AzBilliards.com
Page 3 of 8 123 45 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Jason Shaw, classless? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=485315)

racetoday 12-09-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattPoland (Post 6283221)
Didnít SVB rake the balls and rage quit some bar table event over some petty BS when playing Deuel? I think most pool players have their moments. I try not to hold it against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Everybody deserves a hall pass every now and then.

MattPoland 12-09-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racetoday (Post 6283402)
Agreed. Everybody deserves a hall pass every now and then.

I try to be my best as much as I can but itíd be tough if me at my worst was immortalized on the Internet for all to judge.

Denis The Kid 12-09-2018 01:09 PM

I think Jason is a great talent. Always exciting to watch!! he brings a lot to the sport and he was cheering on his team. In Europe this is normal.

fiftyyardline 12-09-2018 01:31 PM

Re Jayson Shaw waving his arms and getting the crowd involved prior to shooting the 9 ball - he upped the ante this year by doing all that several times with two balls left and at least once with three balls left - with a long pause before shooting the 7 ball. Would have loved to see him choke and fail to finish - but have to give him credit for winning all those games - that takes supreme confidence.

trob 12-09-2018 01:39 PM

Itís the mosconi cup man.. itís just different. He did the same thing to skyler and when skyler came back to win it he shook his hand like a man. Iím cool with him

MattPoland 12-09-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trob (Post 6283443)
Itís the mosconi cup man.. itís just different. He did the same thing to skyler and when skyler came back to win it he shook his hand like a man. Iím cool with him

Shaw had a smirk saying ďI deserve that,Ē when Skylar showboated before his final 9-ball. I look at it this way. If it wasnít for Shawís prior showboating that wouldnít have been as delicious.

jrctherake 12-09-2018 02:46 PM

He's just another a55hat with a stroke.

I will ignore him, as I always have until he either quits pool or quits being an a55hat.....which ever comes first. Don't matter to me.

The pool world in general would never miss him.

ChrisinNC 12-09-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiftyyardline (Post 6283438)
Re Jayson Shaw waving his arms and getting the crowd involved prior to shooting the 9 ball - he upped the ante this year by doing all that several times with two balls left and at least once with three balls left - with a long pause before shooting the 7 ball. Would have loved to see him choke and fail to finish - but have to give him credit for winning all those games - that takes supreme confidence.

Someone had to take Earl's place as the bad boy of pro pool, since Earl is no longer that relevant. Although I don't like Shaw, he has a long ways to go before he approaches Earl's level of disrespect that he consistently has shown towards most of his opponents for most of his career, particularly when things are not going his way.

$TAKE HOR$E 12-09-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiftyyardline (Post 6283438)

This is an exact scenario of what happend once at the DCC. Jeanette Lee was playing someone giving up a decent spot and the fella was shooting his case 7 ball dead straight into the corner, maybe slightly above the side pocket. He gets pumped and either hyped his crew up or maybe even took a bathroom break...long story short he dogged that like I did not betting the draw on Fury vs Wilder or Canelo vs GGG 1. Everythingís funny until you look like a dummy :thumbup:

jrctherake 12-09-2018 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisinNC (Post 6283508)
Someone had to take Earl's place as the bad boy of pro pool, since Earl is no longer that relevant. Although I don't like Shaw, he has a long ways to go before he approaches Earl's level of disrespect that he consistently has shown towards most of his opponents for most of his career, particularly when things are not going his way.

IMO, it's a bad move to compare Shaw to the Pearl.

ChrisinNC 12-09-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrctherake (Post 6283576)
IMO, it's a bad move to compare Shaw to the Pearl.

Can you elaborate? I wasn't comparing him to Earl as far as one of the greatest 9-ball players ever, but in terms of his questionable actions / behavior.

Maniac 12-09-2018 06:12 PM

This will be my only post on this thread so I hope I explain my opinion the way I mean to.

If every professional pool player acted like Earl and Jayson, pool would be the laughingstock of all sports. Their behavior is detrimental to the game, IMO. So that said, why do we want to give a "pass" to the very few that act that way as compared to the other 90-something percent that act like "professionals"?

I'd rather watch Hunter Lombardo (and his kind) any day as opposed to Jayson/Earl.

Maniac (grew up in old school pool halls where you had to act like a man)

jrctherake 12-09-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisinNC (Post 6283585)
Can you elaborate? I wasn't comparing him to Earl as far as one of the greatest 9-ball players ever, but in terms of his questionable actions / behavior.

I misunderstood your previous post, reading comprehension on my part was off. It's happening more and more lately.

We're pretty much on the same page after rereading your post.

I dislike Shaw's personality so much ........, that it's hard for his talent to overshadow it...IMO.

If Shaw's performance matched the Pearl's, (to me).... it would be different and I would overlook things a little easier.

To me, its risk vs reward. So far, Shaw's performances is just not worth it. Again, JMO.

ctran 12-09-2018 06:36 PM

all that from Shaw, making Shane cheeky smile in return and Sky hand to the ear celebration a lot sweeter.

Michael Andros 12-09-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrctherake (Post 6283614)
I misunderstood your previous post, reading comprehension on my part was off. It's happening more and more lately.

We're pretty much on the same page after rereading your post.

I dislike Shaw's personality so much ........, that it's hard for his talent to overshadow it...IMO.

If Shaw's performance matched the Pearl's, (to me).... it would be different and I would overlook things a little easier.

To me, its risk vs reward. So far, Shaw's performances is just not worth it. Again, JMO.

Couldn't agree more... he's a great player, no doubt, absolutely great. Does his talent / play outweigh his ridiculous BS? Not to me it doesn't.