AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   what cues are saving up for ? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=513020)

MANPUSS 06-01-2020 09:39 PM

what cues are saving up for ?

or you might just not have to save up lol .

i need to stop looking at cues , one i liked i had to back out because my chihuahua
needs surgery to remove some bad teeth . and that is 1,500 dollars . but she is more important then a pool cue / furbabies are family she is 14 ,

and i know some hurt and she cant tell they hurt but she wont let me touch her mouth and you can smell a little rotten smell . this popped up this week . im thinking on abcesed and broke open . she is on pain meds til i can get her in .

im gonna try to save up for a bushka or gus . i know , but if dream dream big .

i will get there and if other med problems arise family first .

ive babbled enough , what are you looking to buy or save for ??

David in FL 06-01-2020 09:49 PM

I知 not saving for any right now, I just got the cue that I値l probably be buried with.

But I wanted to applaud you for taking care of your poor pooch. I lost my little black schnauzer a couple of years ago and I知 still not over it. :(

Good on ya...!

edwu 06-01-2020 10:42 PM

Would love to own a Szamboti someday, wonder what they hit like?

Thunder Thighs 06-02-2020 12:04 AM

I知 not very good at saving. :o

gregnice37 06-02-2020 12:06 AM

I wouldn't say I'm saving for any cue. I do have money set aside if the gentleman that owns my old Finelli decides to let me purchase it back from him.

cuesblues 06-02-2020 01:20 AM

I've purchased quite a few cues since the pandemic, and have only been able to hit four of them.
I'm sure there is a Holy Grail in there somewhere, I have one on the way that's a
candidate for Holy Grail, so I'm not looking or saving up for cues.

MANPUSS 06-02-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuesblues (Post 6664626)
I've purchased quite a few cues since the pandemic, and have only been able to hit four of them.
I'm sure there is a Holy Grail in there somewhere, I have one on the way that's a
candidate for Holy Grail, so I'm not looking or saving up for cues.

dude from your list you got the block covered

HNTFSH 06-02-2020 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL (Post 6664600)
I知 not saving for any right now, I just got the cue that I値l probably be buried with.

But I wanted to applaud you for taking care of your poor pooch. I lost my little black schnauzer a couple of years ago and I知 still not over it. :(

Good on ya...!

X2 on both fronts. I like to look but am more into de-clutter mode than buy more mode.

cuesblues 06-02-2020 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MANPUSS (Post 6664631)
dude from your list you got the block covered

Cues have popped up lately I had to have, and I have no idea why..
A rare hard to find sought after cue becomes available by someone I know,, good price, I gotta have it.
One day I will get bored and list it for sale, then buy something else.
Round & round, and everyone wants to trade.

Nullus 06-02-2020 04:24 AM

Hope your puppy gets better. As for the cues, I dream from time to time about a few. I would love to own one of the original Runde Schons. Aside from that, in an alternate reality I'd love to own a Hercek cue, but saving enough to own one will probably never happen in my tax bracket.

Sealegs50 06-02-2020 04:53 AM

The last cue I had to save money to buy was almost 50 years ago in college. I have had several very nice cues since then, but none of them involved making a choice between daily needs and owning the cue. There are too many good, low priced, possibly used cues out there.

Type79 06-02-2020 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregnice37 (Post 6664621)
I wouldn't say I'm saving for any cue. I do have money set aside if the gentleman that owns my old Fanelli decides to let me purchase it back from him.

Watch the obituaries. After I board the bus, you can contact my next of kin. Your cue is in the lead box with the label "The most special I cue I owned." :-)

CocoboloCowboy 06-02-2020 05:58 AM

Cues no, 1 X 2 Hustler Case with Pocket from Danko.

SpiderWeb 06-02-2020 07:19 AM

I just put a down stroke on a jackpot.

garczar 06-02-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiderWeb (Post 6664793)
I just put a down stroke on a jackpot.

Niiiiiice.