AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Ask The Instructor (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Looking for an Instructor? Go here... (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=263402)

FranCrimi 02-08-2012 08:41 AM

Looking for an Instructor? Go here...
 
This is the easiest way to search for a BCA credentialed instructor nearest to you. Just fill in the search details. We're all listed here.

http://playbetterbilliards.com/

Mark Avlon 02-08-2012 11:56 AM

$ticky
 
Mods, please make this a sticky.

derangedhermit 02-08-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FranCrimi (Post 3444288)
This is the easiest way to search for a BCA credentialed instructor nearest to you. Just fill in the search details. We're all listed here.

http://playbetterbilliards.com/

The shortness of the lists of instructors at each level in the state of Texas surprises me.:confused: (12 entry level, 3, 1, 4; total 20)

randyg 02-09-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derangedhermit (Post 3445105)
The shortness of the lists of instructors at each level in the state of Texas surprises me.:confused: (12 entry level, 3, 1, 4; total 20)



Yes, me too. The list may be short, but powerful.

It is a gift to teach, not all whom attend this Pool School will qualify. I think alot of our Instructor Candidates are surprised by the amount of work they have to do.

randyg

BobN 02-09-2012 10:43 PM

Just checked the PBIA list. I sent Rob and email to change my State listing. He had me in Arizona instead of Arkansas. I guess, from what I can see, I'm the only PBIA Instructor in Arkansas. That also surprised me. I know several people from AR have been to RandyG's school. I was really shocked to see that I was the only Cert. Inst. from here. Honestly, I'm in the middle of Nowhere, AR... we need more instructors in more populated areas in the state.

chris2669 02-10-2012 05:29 AM

Man wish their was someone in Okinawa Japan. I have time to run through a course here. Have not ever had time at bases in the states

Scott Lee 02-10-2012 03:41 PM

Chris...Contact Leslie Rogers in Tokyo. He is a master instructor who runs a school there that will fit your needs.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris2669 (Post 3447316)
Man wish their was someone in Okinawa Japan. I have time to run through a course here. Have not ever had time at bases in the states


scottjen26 02-10-2012 06:00 PM

What's involved in getting certified these days? I ran into someone a few years ago who I think went to a 2 or 3 day school of some sort, then paid extra I think to get certified in the process.

I'm not too hung up on it - I know what I know whether I'm certified or not, I'm sure I would learn a few different techniques going through the process though. I've read and studied a ton over the years and have had very good success with students in pool and other sports I've taught. I teach official lessons occasionally but usually just help out local players for free an hour here and there. I just know that if I ever had the time to dedicate more hours to it, a lot of people like seeing that certification... :)

Scott

FranCrimi 02-10-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottjen26 (Post 3448570)
What's involved in getting certified these days? I ran into someone a few years ago who I think went to a 2 or 3 day school of some sort, then paid extra I think to get certified in the process.

I'm not too hung up on it - I know what I know whether I'm certified or not, I'm sure I would learn a few different techniques going through the process though. I've read and studied a ton over the years and have had very good success with students in pool and other sports I've taught. I teach official lessons occasionally but usually just help out local players for free an hour here and there. I just know that if I ever had the time to dedicate more hours to it, a lot of people like seeing that certification... :)

Scott

Hey Scott, that same web site will tell you what you need to do to become an accredited instructor.

scottjen26 02-10-2012 06:26 PM

Great, thanks, I'll check it out.
Scott

chris2669 02-10-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Lee (Post 3448378)
Chris...Contact Leslie Rogers in Tokyo. He is a master instructor who runs a school there that will fit your needs.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I wish that would be a easy fix. I am not on mainland Japan. Long ways away from that. Lol. Thanks for info though

Bob Jewett 02-15-2012 02:51 PM

Bump for newcomers.

DrCue'sProtege 10-15-2019 05:02 PM

Bumping in case there is any new info out there.

r/DCP

Scott Lee 10-19-2019 05:48 PM

The "new" thing is the SPF National Pool School Tour, Mike. You should be coming to the Chicago tour stop, which starts Monday morning.

Scott Lee
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrCue'sProtege (Post 6497326)
Bumping in case there is any new info out there.

r/DCP



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.