AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 9 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   RDS 100 CHALLENGE Enter for Free and Win Prizes (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=515632)

dr_dave 07-27-2020 08:07 AM

RDS 100 CHALLENGE Enter for Free and Win Prizes
 
FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating a score-based version of the Runout Drill System (RDS), consisting of a set of 16 break-and-run challenges of increasing levels of difficulty. In the scored version of RDS (RDS 100), you run through one rack at each level, starting with 100 points and deducting points left on the table after each miss or foul. Check it out:



As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests. I also hope you decide to enter the Challenge and try to beat my 77.

Good luck,
Dave

PS: Official entries are due by August 31, 2020.

johnnysd 07-27-2020 09:33 AM

Wish I could do this but no access to a pool table maybe until 2021

dr_dave 07-27-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 6709323)
Wish I could do this but no access to a pool table maybe until 2021

Bummer. Let's keep our fingers crossed that a vaccine comes out soon. Let's also hope the US does a better job at controlling the virus than it has the last 4-5 months. The US infection and death rate trends have been terrible lately, compared to most other countries in the world.

Regards,
Dave

johnnysd 07-27-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709330)
Bummer. Let's keep our fingers crossed that a vaccine comes out soon. Let's also hope the US does a better job at controlling the virus than it has the last 4-5 months. The US infection and death rate trends have been terrible lately, compared to most other countries in the world.

Regards,
Dave

Agree. I am sort of mentally prepared for January at the earliest. Have a new cue coming soon and I won't even be able to try it. It's a very cool series

dr_dave 07-27-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 6709333)
Agree. I am sort of mentally prepared for January at the earliest. Have a new cue coming soon and I won't even be able to try it. It's a very cool series

That would be awesome if things could start returning to "normal" by January, but I worry that is very optimistic (unless we can do a better job shutting down the virus with better distancing, mask wearing, and ramped up testing, contact tracing, and isolation).

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave 07-27-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709230)
FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating a score-based version of the Runout Drill System (RDS), consisting of a set of 16 break-and-run challenges of increasing levels of difficulty. In the scored version of RDS (RDS 100), you run through one rack at each level, starting with 100 points and deducting points left on the table after each miss or foul. Check it out:



As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests. I also hope you decide to enter the Challenge and try to beat my 77.

Good luck,
Dave

Does anybody think they will enter the Challenge? It doesn't cost anything and you can win valuable prizes (even if you don't score high).

Good luck,
Dave

peppersauce 07-27-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709560)
Does anybody think they will enter the Challenge? It doesn't cost anything and you can win valuable prizes (even if you don't score high).

Good luck,
Dave

I plan to give it a shot. Im going to start doing this for practice anyway so might as well record it. Who knows, I might be able to put up a halfway decent score with some effort.

dr_dave 07-27-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppersauce (Post 6709714)
I plan to give it a shot. Im going to start doing this for practice anyway so might as well record it. Who knows, I might be able to put up a halfway decent score with some effort.

Cool. I look forward to seeing how high you can score. Do you think 100 is a realistic goal?

Good luck,
Dave

peppersauce 07-27-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709772)
Do you think 100 is a realistic goal?

Good luck,
Dave

Im sure it is for someone. :lol:

I suspect Id have to be playing over my head and get really lucky with layouts to get into the 90s.

dr_dave 07-28-2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peppersauce (Post 6709785)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709772)
Do you think 100 is a realistic goal?

Im sure it is for someone. :lol:

I suspect Id have to be playing over my head and get really lucky with layouts to get into the 90s.

I feel the same way; but on a really great day, with all planets aligning, and with a luck of luck, I think 100 could happen for me.

Catch you later,
Dave

gregcantrall 07-28-2020 07:34 AM

My attention span is not long enough to take on this challenge.

I would be more inclined to play 9 racks of 3 ball. For a short course equivalent of golf, with 4 being par each time.

It would be interesting for me to see how Fargo rate compares to a par score.

td873 07-28-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709230)
FYI, I just posted a new video demonstrating a score-based version of the Runout Drill System (RDS), consisting of a set of 16 break-and-run challenges of increasing levels of difficulty. In the scored version of RDS (RDS 100), you run through one rack at each level, starting with 100 points and deducting points left on the table after each miss or foul. Check it out:

Gave RDS a try last night. Ended up at 70 last. Went into the last 2 racks @90 and feeling OK about chances, but then lost 8 points on Level 15 [flubbed an easy ball] and lost 12 points on level 16 [unfortunate break but then bad decisions on top of that]. Made a few rookie mistakes along the way, but the big issue was concentration at the end.

I think 100 is doable for top tier. But, but like most of the BU Exams, I would require a few lucky rolls.

-td

dr_dave 07-28-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td873 (Post 6709938)
Gave RDS a try last night. Ended up at 70 last. Went into the last 2 racks @90 and feeling OK about chances, but then lost 8 points on Level 15 [flubbed an easy ball] and lost 12 points on level 16 [unfortunate break but then bad decisions on top of that]. Made a few rookie mistakes along the way, but the big issue was concentration at the end.

I hope you post a video at some point for an official entry. 70 is a good score, especially so soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by td873 (Post 6709938)
I think 100 is doable for top tier. But, but like most of the BU Exams, I would require a few lucky rolls.

I think 100 is extremely tough in BU Exams I-III, even by a top pro, but a 100 on Exam IV (RDS) is definitely within reach by mere mortals.

Good luck,
Dave

td873 07-28-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_dave (Post 6709991)
I hope you post a video at some point for an official entry. 70 is a good score, especially so soon.

I think 100 is extremely tough in BU Exams I-III, even by a top pro, but a 100 on Exam IV (RDS) is definitely within reach by mere mortals.

Good luck,
Dave

I'm going to post it up. It takes a bit of time to process these longer vids.

[EDIT: I may also give it another try today if work lets up]

-td

dr_dave 07-28-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by td873 (Post 6709999)
I'm going to post it up. It takes a bit of time to process these longer vids.

[EDIT: I may also give it another try today if work lets up]

-td

Sounds good. I might also try again over the next few days. It is fun ... and excellent practice.

Catch you later,
Dave


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:11 PM.
Page 1 of 9 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.