AzBilliards.com
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dennis O vs Bergman (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=516021)

gordml 08-04-2020 02:30 AM

Dennis O vs Bergman
 
I heard a rumor they are playing 10 ball race to 60.
Can anyone confirm it?

Drew 08-04-2020 03:06 AM

Haven't heard anything, but if Justin's in action it'll get posted to The Player's Club on facebook

Johnny Rosato 08-04-2020 03:59 AM

Dennis Orcollo vs Justin Bergman ~ Aug 5th and 6th.
They're supposed to play here Aug 5th and 6th at Poppa G's Billiards
in Pelham Alabama, (Birmingham). $5000 challenge match - 10 Ball, race to 60.
I still haven't heard if it's on 9' or BB's. Limited capacity at venue but
it will be live streamed - Hot Seat Billiards.

https://www.facebook.com/PoppaGsPelh...g&__tn__=EHH-R

LHP5 08-04-2020 04:49 AM

AZ home page says it's a race to 60 10-ball on a bar box. Hope it's on a regular table, but still should be good.

alstl 08-04-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LHP5 (Post 6714999)
AZ home page says it's a race to 60 10-ball on a bar box. Hope it's on a regular table, but still should be good.

Barbox would benefit Bergman.

TATE 08-04-2020 08:45 AM

It's a barbox.

spartan 08-04-2020 09:52 AM

Well at least they price the stream according to size of table
$10 per day/ $16 for 2 days

;)


https://scontent.fkul16-1.fna.fbcdn....a2&oe=5F504CC9

jrctherake 08-04-2020 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan (Post 6715276)
Well at least they price the stream according to size of table
$10 per day/ $16 for 2 days

;)


https://scontent.fkul16-1.fna.fbcdn....a2&oe=5F504CC9

IMO...

Since it's on a BABY BOX they should be changing baby prices.

I don't mind watching shortstops or A speed players on bar boxes but top tier pros????

It's to much chanc for a snooze fest.

Their level of play should be on a 9' or bigger.

I doubt very seriously that TheHotSeat has a say so about anything outside of streaming.

Same with Poppas, so it must be the players that decided on a bar box.

jrctherake 08-04-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alstl (Post 6715158)
Barbox would benefit Bergman.

I've not kept up with anything pool lately, but if they are the same speeds they were the last time I seen both play, the bigger the table the bigger the advantage Dennis would have.

Like I said, I've been "out of pool" for a bit, so I can't say without doubt on this match.

jokrswylde 08-04-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrctherake (Post 6715329)
IMO...

Since it's on a BABY BOX they should be changing baby prices.

I don't mind watching shortstops or A speed players on bar boxes but top tier pros????

It's to much chanc for a snooze fest.

Their level of play should be on a 9' or bigger.

I doubt very seriously that TheHotSeat has a say so about anything outside of streaming.

Same with Poppas, so it must be the players that decided on a bar box.

Shoot, after this 'rona mess, I am just thrilled to see pros in action. I don't care if it is on a 7, 9, or 12 footer. Heck I would watch them play on a kitchen table at this point. The FR are pretty close 816-793, and I don't know of any player that gets in action more than Bergman right now. Should be a fun match.

Charlie Hustle 08-04-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alstl (Post 6715158)
Barbox would benefit Bergman.

My thoughts exactly. ;)

Charlie Hustle 08-04-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokrswylde (Post 6715482)
Shoot, after this 'rona mess, I am just thrilled to see pros in action. I don't care if it is on a 7, 9, or 12 footer. Heck I would watch them play on a kitchen table at this point. The FR are pretty close 816-793, and I don't know of any player that gets in action more than Bergman right now. Should be a fun match.

I agree with you as well. Bergman has been taking on all comers, in different games, tables, races, etc.

sjm 08-04-2020 04:52 PM

I give Justin a slight edge here. The fact that his break is weaker than that of Dennis is much less of a problem on the small tables, and Justin's experience in dealing with the extra traffic typically presented will help him. Tactical play should be about even, as both must be counted as top ten in the world strategists.

It's a different game on a bar box, and bar box specialists like Corey Deuel, Skyler Woodward and Justin Bergman are super-tough to beat. A generation ago, Dave Matlock and Danny Medina were, similarly, tougher to beat on the bar box than on the nine footers.

Good luck to both of these fine players.

iusedtoberich 08-04-2020 04:56 PM

What would you guys say is a fair line on a 9 footer for this game, and then what would you say is a fair line for 7 footer for this game? Game line, not money line.

I have my own opinion and will state it once a few answers come back:)

sjm 08-04-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iusedtoberich (Post 6715710)
What would you guys say is a fair line on a 9 footer for this game, and then what would you say is a fair line for 7 footer for this game? Game line, not money line.

I have my own opinion and will state it once a few answers come back:)

On a nine footer, Dennis -5

On a seven footer, Bergman -3


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 AM.
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.