AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Non Pool Related (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.” (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499793)

Pangit 09-20-2019 08:15 AM

“Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”
 
https://dailytruthreport.com/wp-cont...order-wall.jpg

You can fry and egg on that thing...that Mexico paid for.

President Donald Trump was mocked on Twitter after the commanding general of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers told him it was probably best not to reveal technology being used in newly constructed sections of the U.S.-Mexico border wall.

In a [URL="Trump later signed his name on a section of the wall, which he described as a “world-class security system." video that is going viral for the wrong reasons, Trump on Wednesday boasted to reporters in San Diego’s Otay Mesa area that the wall is “wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.”

He then invited Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the Army chief of engineers, to expand on the details.

But Semonite responded: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”

“OK,” replied Trump. “I like that, that was a great answer. I’ll just tell you, they’re wired.”

Trump later signed his name on a section of the wall, which he described as a “world-class security system.”

JC 09-20-2019 08:30 AM

I thought the wall wasn't being built and yet here it is?

Can't sort through the fake news any more.

Congrats to the troll of shit river for not mentioning bone spurs though. Maybe his TDS is going into remission.

LAMas 09-20-2019 08:49 AM

What does MSM know? They are not wired...weird?

ChicagoRJ 09-20-2019 09:02 AM

Actually, it's good that they know it's wired. Heck, now they won't know if that means electrified or not. Plus, they can't read English, so it will keep them in the dark. Should they climb or not climb. Brilliant.

Oh, the wall is up and it's glorious :)

FairladyZ 09-20-2019 09:07 AM

The destruction of NAFTA = Mexico paying for the wall. Are there walls on pervo island?

WGDave 09-20-2019 09:40 AM

The wall has ears, Pepe.

Sofla 09-20-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairladyZ (Post 6480350)
The destruction of NAFTA = Mexico paying for the wall. Are there walls on pervo island?

The only thing 'destroyed' about NAFTA is its name, if the USMCA ever gets ratified (it has not been voted upon by Congress and NAFTA remains in effect to this day).

If it is ratified, it changes only a few things on the margins, and is over 95% the same as NAFTA, maintaining all of its old provisions except for the few changes.

The few changes, if they are implemented, will not make 'Mexico pay for the wall' in any respect. In fact, it will not move the balance of trade between the US and Mexico at all, SFAIK. It is projected to have basically no effect in that regard. You didn't know that?

Rybord 09-20-2019 10:12 AM

Interior Department transfers 560 acres of federal land to Army for border wall construction

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...l-construction

Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt announced today the transfer of administrative jurisdiction of approximately 560 acres of Federal lands to the U.S. Department of the Army to build roughly 70 miles of border barriers," the statement said.

overlord 09-20-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofla (Post 6480399)
The only thing 'destroyed' about NAFTA is its name, if the USMCA ever gets ratified (it has not been voted upon by Congress and NAFTA remains in effect to this day).

If it is ratified, it changes only a few things on the margins, and is over 95% the same as NAFTA, maintaining all of its old provisions except for the few changes.

The few changes, if they are implemented, will not make 'Mexico pay for the wall' in any respect. In fact, it will not move the balance of trade between the US and Mexico at all, SFAIK. It is projected to have basically no effect in that regard. You didn't know that?

I am still waiting for the 2,500 bucks that Barry promised. Where did they go? At least Trump is doing something.

Sofla 09-20-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlord (Post 6480413)
I am still waiting for the 2,500 bucks that Barry promised. Where did they go? At least Trump is doing something.

PDJT promised $4,500 in average extra wages for workers would result from his tax cut and other business-friendly moves, like clearing out regulations, plus his much smarter :rolleyes: trade war-leveraged trade arrangements.

Where is that nearly 100% larger sum? All I've heard about is that the average household is paying $800 more in costs (so far) from the tariffs, and about 20% of all households got hit with thousands of dollars more in net income taxes on top of that.

-->> you may realize dropping that talking point is a good idea. I say 'may' because I doubt you will, but you really should. It is not a helpful comparison for your position.

Mr. Wilson 09-20-2019 10:30 AM

Who cares if there is merit in not talking about it?

Is this a secret?

You think the cartels don't already have plans to attempt getting past?

Who do you suppose they are worried about knowing what "wired" means?
A swimmer?

ChicagoRJ 09-20-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofla (Post 6480419)
PDJT promised $4,500 in average extra wages for workers would result from his tax cut and other business-friendly moves, like clearing out regulations, plus his much smarter :rolleyes: trade war-leveraged trade arrangements.

.

yeah, the tends of thousands of dollars all those employed folks now make. Oh, the horrors. That must really piss you off.

The trade war with China. No biggie. Someone had to finally stand up to them. You think Obama has the stones. Of course not. Oh, we might pay more for crap from a country I don't buy shit from.... good.

The wife came home with new knives last Saturday. Chicago Cutlery. A whole set, with a wood block. I said where were those made? She said it's Chicago Cutlery? Yeah, so? Turn the box upside down, and made in China. Back to the store they went. I said, you know you find some nice knives made in USA, Germany or Austria.

So, i'm glad everyone is paying more for shit from China. Now, they can stop it and buy their stuff NOT from the child labor and slave labor capital of the fuggin world. Oh, wait, dems have to take a stand for the less fortunate... NOT bloody likely.

WGDave 09-20-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ (Post 6480442)
yeah, the tends of thousands of dollars all those employed folks now make. Oh, the horrors. That must really piss you off.

The trade war with China. No biggie. Someone had to finally stand up to them. You think Obama has the stones. Of course not. Oh, we might pay more for crap from a country I don't buy shit from.... good.

The wife came home with new knives last Saturday. Chicago Cutlery. A whole set, with a wood block. I said where were those made? She said it's Chicago Cutlery? Yeah, so? Turn the box upside down, and made in China. Back to the store they went. I said, you know you find some nice knives made in USA, Germany or Austria.

So, i'm glad everyone is paying more for shit from China. Now, they can stop it and buy their stuff NOT from the child labor and slave labor capital of the fuggin world. Oh, wait, dems have to take a stand for the less fortunate... NOT bloody likely.

You need to take over the whole knife buying thing from the wife.

Never buy those crappy sets. Buy your knives separately, and spend more money on the ones you use frequently. Start a thread on it and you will be surprised by all good information you will receive.

Just tell the wife she’s fired...she’ll be happy in the end. :wink:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.