a loss on fb now.

Cuebuddy 09-01-2019 06:03 PM

Certain vintage cues seem to get harder to find and therefore the price goes up slowly.
Brunswick Titlist and the Professionals are a good example. Brunswick sold thousands of these cues over many years so they will not be super rare in my life but they do seem to go up in value. The fact that many are used for conversions or in collections helps.

garczar 09-01-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoyincalgary (Post 6469386)
HI. Just talking about monetary value. I noticed that southwest seems to go up as time goes by. Any other cues you notice doing the same thing? Thanks for your input.

All the desirable ones. Go to the high-end cue sites and you'll see those that bring the most $$$. JOSSWest, Scruggs, Szamboti(both), Prewitt, Cogs. There are a lot of them.

jasonlaus 09-01-2019 06:25 PM

This seems to be the shaping up as the worst advice ever thread.
Carry on.
Jason

pt109 09-01-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

I’m kinda guessing here at the manufacturing process....but I see CF shafts getting LESS
valuable....for two reasons.

The early ones are expensive ‘cause you’re paying for the research and developement.
....the more they make, the cheaper they are to produce...unlike custom cues.
..then the updated versions will come....to keep the price up....

...Apple’s first IPad had no camera and a bunch of other useful things...
...I still have an original...still works good...value is very little.

Ak147 09-01-2019 07:46 PM

demand and supply?

poolguy4u 09-01-2019 08:09 PM

Quote:

Yeah, soon they'll be all hard to sell new at $250 each.

I made my own for $50.

triley41395 09-02-2019 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoyincalgary (Post 6469386)

If I were investing my money in cues I would only buy traditional looking cues from top tier cue makers that
no longer make cues.HOF makers would be top of my list. I could be wrong but traditional look seems to always sell. Recently (in the last 10 years or so ) I've
noticed that non traditional cues by top makers like
Black, Stroud, Scruggs ect. seem to hold value but don't seem to be increasing like there traditional ones. I could be wrong but that's how I would buy if I had the money
to invest.

ideologist 09-02-2019 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonlaus (Post 6469494)
This seems to be the shaping up as the worst advice ever thread.
Carry on.
Jason

I must spread more around before I can rep you again

To answer the OP, the answer is none. Even the Southwest market is slowing. Used tools do not go up in value. More cues are produced every day.

garczar 09-02-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ideologist (Post 6469585)
I must spread more around before I can rep you again

To answer the OP, the answer is none. Even the Southwest market is slowing. Used tools do not go up in value. More cues are produced every day.

Just my $.02 but i think the fact that younger players don't know or care about classic cues is the big reason for this. They want new, hi-tech stuff and couldn't care less about a "Josszambalaprewitt". They look at them as old, hi-deflection antiques.

RichSchultz 09-02-2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triley41395 (Post 6469583)
If I were investing my money in cues I would only buy traditional looking cues from top tier cue makers that
no longer make cues.HOF makers would be top of my list. I could be wrong but traditional look seems to always sell. Recently (in the last 10 years or so ) I've
noticed that non traditional cues by top makers like
Black, Stroud, Scruggs ect. seem to hold value but don't seem to be increasing like there traditional ones. I could be wrong but that's how I would buy if I had the money
to invest.

This...why I will never sell my TAD (thanks Kirby) and never shoot with another cue.