AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dream Challenge -Team USA v Team Russia (23-25 Sep2019) 9b/9ft. Winning team $15K (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499624)

spartan 09-16-2019 09:06 AM

Dream Challenge -Team USA v Team Russia (23-25 Sep2019) 9b/9ft. Winning team $15K
 
1 Attachment(s)
Mosconi Cup format
Race to 5 per match
Race to 10 matches (last year was race to 9. Not sure why they are not playing to 11 like Mosconi Cup)
Winners $15000 Runners up $7500

Team USA
SVB
Billy Thorpe
Skyler
Corey
Tyler Styer
Max Eberle


Team Russia
Ruslan Chinakhov
Fedor Gorst
Konstantin Stepanov
Sergey Lutsker
Maksim Dudanets


This will be after the Kremlin Cup 10 ball event this week (17-21 Sep) in all Team USA and many top Europeans are playing.
After this event, Johan will choose 2 out of 4 contenders (Thorpe, Corey,Tyler, Eberle) to join Shane and Sky in USA (Mosconi Cup) team. Final 5th member will be chosen after International Open next month. Excellent way to gauge and evaluate how the contenders perform as a team and under Mosconi Cup format.

This year is the 3rd edition. In 2017, USA won hill hill 9-8. Last year Russia led 8-5 on final day before USA won remaining 4 matches to also win hill hill 9-8
This is last yearís final hill hill deciding match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVN...B&index=8&t=0s
Here are other matches from last year
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-36x-akZb5Fp2V
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...019LeQVwVAP9-n
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...0ik_Xk-Si76LFB
Here are last yearís stats
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=480940

Live Stream likely on Facebook or Youtube
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/abnbilliards/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/abnbilliards/videos or
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCay...osfB_4g/videos

Attachment 529945

sjm 09-16-2019 05:06 PM

Sounds great, although six Americans against five Russians is a little odd.

If Johan will take those that perform best in this event and the International, he will have cemented a winning methodology for selection of the team going forward. If, however, he goes with one or more players that play poorly in this match and the International, we'll know that those players were already guaranteed their spot(s) on the team and this match will have been a pointless exercise.

That said, I'm optimistic here that Johan will handle this well. Max Eberle has joined the other aspirants on merit, and the remaining four Mosconi spots will, I believe, be awarded based on merit based on this event and the International. That's a winning formula in my books.

Good luck to all these fine players.

u12armresl 09-16-2019 05:41 PM

Would have been nice to see Evgeny, even though he isn't a road warrior anymore.

Ty Arnold 09-16-2019 06:24 PM

Why is it for years now Bergman isn't even considered for the mosconi cup?

jasonlaus 09-16-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Arnold (Post 6478429)
Why is it for years now Bergman isn't even considered for the mosconi cup?

He doesn't play any events

spartan 09-23-2019 04:41 AM

Day 1
 
1 Attachment(s)
Starts 8pm Moscow time (1pm Eastern) about 5.5 hours from now

Live stream
https://youtube.com/channel/UCaymcYF8M1xVV-V1osfB_4g
https://www.youtube.com/abnbilliards/

Day 1 (23 Sep) Lineup
Team match (5 v 5)
Deuel/ Eberle v Stepanov/ Gorst
Thorpe /Styer v Chinahov/Dudanets
Woodward v Lutsker
Van Boening / Woodward v Gorst/ Chinahov
Styer v Dudanets



Attachment 530501

skogstokig 09-23-2019 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjm (Post 6478385)
Sounds great, although six Americans against five Russians is a little odd.

If Johan will take those that perform best in this event and the International, he will have cemented a winning methodology for selection of the team going forward. If, however, he goes with one or more players that play poorly in this match and the International, we'll know that those players were already guaranteed their spot(s) on the team and this match will have been a pointless exercise.

That said, I'm optimistic here that Johan will handle this well. Max Eberle has joined the other aspirants on merit, and the remaining four Mosconi spots will, I believe, be awarded based on merit based on this event and the International. That's a winning formula in my books.

Good luck to all these fine players.

sky and shane are already on the team.. probably tyler too, but that's just my guess. in reality i think there are two spots to fight for here

Snooker Theory 09-23-2019 05:18 AM

15 grand split 5 or 6 ways. Damn

sjm 09-23-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skogstokig (Post 6481916)
sky and shane are already on the team.. probably tyler too, but that's just my guess. in reality i think there are two spots to fight for here

Yup, Tyler is a lock after his win at the Kremlin Cup. I have a feeling we'll end up with Shane, Sky, Woodward, Billy Thorpe, Max Eberle and Tyler Styer.

garczar 09-23-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Arnold (Post 6478429)
Why is it for years now Bergman isn't even considered for the mosconi cup?

He doesn't play enough big-table qualifying events for one.

Cardigan Kid 09-23-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjm (Post 6481996)
Yup, Tyler is a lock after his win at the Kremlin Cup. I have a feeling we'll end up with Shane, Sky, Woodward, Billy Thorpe, Max Eberle and Tyler Styer.

Can you elaborate on your prediction of Max over Corey for the team? I thought Corey was solid in the Kremlin Cup and he was a member of last yearís winning team (although didnít perform the best). Max also played well in Moscow, I just feel Max is going to have to do something spectacular in the International Open to make the team over Corey. What do you think?

garczar 09-23-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardigan Kid (Post 6482111)
Can you elaborate on your prediction of Max over Corey for the team? I thought Corey was solid in the Kremlin Cup and he was a member of last yearís winning team (although didnít perform the best). Max also played well in Moscow, I just feel Max is going to have to do something spectacular in the International Open to make the team over Corey. What do you think?

I agree here.

CptBurbagio 09-23-2019 10:03 AM

Streams have begun at ABN Facebook page and World of Pool YouTube page. Thanks for gathering the info, Spartan.

CptBurbagio 09-23-2019 10:35 AM

Knotted at 3-3 in the initial Team Match. Shane has two of the wins for the US.

Corey makes a pretty incredible out to put it at 4-3.

CptBurbagio 09-23-2019 10:44 AM

Billy runs out after another Russia scratch. Team USA takes the 1st point


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:18 AM.
Page 1 of 7 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.