AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mezz United joint Pin??? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=195612)

hwest 07-26-2010 11:33 PM

Mezz United joint Pin???
 
Do you guys know what kind of pin there is in the joint?

RBC 07-27-2010 05:55 AM

The Mezz United pin a a little different than most others, but the specs are basically very close or the same as a 5/16-14. I know that our 5/16-14 inserted shafts will fit on them. It's not exactly the same as the original United shafts, but it's close.

UrackmIcrackm 07-27-2010 05:59 AM

................

KJ Cues 07-27-2010 06:23 AM

The Mezz United Joint is a QR 14 thread.
Any standard 14 thread insert should fit it.

Kim Bye 08-16-2013 04:23 AM

Old thread, but just for fun i just tried my standard Joss shaft on my Mezz with United joint, and that did not work, But the other way - Mezz united joint shaft on a Joss butt works, but it`s an extremely tight fit.
When comparing the threads between Joss and Mezz, The mezz threads seems sharper than the Joss threads.
So It is indeed right to say that the United Joint is Mezz propriatary 5/16x14 thread.

AlexandruM 08-16-2013 04:54 AM

My Deep Impact Shaft from a Mezz Power Break 2, didn't fit on a Joss butt, indeed the Z2 shaft with a 5/16x14 from my Joss cue fit the MP 2 butt.

thubosky 09-05-2013 10:22 AM

I ordered a mezz wx900 with the united joint. Does anyone know if it will fit on my original ob break butt? The brass collar on the ob break shaft is a small one so I'm not sure if it will fit or not?!????

spliced 09-05-2013 10:34 AM

The pilot that sticks out of the Mezz shaft is too long and will not fit into the OB break butt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thubosky (Post 4336470)
I ordered a mezz wx900 with the united joint. Does anyone know if it will fit on my original ob break butt? The brass collar on the ob break shaft is a small one so I'm not sure if it will fit or not?!????


Kim Bye 09-05-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spliced (Post 4336491)
The pilot that sticks out of the Mezz shaft is too long and will not fit into the OB break butt.

But that can be ground down by a cue maker.

jollysailor 06-06-2017 08:17 AM

Just had some brass inserts come in but the united pins could not even go into the inserts which were 5/16-14. Probably due to the difference in the minor diameter. If the brass inserts come with a slightly bigger minor diameter, they may probably fit.

Michael Webb 06-06-2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollysailor (Post 5896316)
Just had some brass inserts come in but the united pins could not even go into the inserts which were 5/16-14. Probably due to the difference in the minor diameter. If the brass inserts come with a slightly bigger minor diameter, they may probably fit.


The standard brass inserts offered are good for 5/16x14 screws that are actually .308 or less in o.d. diameter. Mezz, Black Boar and Tascarella use a full 5/16 screw. .312. The new Joss cues are next at .310. Inserts need to be made according to the spec provided in the screw.

Kim Bye 06-06-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollysailor (Post 5896316)
Just had some brass inserts come in but the united pins could not even go into the inserts which were 5/16-14. Probably due to the difference in the minor diameter. If the brass inserts come with a slightly bigger minor diameter, they may probably fit.

Run a tap through the insert or ream .312" then tap.
Or order brass blanks from Atlas next time and do the threading yourself :smile:

Michael Webb 06-06-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Bye (Post 5896511)
Run a tap through the insert or ream .312"


Are you sure?? :eek::grin-square:

Kim Bye 06-06-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Webb (Post 5896514)
Are you sure?? :eek::grin-square:

Yes I have done that several times with good results.
Say I need a United joint shaft fit a Schon or Joss

Michael Webb 06-06-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Bye (Post 5896516)
Yes I have done that several times with good results.
Say I need a United joint shaft fit a Schon or Joss


Okies. You lost me on the .312 reamer on a .312 screw. It's all good.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.