AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Talk To A Mechanic (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   RKC250 Billiard Adhesive (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=486957)

trentfromtoledo 01-10-2019 06:32 PM

RKC250 Billiard Adhesive
 
I am working at Racktime here in Toledo recovering their 13- Diamonds. I am using RKC250 for the first time. Here are my thoughts on the product:

1. Smell is totally tolerable.
2. It goes a VERY long way.
3. It works on top of Parabond M250 and Fastbond N10.
4. It holds as good as Fastbond N10(<<-- what I switched from )
5. It cures VERY consistent.
6. The can has a nice seal that says cut, I did not cut it out. I pried the seal out and resealed it with it, and capped it up when I was done.
7. I could use other products that are cheaper, but, I want to support Glen for all he has contributed to our industry and for the
100's of hours on the phone over the last 6 years.
I have officially switched all of my commercial installations and recovers to using RKC250. No more staples on bedcloths.

Dick at Billiard Wholesalers has it ready to ship in quarts and gallons. Get yourself some!

Trent from Toledo



https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...cb&oe=5CBE44B7

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...bc&oe=5CC46998

CuesDirectly 01-11-2019 06:54 AM

Good man Trent, great post.


AZBilliards needs more people like you.

trentfromtoledo 01-11-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuesDirectly (Post 6305634)
Good man Trent, great post.
AZBilliards needs more people like you.

Thanks Dave! I realized from a recent situation that
I had learned some bad behaviors from people
I don't like or want to name. I am a Professional and
I decided I had better act like one. There will be no
more fighting or drama coming from this guy.

My business is growing so fast and I am so happy
doing what I am doing. I can't let anyone ruin that
and you can bet I surely have some haters out there :)

It has been super quiet on here lately, but, in my
opinion it is far better than fighting an people
putting one another down. I also would like to
take this time to apologize to anyone I have been
a jerk to, it was not my intention, I am just passionate
about this business and can see my errors from the past.


Day 2 of using the new adhesive:

1. the set time is fast.
2. the working time is so good, I left a pocket
un-upholstered for 2 hours, cut it in thinking I
would have to add more adhesive, NOT!! I cut my tabs and wrapped them under and they stuck perfectly.
3. I am gonna estimate I will get at least 10-
7' tables out of the gallon. I will report back on this one.

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ac&oe=5CD43F96

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...37&oe=5CC327DB

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...24&oe=5CB889B1

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...de&oe=5CC53F5F

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ca&oe=5CD1D4AA

Lawnboy77 01-11-2019 05:50 PM

Yes, looks great! Are you guys able to cover the rails with that adhesive? It would seem to me that would be great answer for those commercials rails that are “Stapled out” from many years of cloth replacements, which is one of my problems with my Anniversary rails.

trentfromtoledo 01-11-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawnboy77 (Post 6306127)
Yes, looks great! Are you guys able
to cover the rails with that adhesive? It would seem to me that would
be great answer for those commercials rails that are “Stapled out” from
many years of cloth replacements, which is one of my problems with
my Anniversary rails.

No, but, I am working on an idea that RKC came up with to solve that
very problem for all 3 pool rooms I service here in Toledo. Once I have
it working and he approves it, I will show it. I really hope it works, the
variables are there, just have to solve the equation ! Stay tuned!


Trent from Toledo

ThinSlice 01-11-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo (Post 6306110)
Thanks Dave! I realized from a recent situation that

I had learned some bad behaviors from people

I don't like or want to name. I am a Professional and

I decided I had better act like one. There will be no

more fighting or drama coming from this guy.



My business is growing so fast and I am so happy

doing what I am doing. I can't let anyone ruin that

and you can bet I surely have some haters out there :)



It has been super quiet on here lately, but, in my

opinion it is far better than fighting an people

putting one another down. I also would like to

take this time to apologize to anyone I have been

a jerk to, it was not my intention, I am just passionate

about this business and can see my errors from the past.





Day 2 of using the new adhesive:



1. the set time is fast.

2. the working time is so good, I left a pocket

un-upholstered for 2 hours, cut it in thinking I

would have to add more adhesive, NOT!! I cut my tabs and wrapped them under and they stuck perfectly.

3. I am gonna estimate I will get at least 10-

7' tables out of the gallon. I will report back on this one.



https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ac&oe=5CD43F96



https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...37&oe=5CC327DB



https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...24&oe=5CB889B1



https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...de&oe=5CC53F5F



https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ca&oe=5CD1D4AA



Nice work and finally we are starting to get around to positive posts that are constructive and informative. My hat is off to you Trent. Letís see if this can all hold ground.


Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

realkingcobra 01-11-2019 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo (Post 6305387)
I am working at Racktime here in Toledo recovering their 13- Diamonds. I am using RKC250 for the first time. Here are my thoughts on the product:

1. Smell is totally tolerable.
2. It goes a VERY long way.
3. It works on top of Parabond M250 and Fastbond N10.
4. It holds as good as Fastbond N10(<<-- what I switched from )
5. It cures VERY consistent.
6. The can has a nice seal that says cut, I did not cut it out. I pried the seal out and resealed it with it, and capped it up when I was done.
7. I could use other products that are cheaper, but, I want to support Glen for all he has contributed to our industry and for the
100's of hours on the phone over the last 6 years.
I have officially switched all of my commercial installations and recovers to using RKC250. No more staples on bedcloths.

Ok, nice work Trent, but don't leave the cloth past the bottom of the slate glued to the plywood cross members, 1) it covers the levelers, 2) it's a waste of glue, 3) you'll never be able to lift the slate off in the event you need to for a service call...unless you first cut the slate free from being held down by the cloth glued to the plywood frame members.

With practice, you should get about 30 7ft recoveries out of a gallon.

trentfromtoledo 01-11-2019 09:57 PM

Thanks Glen! It means a lot coming from you.

They are red labels that did not come with the levelers. I will trim em up better next time for sure. Thanks for the constructive criticism, I always wanna make ya proud!

2 things I forgot:

1. the adhesive does not get all stringy and messy.
2. it does not soak through the cloth easily!


Trent from Toledo:thumbup:

realkingcobra 01-13-2019 10:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
8 Diamond 7fts, 1 quart of King Cobra adhesive!

J. Chambers 01-14-2019 09:05 AM

Congratulations Glen! I look forward to giving it a try. :smile:

bradsh98 01-14-2019 09:24 AM

I've got a gallon coming tomorrow.

realkingcobra 01-14-2019 12:09 PM

Just remember, the King Cobra adhesive is designed ed to be used after it drys and then pressure bond it when making contact. It can be a little sticky to the touch, but not by much, open time is crazy. Were were recovering the slates at least 2 at a time, which was enough to keep up with covering rails, taking tables apart, putting them back together, covering slates, leveling, so we had an assembly line going that only required 2 slates at a time being done, but i know we could do 4 at a time in a factory setting.

jtompilot 01-14-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realkingcobra (Post 6307554)
8 Diamond 7fts, 1 quart of King Cobra adhesive!

Diamond bar-box look so good. It almost make me want to play 8 ball:smile:

trentfromtoledo 01-14-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realkingcobra (Post 6307977)
Just remember, the King Cobra
adhesive is designed ed to be used after it drys and then pressure
bond it when making contact. It can be a little sticky to the touch,
but not by much, open time is crazy. Were were recovering the
slates at least 2 at a time, which was enough to keep up with
covering rails, taking tables apart, putting them back together,
covering slates, leveling, so we had an assembly line going that
only required 2 slates at a time being done, but i know we could
do 4 at a time in a factory setting.

I changed my whole game up today! Using FAR less adhesive!
We are doing the 2 slates at a time route as well. Only 2 more
table recovers to go tomorrow, have to head to Maine, then back
to finish the last 2, they need cushions and cloth :)


Trent from Toledo

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...0d&oe=5CD2D580

realkingcobra 01-15-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo (Post 6308272)
I changed my whole game up today! Using FAR less adhesive!
We are doing the 2 slates at a time route as well. Only 2 more
table recovers to go tomorrow, have to head to Maine, then back
to finish the last 2, they need cushions and cloth :)


Trent from Toledo

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...0d&oe=5CD2D580

Once again, trim the cloth off flush to the bottom of the slates.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.