AzBilliards.com
Page 101 of 118 « First 519199100101 102103111 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Pool ball collecting. (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=421609)

gdc25 02-04-2020 09:36 AM

So uhmmm.... which one of y'all outbid me today on the Set of Brunswick Agates (ebay)? dangit. :(

Rubik's Cube 02-04-2020 10:01 AM

It wasn’t me, Mr G. Commiserations, sir.

Regards the missing photographs earlier in the thread: That sad occurrence has really vexed me, too, dear fellow. For my part it was caused by Tinypic (the photo-sharing site) changing to a subscription-only service. I’m retaking all the pictures and hope to gradually restore my own missing images on the thread by using the edit function.

Best wishes.

bfriesth 02-04-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube (Post 6569822)
Hello, gentlemen. :)

I, too, would like to echo Mr Kís sincere thanks for so many kind words regarding this thread. It really does mean a great deal and Iím very grateful. I can only apologise for my absence these last few months, folks. I certainly hope to catch up as soon as possible.

I think your new set is beautiful, Mr B... especially the solids. And such wonderful condition! Tell me, sir: Are the numbers engraved, or printed?

Hereís wishing you all a fine weekend. :)

RC, The numbers on this set are inlaid. With a little helpful advise from our friend, Mr. K, I will take a better photo of this set and share it with you.

Bob Jewett 02-04-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

... I just wish the photo's on the older posts hadn't timed out.
Do not use a third-party hosting site when posting images here.

I think I've said it at least five times before, so that makes ten.

I told you so.

The three great lies:

I love you.
Your check is in the mail.
Our website will never charge for access.

Rubik's Cube 02-04-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfriesth (Post 6572941)
RC, The numbers on this set are inlaid. With a little helpful advise from our friend, Mr. K, I will take a better photo of this set and share it with you.

Excellent, Mr B. :)

Inlaid numbers surely takes them up a notch in quality. They looked great to me already, sir, so cannot wait to see the new and improved photographs.

Best wishes.

Rubik's Cube 02-08-2020 06:40 AM

Jack Daniels.

1 Attachment(s)
Good morning, everyone. :)

A gentleman from Maryland is listing a Jack Daniels ball with the wheel logo. He is seeking strong money at $80, but this design is very rare for sure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JACK-DANIEL....c100904.m5276

jviss 02-08-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jewett (Post 6572943)

I think I've said it at least five times before, so that makes ten.

I told you so.

The three great lies:

I love you.
Your check is in the mail.
Our website will never charge for access.

O.K., Bob, but what is the alternative? It would be best if AZB would host the pics, but I am not aware that they do. If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Is there a free, forever pic hosting site?

I currently use dropbox to host pics I post, and I pay an annual subscription to them. But if I change cloud storage sites, all of the pic links in AZB will suddenly become broken.

Rubik's Cube 02-08-2020 08:16 AM

Hello, Mr J. :)

One can post images using AZB’s own system, sir. I’ve had to learn that new skill myself.

Rather than clicking on the POST QUICK REPLY button at the bottom of the page, when intending to post up an image it is wise to go via the POST REPLY option which appears on the left just underneath the last post.

That takes you to a dedicated reply section which includes an option to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. It is here where one is able to navigate to your photograph library (on a mobile) or browse your computer’s hard drive to select the picture. It is quite a labyrinthine process at first, dear chap, but once mastered it’s the work of a few moments.

The biggest problem one encounters is controlling the size of image. The unwary will inadvertently post huge, page stretching images. The key is to resize the picture before uploading.

Best wishes, sir. :)

Rubik's Cube 02-08-2020 08:27 AM

Another great function I found is AZB’s private gallery where it’s possible to collect all one’s images together for easy viewing. The resolution limits are slightly restrictive, but workable with a little bit of tinkering.

I’m gradually uploading images of my ball collection whenever the chance arises. Anyone can view my progress by clicking on the link in my blue signature message below.

jviss 02-08-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube (Post 6575955)
Hello, Mr J. :)

One can post images using AZBís own system, sir. Iíve had to learn that new skill myself.

Rather than clicking on the POST QUICK REPLY button at the bottom of the page, when intending to post up an image it is wise to go via the POST REPLY option which appears on the left just underneath the last post.

That takes you to a dedicated reply section which includes an option to MANAGE ATTACHMENTS. It is here where one is able to navigate to your photograph library (on a mobile) or browse your computerís hard drive to select the picture. It is quite a labyrinthine process at first, dear chap, but once mastered itís the work of a few moments.

The biggest problem one encounters is controlling the size of image. The unwary will inadvertently post huge, page stretching images. The key is to resize the picture before uploading.

Best wishes, sir. :)

Thanks very much, kind sir, I will give it a go!

Cheers,

jv

Bob Jewett 02-08-2020 08:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some better images of the Jack Daniels ball above. They were obtained by going into full-screen-image mode on the sales pictures in Ebay and using "cropper" (described below) to grab a section of the screen.

Attachment 540850

Attachment 540851

Bob Jewett 02-08-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube (Post 6575955)
... The biggest problem one encounters is controlling the size of image. The unwary will inadvertently post huge, page stretching images. The key is to resize the picture before uploading.

I have found that one of the very best tools to avoid this and make posting images much easier in general is a "grab a section of the screen" tool. This allows you to put anything on your screen into an image file. You resize it on your screen before you grab it. No editing is required beyond making it look right on your screen.

The tool I use is called "cropper".

That is also the tool I use for doing things like grab Ebay postings or random sections of text from many sources.

Rubik's Cube 02-08-2020 09:12 AM

Thanks very much, Bob. I’ll check it out. :)

ChuckJones1987 02-10-2020 11:35 AM

Here's some new sets I scored this month

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/2299/9JiaZ5.jpg
"Its hard to really describe the game, because until you've played it, it's hard to really describe the game." - Johnny Archer
Bonus Ball. A revloution in billiards...
I've been searching for a set of Bonus Balls for a really long time. Sadly, this one arrived without the black Bonus ball but I can live with that.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/5541/PL82cs.jpg

Carompool. A few pages back, I posted a picture of a Carompool set that I came across online. I conducted some research, couldn't find a lot of information but I believe they were manufactured around 2000-01. I contacted Chevillotte Billiards in France for more info and they told me what a lucky boy I was, for they had only one more left in stock. The runt of the litter. Whether that was true or some sleazy sales trick to move some product out the door, I cannot confirm.

The picture does not do the gray ball justice. This thing looks really sharp in person.

Rubik's Cube 02-10-2020 02:53 PM

Great finds, Chuck! :)

Many thanks for sharing the images, sir.

Best wishes.