AzBilliards.com

AzBilliards.com (https://forums.azbilliards.com/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://forums.azbilliards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Haven't I seen you before? (https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=495162)

drlouis 06-10-2019 08:36 PM

Haven't I seen you before?
 
Just saw this in my Google news feed: am I mistaken or is this the same young man I've seen on here posted by his dad?

https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...1-899fc1c88991

Was pretty cool to see, sounds like this youngster is set to be a force to be reckoned with.

Rimfirejunkie 06-10-2019 09:24 PM

Yep thatís Jin. Future world beater!

measureman 06-11-2019 08:21 AM

I've played him at Felt.
He plays way beyond his age.
We played 9 ball on a 9 foot table.
One game he broke dry and I missed the 1 ball.
He ran out.
How many 9 year olds can do that?
I watched him closely.
He thinks 3 balls ahead.
His position play is very good.
He pockets long shots very good.
He makes shots with spin and position that a 9 year old should not be making.
At 9 years old he is capable of beating the average league player.

FeelDaShot 06-11-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by measureman (Post 6415095)
I've played him at Felt.
He plays way beyond his age.
We played 9 ball on a 9 foot table.
One game he broke dry and I missed the 1 ball.
He ran out.
How many 9 year olds can do that?
I watched him closely.
He thinks 3 balls ahead.
His position play is very good.
He pockets long shots very good.
He makes shots with spin and position that a 9 year old should not be making.
At 9 years old he is capable of beating the average league player.

The average league player is pretty weak. According to the article: "Nine-year-old Jin Powell can beat just about any adult that walks into Englewood's Felt Billiard bar".

Have they overstated his skill?

Black-Balled 06-11-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelDaShot (Post 6415104)
The average league player is pretty weak. According to the article: "Nine-year-old Jin Powell can beat just about any adult that walks into Englewood's Felt Billiard bar".

Have they overstated his skill?

Define 'just about any', you know...?

But that saiid, his size is going to put him at a marked disadvantage to a fully grown adult of equal skill level.

9. Wow.

Andrew Manning 06-11-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-Balled (Post 6415122)
his size is going to put him at a marked disadvantage to a fully grown adult of equal skill level.

I would have thought so too, but look at Alex Pagulayan.

Black-Balled 06-11-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Manning (Post 6415127)
I would have thought so too, but look at Alex Pagulayan.

Outlier!!!!

measureman 06-11-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelDaShot (Post 6415104)
The average league player is pretty weak. According to the article: "Nine-year-old Jin Powell can beat just about any adult that walks into Englewood's Felt Billiard bar".

Have they overstated his skill?

The article was written by a non player
I dont know how to define his skill level.
You just have to see him play and remember hes just a 9 year old.
We have a rating system in Colorado that gos like this
pro
AAA
AA
A
B
C
I would say hes a solid B player.
If he was a foot taller he could be an A player,he is handicapped by his height.

TEAM SLO 06-11-2019 11:37 AM

Hey Dr Louis... yes, that's my son Jin. Thanks for posting this up.

For others, yes they got some of the info wrong, exaggerated a bit and such. But whether it be my son or any other player, just happy to see it on TV.

My son is still working very hard, has huge goals.... doesnt mean he will get to his goals but he sure isnt a quitter.

He is currently doing giveaways on fb for those on his friendslist and living here in the USA. Last Sunday was a kamui product, this week is some BrutalGameGear, with other sponsor giveaways coming up as well later this month.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.