AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Canadian Pool (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   What does limage mean for pool? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=493753)

bbb 05-13-2019 03:43 AM

What does limage mean for pool?
 
Gaston Leblanc a canadian champion comes to my town in florida for the winter.
yesterday at the pool room he was trying to help me develop my stroke
and said we call this "limage"
using google translate i only get "filing"
any french speaking members can give me a pool specific translation??
thanks in advance

garczar 05-14-2019 06:03 AM

it means "the image" or frame. https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/th...60b136d17.html Just guessing here but was he using it in reference to your visuals while shooting?

DaveM 05-14-2019 08:46 AM

Probably saying "le image", which as Garczar posted is "the image".

bbb 05-14-2019 02:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6396268)
it means "the image" or frame. https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/th...60b136d17.html Just guessing here but was he using it in reference to your visuals while shooting?

you can see one website where i got "filing"
he was demonstrating the warm up strokes with a long back stroke
Attachment 520006

garczar 05-15-2019 05:20 AM

Has nothing to do with filing as in filing wood or metal. It has to do with image, perspective, how you you see something, picture it etc.

bbb 05-16-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6396809)
Has nothing to do with filing as in filing wood or metal. It has to do with image, perspective, how you you see something, picture it etc.

thanks
regardless of what it means the drils he gave me are usefull

erhino41 06-21-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveM (Post 6396379)
Probably saying "le image", which as Garczar posted is "the image".

It would be l'image.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

erriep 07-08-2019 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garczar (Post 6396268)
it means "the image" or frame. https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/th...60b136d17.html Just guessing here but was he using it in reference to your visuals while shooting?

nope.

'limage" comes from "file"

"limage" is a part of the stroke. the backstroke , or "pre-shot routine" . when you're preparing the shot.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.