AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rogue Vs Revo Custom (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499169)

Pete 09-06-2019 07:12 AM

Rogue Vs Revo Custom
 
The Custom Revo will be around $600 (the low deflection is a huge selling point).

The Rogue is $475 out of the box.

Decisions, Decisions...

garczar 09-06-2019 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 6472364)
The Custom Revo will be around $600 (the low deflection is a huge selling point).

The Rogue is $475 out of the box.

Decisions, Decisions...

GoCustoms is only $399. More decisions. ;)

Pete 09-06-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6472367)
GoCustoms is only $399. More decisions. ;)

But how is the deflection vs these two???

Texas Carom Club 09-06-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 6472369)
But how is the deflection vs these two???

looks like a few hundred bucks worth

garczar 09-06-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 6472369)
But how is the deflection vs these two???

Not enough to worry about. I know three people who've switched to the Go and they love it. They all deflect some buts its not much.

hang-the-9 09-06-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 6472369)
But how is the deflection vs these two???

Deflection amount matters much less than how you can play with the shaft. 0 deflection won't necessarily make people pocket more balls. There is probably 20 times as much missing from just flaws in mechanics and not hitting the cueball or object ball where you thought you were aiming than missing because someone did not adjust for deflection once a person gets past beginner levels.

Hunting after deflection levels in shafts is like buying a car based on numbers on a page. oooo look, 5.4 seconds to 60 instead of 6. Then next thing they are in a ditch because it's a rear wheel drive car with no traction control and they side sideways off a road.

garczar 09-06-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hang-the-9 (Post 6472385)
Deflection amount matters much less than how you can play with the shaft. 0 deflection won't necessarily make people pocket more balls. There is probably 20 times as much missing from just flaws in mechanics and not hitting the cueball or object ball where you thought you were aiming than missing because someone did not adjust for deflection once a person gets past beginner levels.

Hunting after deflection levels in shafts is like buying a car based on numbers on a page. oooo look, 5.4 seconds to 60 instead of 6. Then next thing they are in a ditch because it's a rear wheel drive car with no traction control and they side sideways off a road.

Well said.

Pete 09-06-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hang-the-9 (Post 6472385)
Deflection amount matters much less than how you can play with the shaft. 0 deflection won't necessarily make people pocket more balls. There is probably 20 times as much missing from just flaws in mechanics and not hitting the cueball or object ball where you thought you were aiming than missing because someone did not adjust for deflection once a person gets past beginner levels.

Hunting after deflection levels in shafts is like buying a car based on numbers on a page. oooo look, 5.4 seconds to 60 instead of 6. Then next thing they are in a ditch because it's a rear wheel drive car with no traction control and they side sideways off a road.

Seriously great and valid points.

I just don't want to "re-learn" getting a new shaft (as much). Mine is quite low deflection and I'm just toying with the idea.

BRussell 09-06-2019 11:19 AM

Can you get a rogue? They keep delaying them.

Ģśţāṿ 09-06-2019 11:46 AM

Spend that money on lessons. Learn to play better position and shoot only on the center line of the CB (high/low/center). When you do that, the shaft can be low deflection, high deflection....it won't matter.

Of course that's much easier said than done. :p

sgonzalez34 09-06-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRussell (Post 6472566)
Can you get a rogue? They keep delaying them.



Theyre scheduled to ship out the first orders on September 16th according to the email I received last month.

Serafin


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gregnice37 09-06-2019 04:46 PM

Where did you get 600 for the Revo?

Looks like the few that predator released with different pins have only been 550.

jtaylor996 09-09-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ģśţāṿ (Post 6472581)
Spend that money on lessons. Learn to play better position and shoot only on the center line of the CB (high/low/center). When you do that, the shaft can be low deflection, high deflection....it won't matter.

Of course that's much easier said than done. :p

Is this a thing? Holy crap I've been doing that for the last few weeks as I've been switching between HD and LD shafts. It was the only thing I could figure out that always worked since I have no idea how to compensate properly.

Cornerman 09-09-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ģśţāṿ (Post 6472581)
...and shoot only on the center line of the CB (high/low/center). When you do that, the shaft can be low deflection, high deflection....it won't matter.

Guaranteed mediocrity. And guaranteed if you're a good player, you don't stay on the vertical center line.

Johnny Rosato 09-09-2019 03:03 PM

If I ever bump my head hard enough to go CF, it'll damn sure be a Pechauer product!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.