AzBilliards.com
Page 3 of 4 123 4

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   what cues are saving up for ? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=513020)

animatedvmaker 06-03-2020 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sealegs50 (Post 6664688)
The last cue I had to save money to buy was almost 50 years ago in college. I have had several very nice cues since then, but none of them involved making a choice between daily needs and owning the cue. There are too many good, low priced, possibly used cues out there.

Some cues just so rarely come available for sale on the used market though, like Mike Durbin cues for example. There is a cue maker that may not be as well known as the top 10 cues makers, or whatever, but his cues hit amazing, and are super nice, in my opinion.

Probably a long waiting list for a custom build, directly from Durbin too.

animatedvmaker 06-03-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderWeb (Post 6664793)
I just put a down stroke on a jackpot.

I would love to have a Jackpot cue someday. I have heard that they are the best hitting cues ever made.

animatedvmaker 06-03-2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by book collector (Post 6664799)
I have a closet full of cues if anybody is looking, I am getting completely out of the pool business and taking up knitting. Wish I had done it 50 years ago, think of how many sweaters I could have .

Book collecting seems very interesting. Just watched the Ninth Gate the other day. Great Roman Polanski film.

Sorry for the NPR post.

animatedvmaker 06-03-2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by book collector (Post 6664799)
I have a closet full of cues if anybody is looking, I am getting completely out of the pool business and taking up knitting. Wish I had done it 50 years ago, think of how many sweaters I could have .

Book collecting seems very interesting. Just watched the Ninth Gate again (for the umteenth time) the other day. Great Roman Polanski film.

Sorry for the NPR post.

Straightpool_99 06-03-2020 05:25 AM

I always wanted a Southwest. I like the prestige, it's probably not going to be worth it by any stretch of the imagination. I always thought the day I consider myself a real player, I'd buy one as a reward for myself for reaching my goals. The day I finally run 200 in straight pool, or the day my Fargorate reaches 700. Neither seem very likely at the moment. Just as well, I'd suppose, as I don't have the 5k needed, much less 20 years to wait.

Straightpool_99 06-03-2020 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animatedvmaker (Post 6665570)
Book collecting seems very interesting. Just watched the Ninth Gate again (for the umteenth time) the other day. Great Roman Polanski film.

Sorry for the NPR post.

I'm a fan of that movie as well. Everyone always rags on it, but I like it.

garczar 06-03-2020 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animatedvmaker (Post 6665562)
Some cues just so rarely come available for sale on the used market though, like Mike Durbin cues for example. There is a cue maker that may not be as well known as the top 10 cues makers, or whatever, but his cues hit amazing, and are super nice, in my opinion.

Probably a long waiting list for a custom build, directly from Durbin too.

Mike is a soybean farmer half the year so his wait times can be long. Super nice guy who makes REALLY nice stuff.

RunEmOut08 06-03-2020 05:35 AM

not saving currently but would love to own a Black Boar someday

garczar 06-03-2020 06:01 AM

My new cue is a Scotty Cameron putter. Since i got my Mezz w/HP1 shaft and R. Roper extension i'm done lookin at cues. Only cue i'd even consider would be a Garten Bierbower. A friend just got one and its as nice a steel-joint cue as i've ever seen and i've owned a bunch.

David in FL 06-03-2020 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6665624)
My new cue is a Scotty Cameron putter.

Nice! Fortunately, you can get those for about the price of a mid-range McDermott. :smile:

If my golf buddies, who think golf clubs are expensive, ever knew what we pay for a freaking pool cue, they’d throw up! :D

garczar 06-03-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL (Post 6665664)
Nice! Fortunately, you can get those for about the price of a mid-range McDermott. :smile:

If my golf buddies, who think golf clubs are expensive, ever knew what we pay for a freaking pool cue, they’d throw up! :D

Mine came out of his Design Studio. Just a TAD more $$$ than a Titleist Scotty. Not braggin', just fact.

David in FL 06-03-2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6665703)
Mine came out of his Design Studio. Just a TAD more $$$ than a Titleist Scotty. Not braggin', just fact.

Ok, mid-range Predator. :D

Sweet! Let’s see a pic!

garczar 06-03-2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL (Post 6665711)
Ok, mid-range Predator. :D

Sweet! Let’s see a pic!

https://www.scottycameron.com/putter...ct/flowback-5/ About $500. Had a few tweaks done.

RunEmOut08 06-03-2020 07:48 AM

I have used the custom shop a number of times. Here are some (not all) of the scottys I use the most. Would be great if cues were in putter price range. Would need a really rare Circle T to touch most cue prices

https://i.imgur.com/upedXD6.jpg

johnnysd 06-03-2020 02:23 PM

Currently saving up for a Josh Treadway and a Paul Drexler cue that are being made.