AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Niels takes the fifth........... (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=501094)

garczar 10-17-2019 06:10 AM

Niels takes the fifth...........
 
Spot that is. He rounds-out the Euro squad. Looks like Marcus went for experience. Niels is a tough customer.

jay helfert 10-17-2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6498213)
Spot that is. He rounds-out the Euro squad. Looks like Marcus went for experience. Niels is a tough customer.

I have a bad feeling that Team USA is in for a long week. Hoping for the best but even a competitive match will be welcome.

Nostroke 10-17-2019 06:28 AM

So now that we have the fields, what odds have the English Bookies listed?

garczar 10-17-2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostroke (Post 6498229)
So now that we have the fields, what odds have the English Bookies listed?

Opening line i saw was: EU -233, US +162

Nostroke 10-17-2019 06:49 AM

Found them


Team Europe
1/2
Team USA
13/8

AtLarge 10-17-2019 10:09 AM

but, but, but .............. they don't know yet whether it will be Deuel or Eberle on our team. :confused:

Black-Balled 10-17-2019 10:22 AM

It has always struck me as odd that Niels does not get the recognition I believe he is due.

He is one of the most successful players out there, with top shelf palmares, spanning decades.

He is a well-rounded player, too. Plays all games at a VERY high level.

garczar 10-17-2019 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtLarge (Post 6498412)
but, but, but .............. they don't know yet whether it will be Deuel or Eberle on our team. :confused:

Don't think they care either.

BRussell 10-17-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay helfert (Post 6498225)
I have a bad feeling that Team USA is in for a long week. Hoping for the best but even a competitive match will be welcome.

Team Europe is only one person different from last year: Replace Ouschan with Filler. Of course, Filler is the hottest player in the world right now, but Ouschan was Europe's strongest player last year, so there's not a huge difference in teams.

Team Europe last year
Kaci
Ouschan
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

Team Europe this year
Kaci
Filler
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

strmanglr scott 10-17-2019 10:39 AM

I feel the US has a real shot at it. Some of the small things go their way and it's ours I think.

May e just wishful thinking but I thought overall, w the exception of a couple breakdowns we performed fairly well last year.

AtLarge 10-17-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRussell (Post 6498438)
Team Europe is only one person different from last year: Replace Ouschan with Filler. Of course, Filler is the hottest player in the world right now, but Ouschan was Europe's strongest player last year, so there's not a huge difference in teams.

Team Europe last year
Kaci
Ouschan
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

Team Europe this year
Kaci
Filler
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

And Team USA will either be the same as last year or differ by just one player (Eberle instead of Deuel).

evergruven 10-17-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-Balled (Post 6498432)
It has always struck me as odd that Niels does not get the recognition I believe he is due.

He is one of the most successful players out there, with top shelf palmares, spanning decades.

He is a well-rounded player, too. Plays all games at a VERY high level.

utterly agree
niels is a boss..a pro's pro who's btw snapped off world champs

ps what's palmares? did niels spend time in a brazilian fugitive community?

S.Vaskovskyi 10-17-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRussell (Post 6498438)
Team Europe is only one person different from last year: Replace Ouschan with Filler. Of course, Filler is the hottest player in the world right now, but Ouschan was Europe's strongest player last year, so there's not a huge difference in teams.

Team Europe last year
Kaci
Ouschan
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

Team Europe this year
Kaci
Filler
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

I have a feeling that is one of the reasons Marcus Chamat has picked Niels but not Ralf because those players who lost last year are so hungry for a revenge...Niels is such a character and it makes this MC even more exciting;).

Black-Balled 10-17-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evergruven (Post 6498681)
utterly agree
niels is a boss..a pro's pro who's btw snapped off world champs

ps what's palmares? did niels spend time in a brazilian fugitive community?

Its a malaprop.

jay helfert 10-17-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRussell (Post 6498438)
Team Europe is only one person different from last year: Replace Ouschan with Filler. Of course, Filler is the hottest player in the world right now, but Ouschan was Europe's strongest player last year, so there's not a huge difference in teams.

Team Europe last year
Kaci
Ouschan
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

Team Europe this year
Kaci
Filler
Feijen
Kazakis
Shaw

A pretty strong team when you have no room for Thorsten. Seems like he always gets the short end of the stick with Team Europe.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:08 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.