AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Non Pool Related (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499554)

HawaiianEye 09-14-2019 11:32 PM

BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders
 
Total insanity from the other side of the pond.

https://www.breitbart.com/education/...r-100-genders/

overlord 09-15-2019 07:00 AM

100 that is freaky.

Alan 09-15-2019 07:12 AM

they didn't name them, but I suppose you could coin at least one of them as "freaky". They should have a naming contest for the other 99+


Quote:

Originally Posted by overlord (Post 6477496)
100 that is freaky.


Chopdoc 09-15-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

BBC is indulging in the “propagation of misinformation,”
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?

Alan 09-15-2019 07:49 AM

It's way too complicated for me. I'm lucky that I have only one sex and one gender. At least I think I know my gender. I keep hearing about gender fluid, so I hope I don't leak and get all confused some day.



Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477522)
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?


Mr. Wilson 09-15-2019 03:05 PM

Name them.

But humor us. Use fish.

I'll wait

JC 09-15-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477522)
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?

Gender identity itself is misinformation by nature so of course this is nonsense.

Call yourself whatever you like but if you have a dick I'm calling you Mr. And vice versa.

jason 09-15-2019 04:30 PM

I'm a dog that likes kittys.

Chopdoc 09-15-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477758)
Gender identity itself is misinformation by nature so of course this is nonsense.

Call yourself whatever you like but if you have a dick I'm calling you Mr. And vice versa.

Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.

Chopdoc 09-15-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477758)
Gender identity itself is misinformation ...

Are you saying you have misidentified your gender?

JC 09-15-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477773)
Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.

I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.

memikey 09-16-2019 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477783)
I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.

Hopefully those commenting have actually watched the whole film in question (it's quite short). It's just one one of a large number of teaching aids on assorted subjects offered to schools etc.
The thread title is fake/untrue. No child in the Uk is being taught that in a literal sense there are any more than the two basic 'genders', let alone over 100.

It is a fact (not a misinformation), whether any of us are comfortable with it or not, that there are lots of people who have their own perceptions of what their "gender identity" is, irrespective of which sex organs they have. The existence of such people/perceptions is what kids are actually being taught. I've no idea if there are more than 100 variations on those identity perceptions and it doesn't really matter anyway what the correct number is, though I would suspect that the highlighted teacher concerned was in this instance almost certainly just carelessly exaggerating in loose conversational terms.

Such gender conflicted people and their perceptions of themselves are not going to magically cease to exist. So kids are inevitably going to encounter such people as they grow up and it's also inevitable that some kids themselves will grow up with such self-perceptions just as many kids have for centuries. Seems to me that the film in question (which mainly deals with questions kids do actually ask their teachers) is potentially a pretty useful teaching aid as far as the answering of such questions go....and on a wider scale therefore also useful to at least help kids deal with their encounters with such people.

I'm a bit old fashioned myself and sometimes wonder if in today's world hermaphrodites are possibly the least gender conflicted group of all lol...….but unless the Taliban land a contract for organising schooling, I can't really see the day when teachers (in either USA or UK) are going to be using teaching aids which help them inform kids that if they come across anyone who doesn't self identify as male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with, that can only be because they are in need of mental health care.........and I'm not sure that even a dinosaur like me would be entirely comfortable with that explanation of the subject being given by anyone to any related questions my grandkids were to ask :)

Mr. Wilson 09-16-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memikey (Post 6477935)
Hopefully those commenting have actually watched the whole film in question (it's quite short). It's just one one of a large number of teaching aids on assorted subjects offered to schools etc.
The thread title is fake/untrue. No child in the Uk is being taught that in a literal sense there are any more than the two basic 'genders', let alone over 100.

It is a fact (not a misinformation), whether any of us are comfortable with it or not, that there are lots of people who have their own perceptions of what their "gender identity" is, irrespective of which sex organs they have. The existence of such people/perceptions is what kids are actually being taught. I've no idea if there are more than 100 variations on those identity perceptions and it doesn't really matter anyway what the correct number is, though I would suspect that the highlighted teacher concerned was in this instance almost certainly just carelessly exaggerating in loose conversational terms.

Such gender conflicted people and their perceptions of themselves are not going to magically cease to exist. So kids are inevitably going to encounter such people as they grow up and it's also inevitable that some kids themselves will grow up with such self-perceptions just as many kids have for centuries. Seems to me that the film in question (which mainly deals with questions kids do actually ask their teachers) is potentially a pretty useful teaching aid as far as the answering of such questions go....and on a wider scale therefore also useful to at least help kids deal with their encounters with such people.

I'm a bit old fashioned myself and sometimes wonder if in today's world hermaphrodites are possibly the least gender conflicted group of all lol...….but unless the Taliban land a contract for organising schooling, I can't really see the day when teachers (in either USA or UK) are going to be using teaching aids which help them inform kids that if they come across anyone who doesn't self identify as male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with, that can only be because they are in need of mental health care.........and I'm not sure that even a dinosaur like me would be entirely comfortable with that explanation of the subject being given by anyone to any related questions my grandkids were to ask :)


Mike:

Do you or not see their dysphoria as a mental health issue?

bobco729 09-16-2019 10:44 AM

I only know the first three male, female and halucinated made up mentally insane fake b.s.

FairladyZ 09-16-2019 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This says it all...............

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477783)
I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.

Even if you think it's a mental health issue, you can't deny it.

You have demonstrated that sufficiently.

The only question now is the number.

100?

I am confident I have not heard of 100.
.

JC 09-16-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478148)
Even if you think it's a mental health issue, you can't deny it.


.

Did I deny that it's a mental health issue?

"Identifying" is a made up thing like ADS. It's a hijack of language and an affront on logic. In short it's silly and I'm not dignifying it.

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6478171)
Did I deny that it's a mental health issue?

"Identifying" is a made up thing like ADS. It's a hijack of language and an affront on logic. In short it's silly and I'm not dignifying it.

Right. OK. :thumbup:

Thank God you aren't a health care professional. Callous uncaring people tend not to do well in such fields.

Not sure what ADS is...but I am guessing you mean some diagnosis.

ADD?

CuesRus1973 09-16-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477773)
Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.

1. They are not of sound mind if they don't "identify" by what was originally on their birth certificate
2. If there is anything other than "male" or "female" on their birth certificate, their parents are likely guilty of child abuse
3. Supporting such a delusion brought on by mental illness does not treat it. It is still a delusion. Desire, or mental illness, cannot change one's gender. Genetics are funny things. No amount of drugs, therapy, or surgery can remove or implant a "y" chromosome.
4. Just because somebody is mentally ill and thinks that they are something they are not, does not mean that I have to acknowledge anything beyond the fact that they are mentally ill.

JC 09-16-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478182)
Right. OK. :thumbup:

Thank God you aren't a health care professional. Callous uncaring people tend not to do well in such fields.

Not sure what ADS is...but I am guessing you mean some diagnosis.

ADD?

I fix cars. They don't have feelings.

When people first started trying to catalog fidgety low intellect children I heard it called attention deficit syndrome commonly. I guess I lost track of it after that and some shrink eventually named it a disorder or ADD. I guess when it became an official disease it had to have a more official sounding name than "my kid's kind of slow".

Can't have insurance fork out money for something that doesn't sound official now can we? Let's get them on drugs ASAP. Grooming the next mass shooters.:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Patrick Johnson 09-16-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson (Post 6478081)
Do you or not see their dysphoria as a mental health issue?

Do you or not see bigotry as a mental health issue?

pj
chgo

DelawareDogs 09-16-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson (Post 6478229)
Do you or not see bigotry as a mental health issue?

pj
chgo

How is it bigotry?? Intolerance?

I'm not intolerant of anyone who has a gender identity disorder.... no more than I'm intolerant of anyone with obesity, or anorexia, or attention deficit, or PTSD......


file:///C:/Users/jcohen/Downloads/AP...-Dysphoria.pdf

Chops point must've went right over my head. Yes, there are over 100 gender identities that (some) people identify with beyond just "I'm a male" and "I'm a female".

I thought the point of the article was telling this to little kids? Did I miss something?


I mean..... sure you can vote for this to be taught in schools to kids..... just make sure you hit the mark when you tell them the suicide rate in the transgender community is upwards of 40%.

memikey 09-16-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson (Post 6478081)
Mike:

Do you or not see their dysphoria as a mental health issue?

I'm certainly not qualified to know whether people who perceive their 'gender identity' as being something other than male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with all require mental health 'care' which is what I actually commented upon.

I have a wholly unqualified observational layman's suspicion, and no more than that, that some people born with clearly defined male or sex organs may also be born with some kind of wires crossed elsewhere in their genetic make-up which makes it very likely (if not inevitable) that at some stage they will fail to self identify with the gender which those sex organs would in a literal sense define them to be. I wouldn't place them in the mental health bracket you seem to have in mind. I suspect some of those people might develop mental health issues due partly to dealing with their inherent conflictions as opposed to developing conflictions due to them having a mental health issue.

I have a similar suspicion that on the other hand there are probably plenty other people who for one reason or another are not actually born with such wires crossed but nevertheless acquire/develop a belief that they are the 'wrong' gender. Their mental health is obviously one potential/possible important factor in such development.

Hope that's clear now :)

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6478213)
I fix cars. They don't have feelings.

I ran into a guy the other day that said the same thing.

He had been a medic in the military and considered medical school when he got out...except he hated dealing with people, especially sick people. So he became a mechanic.

As far as ADD, I think its a lot more legitimate than the mechanics that sell ladies new gas shocks because their gas shocks are "leaking oil". :wink:

Celophanewrap 09-16-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478249)
I ran into a guy the other day that said the same thing.

He had been a medic in the military and considered medical school when he got out...except he hated dealing with people, especially sick people. So he became a mechanic.

As far as ADD, I think its a lot more legitimate than the mechanics that sell ladies new gas shocks because their gas shocks are "leaking oil". :wink:

Doc, are you saying you've never purchased blinker fluid for your car? c'mon......

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuesRus1973 (Post 6478203)
1. They are not of sound mind if they don't "identify" by what was originally on their birth certificate
2. If there is anything other than "male" or "female" on their birth certificate, their parents are likely guilty of child abuse
3. Supporting such a delusion brought on by mental illness does not treat it. It is still a delusion. Desire, or mental illness, cannot change one's gender. Genetics are funny things. No amount of drugs, therapy, or surgery can remove or implant a "y" chromosome.
4. Just because somebody is mentally ill and thinks that they are something they are not, does not mean that I have to acknowledge anything beyond the fact that they are mentally ill.

Clearly you don't understand genetics for one thing.

But there are numerous things you reveal you don't understand. Are you aware that there are no genetic studies done to put male or female on a birth certificate?

I do understand your point of view and where it comes from.

.

FairladyZ 09-16-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478249)
I ran into a guy the other day that said the same thing.

He had been a medic in the military and considered medical school when he got out...except he hated dealing with people, especially sick people. So he became a mechanic.

As far as ADD, I think its a lot more legitimate than the mechanics that sell ladies new gas shocks because their gas shocks are "leaking oil". :wink:

Actually gas shocks do have oil in them. Think of fingering a patient's pooper dry versus a little KY on the glove....the principle is the same.

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celophanewrap (Post 6478254)
Doc, are you saying you've never purchased blinker fluid for your car? c'mon......

Only when it runs out. :D

Smooth 09-16-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478249)
I ran into a guy the other day that said the same thing.

He had been a medic in the military and considered medical school when he got out...except he hated dealing with people, especially sick people. So he became a mechanic.

As far as ADD, I think its a lot more legitimate than the mechanics that sell ladies new gas shocks because their gas shocks are "leaking oil". :wink:

in my childhood experiences, those kids were called a "spaz" and they gravitated towards interests that required consistently high RPM's... and they were good at it... they would be the calm one when "normal" kids would be in a state of chaos... the opposite of what was happening in a structured boring classroom setting

there wasn't anything "wrong" with them that needed to be fixed, or labelled, other than to help them find a lifestyle/career/hobbies that synched up with their internal frequency... in my obviously non-medical opinion of course

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairladyZ (Post 6478259)
Actually gas shocks do have oil in them. Think of fingering a patient's pooper dry versus a little KY on the glove....the principle is the same.

LOL!

Perhaps a poor example. They are not filled with oil, they are not dampened with oil.

And spraying oil on them to show they are leaking is an old trick to sell shocks. I'm pretty confident you know that.

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 6478261)
in my childhood experiences, those kids were called a "spaz" and they gravitated towards interests that required consistently high RPM's... and they were good at it... they would be the calm one when "normal" kids would be in a state of chaos... the opposite of what was happening in a structured boring classroom setting

there wasn't anything "wrong" with them that needed to be fixed other than to help them find a lifestyle/career/hobbies that synched up with their internal frequency... in my obviously non-medical opinion of course

There is quite a difference between such a personality and an actual pathology.

I have clients that might have not been able to become doctors without being "fixed".

Indeed, the world needs ditch diggers I guess.

CuesRus1973 09-16-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478258)
Clearly you don't understand genetics for one thing.

But there are numerous things you reveal you don't understand. Are you aware that there are no genetic studies done to put male or female on a birth certificate?

I do understand your point of view and where it comes from.

.

Clearly, I do. I understand that in VERY RARE instances a person may have an extra x or y chromosome, but you still either have a y chromosome, or you do not, and those VERY RARE instances don't amount to even a fraction of a percent of the population. It does not take genetic studies to determine a gender for a birth certificate. A visual examination is a very quick and very accurate method.

I also understand a mental illness when I see one, and so do the people at Johns Hopkins, THE foremost institution in the industry. A person that "identifies" as something they are not, be it male, female, non-existent "genders", black, Native American, or some fool that wants to marry other than within the human species, is by definition mentally ill. And I will NEVER recognize other than male or female genders, as I will not condone "identifying" as something a person is not nor could ever be. Nobody else should either.

A parent that does not put either "male" or "female" (with the VERY RARE circumstances of hermaphrodites) on a birth certificate, in the interest of "letting the child decide later", is clearly guilty of abuse and should not be allowed to have children.

Smooth 09-16-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478263)
There is quite a difference between such a personality and an actual pathology.

I have clients that might have not been able to become doctors without being "fixed".

Indeed, the world needs ditch diggers I guess.

ditch diggers? that's a high-rpm job in your opinion?

although sports is one avenue I was thinking of, ditch digging has no fast, on-the-fly mental processing requirements that would satisfy a spaz

UGOTDA7 09-16-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuesRus1973 (Post 6478266)
Clearly, I do. I understand that in VERY RARE instances a person may have an extra x or y chromosome, but you still either have a y chromosome, or you do not, and those VERY RARE instances don't amount to even a fraction of a percent of the population. It does not take genetic studies to determine a gender for a birth certificate. A visual examination is a very quick and very accurate method.

I also understand a mental illness when I see one, and so do the people at Johns Hopkins, THE foremost institution in the industry. A person that "identifies" as something they are not, be it male, female, non-existent "genders", black, Native American, or some fool that wants to marry other than within the human species, is by definition mentally ill. And I will NEVER recognize other than male or female genders, as I will not condone "identifying" as something a person is not nor could ever be. Nobody else should either.

A parent that does not put either "male" or "female" (with the VERY RARE circumstances of hermaphrodites) on a birth certificate, in the interest of "letting the child decide later", is clearly guilty of abuse and should not be allowed to have children.

Indeed. Coddling mental illness is simply wrong in so many ways. And this is kind of ironic here...seeing as how Chopdoc is so quick and with incomplete info to label people child abusers.

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 6478267)
ditch diggers? that's a high-rpm job in your opinion?

although sports is one avenue I was thinking of, ditch digging has no fast, on-the-fly mental processing requirements that would satisfy a spaz

No.

It's an expression. I would have thought you have heard of it.



The fact is that a person with true ADHD can't do what you are claiming.

.

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuesRus1973 (Post 6478266)
Clearly, I do. I understand that in VERY RARE instances a person may have an extra x or y chromosome, but you still either have a y chromosome, or you do not, and those VERY RARE instances don't amount to even a fraction of a percent of the population. It does not take genetic studies to determine a gender for a birth certificate. A visual examination is a very quick and very accurate method.

I also understand a mental illness when I see one, and so do the people at Johns Hopkins, THE foremost institution in the industry. A person that "identifies" as something they are not, be it male, female, non-existent "genders", black, Native American, or some fool that wants to marry other than within the human species, is by definition mentally ill. And I will NEVER recognize other than male or female genders, as I will not condone "identifying" as something a person is not nor could ever be. Nobody else should either.

A parent that does not put either "male" or "female" (with the VERY RARE circumstances of hermaphrodites) on a birth certificate, in the interest of "letting the child decide later", is clearly guilty of abuse and should not be allowed to have children.

Clearly you don't understand actually.

You have only made it more clear.

Smooth 09-16-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6478274)
No.

It's an expression. I would have thought you have heard of it.



The fact is that a person with true ADHD can't do what you are claiming.

.

ahhhh.... gotcha on the terminology... yes, I was being literal... digging ditches is tough ass work by the way

"true" ADHD? that wouldn't be an admission that the ADHD label/diagnosis is, shall we say, "overprescribed"?

Mr. Wilson 09-16-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson (Post 6478229)
Do you or not see bigotry as a mental health issue?

pj
chgo

We already clearly identified your bigotry.

Do you have mental health issues? I could opine.

Mr. Wilson 09-16-2019 04:24 PM

Freud would have a field day with the new terminology

Chopdoc 09-16-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth (Post 6478342)
ahhhh.... gotcha on the terminology... yes, I was being literal... digging ditches is tough ass work by the way

"true" ADHD? that wouldn't be an admission that the ADHD label/diagnosis is, shall we say, "overprescribed"?

VERY much so in my opinion.

It's not an "admission", I would have told you if you had asked.

.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:48 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.