AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 10 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Non Pool Related (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=499554)

HawaiianEye 09-14-2019 11:32 PM

BBC Tells Schoolchildren There Are ‘over 100’ Genders

Total insanity from the other side of the pond.

https://www.breitbart.com/education/...r-100-genders/

overlord 09-15-2019 07:00 AM

100 that is freaky.

Alan 09-15-2019 07:12 AM

they didn't name them, but I suppose you could coin at least one of them as "freaky". They should have a naming contest for the other 99+

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlord (Post 6477496)
100 that is freaky.

Chopdoc 09-15-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

BBC is indulging in the “propagation of misinformation,”
They didn't say over 100 genders. They said over 100 gender identities.

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Do people really deny this is going on?

Alan 09-15-2019 07:49 AM

It's way too complicated for me. I'm lucky that I have only one sex and one gender. At least I think I know my gender. I keep hearing about gender fluid, so I hope I don't leak and get all confused some day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477522)

How is that misinformation? I don't know the number, but certainly there is a large number.

Mr. Wilson 09-15-2019 03:05 PM

Name them.

But humor us. Use fish.

I'll wait

JC 09-15-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477522)

Gender identity itself is misinformation by nature so of course this is nonsense.

Call yourself whatever you like but if you have a dick I'm calling you Mr. And vice versa.

jason 09-15-2019 04:30 PM

I'm a dog that likes kittys.

Chopdoc 09-15-2019 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477758)
Gender identity itself is misinformation by nature so of course this is nonsense.

Call yourself whatever you like but if you have a dick I'm calling you Mr. And vice versa.

Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.

Chopdoc 09-15-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477758)
Gender identity itself is misinformation ...

Are you saying you have misidentified your gender?

JC 09-15-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopdoc (Post 6477773)
Yet you can't deny the are a number of ways people identify. That's a fact.

The limitations of your understanding don't change that.

I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.

memikey 09-16-2019 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 6477783)
I deny that the way people identify means anything other than maybe a scream out for some mental health care.

Yes there are some messed up minds. But this doesn't alter gender. If you think that's a weak understanding capability on my part that's your prerogative. Not really much matter on my end.

Hopefully those commenting have actually watched the whole film in question (it's quite short). It's just one one of a large number of teaching aids on assorted subjects offered to schools etc.
The thread title is fake/untrue. No child in the Uk is being taught that in a literal sense there are any more than the two basic 'genders', let alone over 100.

It is a fact (not a misinformation), whether any of us are comfortable with it or not, that there are lots of people who have their own perceptions of what their "gender identity" is, irrespective of which sex organs they have. The existence of such people/perceptions is what kids are actually being taught. I've no idea if there are more than 100 variations on those identity perceptions and it doesn't really matter anyway what the correct number is, though I would suspect that the highlighted teacher concerned was in this instance almost certainly just carelessly exaggerating in loose conversational terms.

Such gender conflicted people and their perceptions of themselves are not going to magically cease to exist. So kids are inevitably going to encounter such people as they grow up and it's also inevitable that some kids themselves will grow up with such self-perceptions just as many kids have for centuries. Seems to me that the film in question (which mainly deals with questions kids do actually ask their teachers) is potentially a pretty useful teaching aid as far as the answering of such questions go....and on a wider scale therefore also useful to at least help kids deal with their encounters with such people.

I'm a bit old fashioned myself and sometimes wonder if in today's world hermaphrodites are possibly the least gender conflicted group of all lol...….but unless the Taliban land a contract for organising schooling, I can't really see the day when teachers (in either USA or UK) are going to be using teaching aids which help them inform kids that if they come across anyone who doesn't self identify as male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with, that can only be because they are in need of mental health care.........and I'm not sure that even a dinosaur like me would be entirely comfortable with that explanation of the subject being given by anyone to any related questions my grandkids were to ask :)

Mr. Wilson 09-16-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memikey (Post 6477935)
Hopefully those commenting have actually watched the whole film in question (it's quite short). It's just one one of a large number of teaching aids on assorted subjects offered to schools etc.
The thread title is fake/untrue. No child in the Uk is being taught that in a literal sense there are any more than the two basic 'genders', let alone over 100.

It is a fact (not a misinformation), whether any of us are comfortable with it or not, that there are lots of people who have their own perceptions of what their "gender identity" is, irrespective of which sex organs they have. The existence of such people/perceptions is what kids are actually being taught. I've no idea if there are more than 100 variations on those identity perceptions and it doesn't really matter anyway what the correct number is, though I would suspect that the highlighted teacher concerned was in this instance almost certainly just carelessly exaggerating in loose conversational terms.

Such gender conflicted people and their perceptions of themselves are not going to magically cease to exist. So kids are inevitably going to encounter such people as they grow up and it's also inevitable that some kids themselves will grow up with such self-perceptions just as many kids have for centuries. Seems to me that the film in question (which mainly deals with questions kids do actually ask their teachers) is potentially a pretty useful teaching aid as far as the answering of such questions go....and on a wider scale therefore also useful to at least help kids deal with their encounters with such people.

I'm a bit old fashioned myself and sometimes wonder if in today's world hermaphrodites are possibly the least gender conflicted group of all lol...….but unless the Taliban land a contract for organising schooling, I can't really see the day when teachers (in either USA or UK) are going to be using teaching aids which help them inform kids that if they come across anyone who doesn't self identify as male or female in strict accordance with the sex organs they were born with, that can only be because they are in need of mental health care.........and I'm not sure that even a dinosaur like me would be entirely comfortable with that explanation of the subject being given by anyone to any related questions my grandkids were to ask :)

Mike:

Do you or not see their dysphoria as a mental health issue?

bobco729 09-16-2019 10:44 AM

I only know the first three male, female and halucinated made up mentally insane fake b.s.

FairladyZ 09-16-2019 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This says it all...............