AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Story about Eugene.... (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=618)

pooltablemech 06-21-2003 01:48 PM

Story about Eugene....
 
Eugene Browning............. He came to town with his stakehore/thug 10 or so years ago. It wasn't long before he got a game. He was giving up the 7 ball to one of the best players in town. Eugene played good but not that good. After 2 sets for 400 he was lucky to be even, and quit. Which was fine with the local player, cause he was kinda scared. Then Eugene started telling everybody in the poolroom how they could get the 7 ball. No takers...............The whole time Eugene was there I had been playing Gin for 10 or 20 at the bar away from all the action, but close enough to see it all. AND HEAR IT! After 30 minutes of listening to him tryin to match up...............I hollar at him......"I'll take 15 points back on that 12 foot snooker table!" He responded quick with ............." You bet 100 a game and you got it!" We played with 6 reds, so that 15 points was huge. Especially seeing as how I played on it everyday. I won the first game by 20 points or so...............Then won another by 15 or so. And another to put me up 300. Then Eugene wanted to jack the bet up to 200..............And I beat him just as bad..........So I was up 500. After he talked to his stakehore.......he wanted to bet 300. I won that game 41-2............when he quit. He hollared....F YOU! and he took his stick apart, grabbed his case, and headed to the door. I asked about the 300 for that game...............and him and his stakehore/thug bowed up and said....." Just try and collect it!" We argued for a minute.........then I figured I had 500 of their cash in my pocket so screw'em. :D Plus it was just me, my girlfriend and the dude running the room. So rather than things getting out of hand I let him walk out.........because the guy working told me.....I WILL GET YOUR MONEY IF YOU WANT IT! I told him JUST LET IT GO!........And feel I made a fool of him! But I never forgot about it! Mr. Browning! :mad: :D

thewolf 06-21-2003 09:42 PM

Hi,
I have a similar story.. not about Browning but about a guy named "Rob Saez"... plays the joss tour a lot.. maybe u heard of him.. i was at the MID ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIPS... so i was at the local pool room a lot... i met up with him and he wanted to play 200$ sets 9ball race to 9... i wasn't playing well but accepted the offer... so he wins the first 2.. 400$ hes up.. i win the next so its 200 he is up... then he calmly asks to raise the bet to 1000$ i say sure.. starting to play well at this point.. race to 11 for a GRAND... i thumped him 11-3.... im 800$ up... its 5 am ... im done at this point... so he doesn't wanna pay???... i stay fairly calm and say ... u won't get ne more action here... so i spread the word that he is a no paying loser.. noone plays him again:)... never did get my money:(.. o well... ileast i got the braggin rights lol:P

Black-Balled 10-21-2019 06:48 AM

Some people just don't know how to loose...

Cuebuddy 10-21-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-Balled (Post 6501013)
Some people just don't know how to loose...

I was just thinking about this thread the other day:p

buckshotshoey 10-21-2019 08:01 AM

These stories sound like they came out of a Penthouse magazine forum. LOL.
Pool porn! Eight ball erotica!

PoolBum 10-21-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-Balled (Post 6501013)
Some people just don't know how to loose...

You're right, you gotta be loose. Playing tight is never a good thing.

Black-Balled 10-21-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoolBum (Post 6501165)
You're right, you gotta be loose. Playing tight is never a good thing.

Man will tighten up near-round his last barrel, won't he?

ShootingArts 10-21-2019 02:13 PM

air barrels
 
There are air barrels and there are air barrels. For somebody to fire an air barrel early pissed me off. For somebody to fire a final air barrel after a losing night was expected and why I didn't let them jack the bet too fast. If the last air barrel would have more than covered all I had won then that was as bad as an air barrel to begin with.

For awhile gambling at pool was illegal in the main area I played. Putting much money on the light was a sure way to get the dime dropped. The arresting officer and tipster split half the money and busted you for the rest. After awhile it was decided that a bet between two players was a wager, and legal, a bet on the rail or with the rail wasn't. That was right after a judge was busted betting pretty large on his golf game best I recall!

Anyway, not being able to post was what led to all the air barrels.

Hu

DecentShot 10-21-2019 02:19 PM

The story was good. Just reminds me of all the posters that have been banned. Mr. Wilson has difficulty trimming the weeds without killing a few flowers.

Gunn_Slinger 10-21-2019 02:22 PM

I hear this type of problem over and over in the last 30 years.
And I ask the same question every time: why didn't you both POST UP !!!
In the 60's and 70's ( and in the 90's ) we posted up 1 game if playing by the game,
so you didn't have to fade the air barrel !
How can anyone play sets without posting up ????
You are asking to get stiffed !!
Ohh, BB. If you're a 'good loser' , you probably lose a lot.
Post up players !

ShootingArts 10-21-2019 02:39 PM

Sucks sometimes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DecentShot (Post 6501356)
The story was good. Just reminds me of all the posters that have been banned. Mr. Wilson has difficulty trimming the weeds without killing a few flowers.


Mr Wilson is retired now. He deserved a rest! As a former Admin and Moderator of other sites I can tell you that it often doesn't please the one doing the deleting or banning to have to enforce the rules. Some jerk that knows how to color inside the lines causes a good guy to trip offline and you have to punish the good guy while giving the jerk a pass. Sometimes hands are tied by site owners too.

Mr Wilson is enjoying being just a poster now.

Hu

DecentShot 10-21-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingArts (Post 6501379)
Mr Wilson is retired now. He deserved a rest! As a former Admin and Moderator of other sites I can tell you that it often doesn't please the one doing the deleting or banning to have to enforce the rules. Some jerk that knows how to color inside the lines causes a good guy to trip offline and you have to punish the good guy while giving the jerk a pass. Sometimes hands are tied by site owners too.

Mr Wilson is enjoying being just a poster now.

Hu

I've seen the lines move depending on who is coloring. I understand being a moderator is a tough job, but there is still a right way and a wrong way to navigate the difficulty. You are one of my favorite posters and I would love to play some bar box sometime. I have no doubt you did a good job in your moderation (an honorable mention goes out to Creedo as well). As far as Mr. Wilson, he always seemed like an out of touch judge who liked the sound of his own gavel, I'm glad he is retired.

pt109 10-21-2019 05:12 PM

Its a small world....about a year after the OP started this thread in Milton FL....
...John Schmidt acquired the moniker Mr 400 in that burg.

ShootingArts 10-21-2019 05:18 PM

lines
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DecentShot (Post 6501424)
I've seen the lines move depending on who is coloring. I understand being a moderator is a tough job, but there is still a right way and a wrong way to navigate the difficulty. You are one of my favorite posters and I would love to play some bar box sometime. I have no doubt you did a good job in your moderation (an honorable mention goes out to Creedo as well). As far as Mr. Wilson, he always seemed like an out of touch judge who liked the sound of his own gavel, I'm glad he is retired....and closer to death. (Was that within the lines?)


I was in a feud on a forum where I was friendly with the forum owner. Rocky the guy I was banging heads with was a minor celebrity. Talking to the owner he said he admired how rocky always managed to walk the line, never quite crossing it. I asked the owner what set the line. After he thought a bit he acknowledged that rocky's posts set the line! I pointed out how ridiculous that was and without being angry or harsh words said my goodbyes to the forum owner, never to return. The owner was a good guy, I liked him, but he was a numbskull!

I have noticed you can be counted on for quality posts. I would be more than happy to meet you and hit a ball or three, or just have a cup of coffee and BS a bit!

Hu

canwin 10-21-2019 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooltablemech (Post 3962)
Eugene Browning............. He came to town with his stakehore/thug 10 or so years ago. It wasn't long before he got a game. He was giving up the 7 ball to one of the best players in town. Eugene played good but not that good. After 2 sets for 400 he was lucky to be even, and quit. Which was fine with the local player, cause he was kinda scared. Then Eugene started telling everybody in the poolroom how they could get the 7 ball. No takers...............The whole time Eugene was there I had been playing Gin for 10 or 20 at the bar away from all the action, but close enough to see it all. AND HEAR IT! After 30 minutes of listening to him tryin to match up...............I hollar at him......"I'll take 15 points back on that 12 foot snooker table!" He responded quick with ............." You bet 100 a game and you got it!" We played with 6 reds, so that 15 points was huge. Especially seeing as how I played on it everyday. I won the first game by 20 points or so...............Then won another by 15 or so. And another to put me up 300. Then Eugene wanted to jack the bet up to 200..............And I beat him just as bad..........So I was up 500. After he talked to his stakehore.......he wanted to bet 300. I won that game 41-2............when he quit. He hollared....F YOU! and he took his stick apart, grabbed his case, and headed to the door. I asked about the 300 for that game...............and him and his stakehore/thug bowed up and said....." Just try and collect it!" We argued for a minute.........then I figured I had 500 of their cash in my pocket so screw'em. :D Plus it was just me, my girlfriend and the dude running the room. So rather than things getting out of hand I let him walk out.........because the guy working told me.....I WILL GET YOUR MONEY IF YOU WANT IT! I told him JUST LET IT GO!........And feel I made a fool of him! But I never forgot about it! Mr. Browning! :mad: :D

You ought to be giving him a thumbs up for letting you rob him!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.